Sun, Oct 6, 10:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Everything Aiko

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 09 November 2022 at 9:52 PM · edited Wed, 09 November 2022 at 9:52 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I had an interesting idea, and I am not sure if I pulled it off. It's my Ariel morph for A4. I titled it "Mirror Image". Let me know if it looks good, or if I should work on it. I know the strand based hair hides her face. That was intentional, and something I can fix if it's throwing the image off:

VmDSwASJgLjXs2NqfpgaBrHqqu18Aqi8801o5qjO.png

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 12:06 PM

Updated...

hSMJCwZcg3IqI3leqdgEh911OTnHoeYyfQkeKqBw.png

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

ethin ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 4:11 PM
rokket posted at 7:53 PM Wed, 9 November 2022 - #4448838

Can you sculpt morphs in Blender and use them effectively in Poser?

I use D|S and not poser, but yes it works.

My galleries

Renderosity   Deviantart   Daz3d

Youtube   ShareCG   Gumroad

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 4:34 PM
ethin posted at 4:11 PM Thu, 10 November 2022 - #4448893

I know that I used to attempt to do morphs for Poser, but all you could do was move the vertices. Any other changes would change the vertex order and the morph wouldn't load. It's been a loooooooong time since I have attempted to do it, but I want to try again one day.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 4:35 PM

Final update on this image. Time to move on to something else.

LUkHKbFBswJdA52fTo9WcLvnr7fQ7krdaoP2plEc.png

ethin ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 4:39 PM · edited Thu, 10 November 2022 at 4:41 PM

Well if your aiming for something that's meant to look like a reflection but is not, then what you got works.

While the strand hair wasn't all that bad the "reflection" had Japanese horror vibes, witch could be cool if the "reflection" is suppose to be an evil mirrored version of the character.

Whoops took too long composing my reply.

My galleries

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 5:10 PM

No, you did fine.

And gave me some ideas if I ever do that one again!

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 5:30 PM

rokket posted at 4:34 PM Thu, 10 November 2022 - #4448896

ethin posted at 4:11 PM Thu, 10 November 2022 - #4448893

I know that I used to attempt to do morphs for Poser, but all you could do was move the vertices. Any other changes would change the vertex order and the morph wouldn't load. It's been a loooooooong time since I have attempted to do it, but I want to try again one day.
You're out of luck Rokket. You can only still move the vertices. That's all a morph does. Yes you can create morphs in Blender for Poser. Easily. It helps to have an exporter that does the welding and creates a reference, but it's not absolutely necessary. For Full body morphs in particular. Creating the morph is really only the tip of the iceberg with it though, it's creating the dependencies to go along with it that trips people up. Creating a static face is fine but if the expressions no longer work and it breaks the eyes and mouth parts rigging it's kind of pointless isn't it? It's why you see a lot of hotshots with fancy stonefaced morphs that never get released, because they don't know how or are too lazy to create all the extra stuff to actually make it work in a quality manner. Same goes with body stuff. If it doesn't work with the rigging, needs a bunch of JCMs that the person doesn't know how to make, or scaling dials and controllers, it's really only useful to a point. Plus there's the clothing issue.

That's why most people stick with dial spinners. And little morphs that don't really change much. From scratch radical changes require a whole other range of skill set.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 5:33 PM

And if you change the vertex order, the morph will load

As an explosion.

It's the wrong number that won't load.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 5:56 PM

I've posted tutorials on how to create morphs in Blender in the past.

Here's the core gist.

Work from the unimesh figure model obj in geometries.

When you import it uncheck split by obj

Check polygroups

Check keep vertex order.

Sculpt

Export

Check only 

Polygroups

Vertex order

Apply as full body morph by the Figure Menu load full body morph.

That's it.

You can zoom on the figure by pressing the period or dot key. Dont scale the figure. It's not necessary in Blender. I've created hundreds upon hundreds of morphs in Blender without scaling, the dot zoom works fine for even the finest details. Anyone that says otherwise is WRONG.

If you want to change the camera focal press the N key and change the focal in the view tab. Press N again to dismiss. Do not subdivide or tesselate. Simply use the sculpt tools on the base resolution.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 6:10 PM
Some figures, Nova for instance, will return a wrong number of vertices error, even with the most delicate precautions, she's an exception. Probably because that figure is made weirdly in general. La Femme FBM can be generated fine with the above method. You'll have to go by a figure by figure basis... I use a python exporter so I can skip all that.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 6:32 PM

*don't scale the figure

When I say don't scale the figure I mean it's not necessary to work comfortably on the model. You can zoom in on a single poly inside a models head with the dot key. And the brushes work fine at default scale, unlike in say Zbrush or Mudbox where scaling the model up is absolutely necessary for the brushes to even work (in particular mudbox where you have to scale up 3000×)

Scaling parts of the model with the editing tools is fine however, particularly useful with proportional editing active ( basically soft falloff, similar to the alt magnet selections you might know of in wings but much more "modern") very useful for morphing.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 6:36 PM · edited Thu, 10 November 2022 at 6:37 PM

You can get away with some pretty radical mesh changes in Poser now with 'match centers to morph' and 'Animated Centers and Orientations'... and even propagate this over to conformers. But this is another subject with it's own sets of peculiarities.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 6:40 PM

But I betcha Rokket doesn't want to hear any of this lol. "Maybe one of these days" ;)

ethin ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 6:43 PM

Since we were talking about it, I felt that I needed to mess around with the idea. Quick and dirty, didn't even both to save the scene.

