Sun, Oct 6, 6:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Is there a way to turn off all lights in Poser 11?

chud ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2023 at 2:11 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:00 AM

Is there a way to turn off all  lights in Poser 11?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2023 at 4:56 AM

Delete them all - there's a script - or simply switch their values to zero.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2023 at 7:22 AM
Site Admin

Or on the properties tab, uncheck the on switch.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2023 at 9:24 AM · edited Fri, 13 January 2023 at 9:24 AM

People, read the question!  The OP wants to turn off ALL lights in the scene at once.  Follow the Path in the screencap below:

91f5HyRV2MllSGAm4k8M063NZVyfjJNpIpsXuJwe.png

Once the XLC Panel opens, right-click Light on the banner (highlighted) which will open the Parameters window, and there you will find the context field for turning on/off lights (highlighted).

SaEXSmoSV0E9gRn1Myva6cGQJIDhSWfgLJlN4uvC.png

This is how it's done in P11.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2023 at 12:23 PM

I did read the question.  Can't see where it says "at once", though.  Either way I suggested - and the others - work.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2023 at 1:16 PM

It's a matter of implication but you are right, the OP was not explicitly clear about how to turn off the lights.  All should be good now; all the bases have been covered.

chud ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2023 at 6:28 PM

Thank you. My apologies for not being clearer. :)

NikKelly ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2023 at 11:27 AM

That's a useful trick, especially when you're trying to set a scene with 'luminous' stuff, as super-ambient and/or Cycles' emission.

willyb53 ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2023 at 8:54 AM

One other way :D

https://sharecg.com/v/57963/gallery/8/Script/Light-Toggle

Designed so you could set up working lights, toggle them off and set up the render lights, and then toggle back and forth as needed

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

chud ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 12:14 AM

Thanks willyb! That's precisely what I needed.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 1:52 PM

my free light set here at Renderosity includes a preset that deletes all lights and one that loads three global lights that do not illuminate when rendered for those times you are using an HDRI or glowing objects.

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86815/studio-lights-for-poser-12-and-poser-11

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.