PIx3xwLcTAw93y2yKVqD7af0ezU43IM3KXkCHthd.jpg

My galleries

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 7:49 PM · edited Thu, 10 November 2022 at 7:51 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

If you have one of the newer versions of Blender and want to use the new obj import and export, these settings work. I think these started in blender 3.30

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 8:05 PM
RedPhantom posted at 7:49 PM Thu, 10 November 2022 - #4448914

If you have one of the newer versions of Blender and want to use the new obj import and export, these settings work. I think these started in blender 3.30

odoX8wey22J4Wg9ikTFOGHqAr1UFeRs2a7FiFWQ3.JPGuGNKcjxGgaOVUPMmhDJM35yv5puoPWLyWMYq2dyU.JPG

Uncheck apply modifiers.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 8:20 PM
I guess I better upgrade Blender, I'm sure it'll have a significant impact on my skill level... I've got to keep up with RedPhantom after all lol.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 11:01 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

lol. It may have a significant impact on your wallet. It's so expensive these days. :wink:

Keeping up with me. lol. I'm doing the donut tutorial again, mostly to see the differences. And I'm helping my son who decided he wants to learn 3D

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2022 at 11:44 PM
RedPhantom posted at 11:01 PM Thu, 10 November 2022 - #4448923

lol. It may have a significant impact on your wallet. It's so expensive these days. 😉

Keeping up with me. lol. I'm doing the donut tutorial again, mostly to see the differences. And I'm helping my son who decided he wants to learn 3D

As talented as most of these young folks are at 3d stuff he'll be leaving us in the dust in no time. There's really something to that old dog new tricks thing... problem is, with 3d stuff, there's always another damned new trick ;)

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2022 at 8:29 AM

primorge posted at 6:40 PM Thu, 10 November 2022 - #4448912

But I betcha Rokket doesn't want to hear any of this lol. "Maybe one of these days" ;)

When I said that, I meant learning Blender. I can do a few things. I know how to use the modifiers. Mostly, I use Shrinkwrap and solidify. But I will start learning to model as soon as I figure out which hot keys are what. There used to be a map of them. I don't know if they changed any of them since they went to version 3, but I think I can find it again.

My whole reason for getting into the 3D thing was the animation. And Poser 8 was seriously lacking in that department when I picked it up for a song and a dance at a Navy Exchange years ago. But Blender showed me that Pixar and Disney quality animation was possible. So the fire was lit again. Then I downloaded it, and the dream hit a brick wall.

But I will get on it again. I have devoted my Sundays to turning off the internet on my laptop and just learning Blender.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2022 at 8:31 AM

ethin posted at 6:43 PM Thu, 10 November 2022 - #4448913

Since we were talking about it, I felt that I needed to mess around with the idea. Quick and dirty, didn't even both to save the scene.

PIx3xwLcTAw93y2yKVqD7af0ezU43IM3KXkCHthd.jpg

Really nice.

I think I may still mess around with the concept some more later.

I was doing a Kara vs Supergirl scene, but I used the pz3 too much and corrupted it. Took the wind out of my sails, and I really need to get in and finish it. You can find it on Deviant Art if you have an account. Rokket007

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2022 at 9:39 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Yes, some of the hotkeys have changed in Blender 3. You can find a hot sheet here https://www.dropbox.com/s/jg4fs4i8zw5bxt7/Blender%203.0%20Shortcuts%20v1.2.pdf?dl=0 but they also have better menus now so you don't need so many hotkeys and there's a search function that will help you find things too

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2022 at 9:55 AM

This will help since I never really knew too many of the hotkeys anyhow.

Thanks.

ethin ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2022 at 2:52 PM

L9Lh4cLYV8gen025oXyyHg2yyGcjvZ8kVljGQKhQ.jpg

My galleries

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 8:32 AM

You should have entered that into the Halloween contest. Looks really good.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 10:56 AM

Indeed: it's awesome

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

ethin ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 12:11 PM

Thanks!!

I never think of stuff like that. Besides I bet the entry period had closed before I even came up with the idea (it was a day or two after Halloween), it took a week and a half to put together, and it only happened because the house and neighborhood I used went on sale right as I was going to give up on the idea. 😂

My galleries

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 1:41 PM · edited Wed, 16 November 2022 at 1:45 PM

Playing around with the Aubry morph again...

LNTBLw198Ic774Z277TiAMGlqKuolYrs1fSwBxIC.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 1:46 PM
ethin posted at 12:11 PM Wed, 16 November 2022 - #4449351

Thanks!!

I never think of stuff like that. Besides I bet the entry period had closed before I even came up with the idea (it was a day or two after Halloween), it took a week and a half to put together, and it only happened because the house and neighborhood I used went on sale right as I was going to give up on the idea. 😂

Well, now you are ready for next year!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 5:40 PM
Site Admin Online Now!
rokket posted at 1:46 PM Wed, 16 November 2022 - #4449358

Thanks!!

Except next year's theme will likely be different and it may not fit

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 6:22 PM · edited Wed, 16 November 2022 at 6:23 PM

I had to pump up the emission to see if I could get her to cast a light on the ground. When that didn't work, I put her on the ground...

x0yEF7uf9PCzgJn486jOkOprELWI8xlCHmUed8yZ.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 6:22 PM
RedPhantom posted at 5:40 PM Wed, 16 November 2022 - #4449381
rokket posted at 1:46 PM Wed, 16 November 2022 - #4449358

Thanks!!

Except next year's theme will likely be different and it may not fit
Yeah, that's true.

ethin ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2022 at 12:55 AM · edited Sun, 27 November 2022 at 12:55 AM

Wow, trying to do a gen 4 version of Dody's counterpart Gand was a real chore. Almost couldn't use any of Hiro4's head morphs, the ones that would give me the shape I needed also altered the the chin, nose and ears to the point they weren't salvageable.

Labeling gen 4 presets as being for V4/M4 would probably get better exposure anyway.

D2JUPZm4UqRT6TH4jkLUiEbmWdlqbBfNS9reHVyP.jpg

My galleries

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2022 at 8:34 AM

That's really nice. I have the Hiro morph for M4. Adding this would make some really cool scenes.

ethin ( ) posted Sat, 03 December 2022 at 8:30 PM
The original Dody and Gand for A3/H3 along with the V4/M4 versions can now be found in the rosity freestuff!

My galleries

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 03 December 2022 at 8:40 PM

These are awesome!!!  A big thanks.

ethin ( ) posted Sun, 04 December 2022 at 1:31 PM

Thanks! Your very welcome!

My galleries

ethin ( ) posted Fri, 30 December 2022 at 12:41 AM · edited Fri, 30 December 2022 at 12:41 AM

5f01SiCinLvnvNvfRQeWI7G9zYFAPFZG2Ygkdb4Z.jpg.

My galleries

ethin ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2023 at 7:14 PM

Aiko7 for Rosity's PinUp contest. I might get one of Aiko3 done for it as well🤞, if not I got plenty to choose from in my gallery.

i3AiPD7aSyC1lXY5P2BXfGD3QH2B4pO5RlQdcHlQ.jpg

My galleries

ethin ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2023 at 1:47 AM · edited Wed, 18 January 2023 at 1:47 AM

.h8BNiHwOJjpbAURKOKwD2fcuRV0B36DTW6C3mAwb.jpg

My galleries

ethin ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2023 at 10:00 PM · edited Sat, 04 February 2023 at 10:00 PM

A mix of A8 and A8.3

5IaggTSdD4cl0D0eIKTCylEFhxuTcugI9VviMkm4.jpg

My galleries

ethin ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2023 at 10:04 PM

Another pin-up contest entry.

ExnCZaMWb6Mb6oQPWBYvd0NpxCdWsTPDp3MLcHHc.jpg

My galleries

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2023 at 5:47 PM

f7AeHJphgOE6W5da6lulTDx7BP1qFZ4Qv1ohJ0xQ.png

A4 and a little nudity...

ethin ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2023 at 3:13 PM

"if you're not the lead elephant, the view never changes" 🥰

My galleries

ethin ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2023 at 3:16 PM · edited Thu, 09 February 2023 at 3:16 PM

Testing out an Iray preset for Generation 3 on Aiko3rZoboxh5YeDi7S3vCkNFsHsvg56gdJHpmQCSpgl2.jpg

My galleries

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2023 at 7:11 PM

Nice.

ethin ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2023 at 11:19 PM

Thanks!

My galleries

ethin ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2023 at 2:09 PM

A bit late but love should be celebrated all year not just for one day. Also I may have gotten a bit carried away.

NtpXegay8T2WoejwgB9AqN7Tg7Qoj56ybgQPmYtb.jpg

My galleries

ethin ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2023 at 1:26 PM

Another one of my entries for Rosity's pinup contest.

GXo81CNoupsPYZkAm7IZrcw2Sf8yZEBaBfWLvKhS.jpg

My galleries

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.