Mon, Sep 16, 11:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 6:31 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Marketplace is being updated

CHMedia ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 10:22 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 12:47 PM
Attention Renderosity community members!  We are thrilled to announce that a major update to our marketplace is rolling out on February 13th, just in time for Valentine's Day.  The marketplace features on the site will shutdown at 10 AM server time (CST) and will be offline for approximately 30 minutes as we install software and database updates.

While the update is comprehensive, rest assured that the marketplace features you know and love will still be there. You'll still be able to browse and purchase high-quality digital content from artists and designers around the world.  Your purchase history and downloads will be available as always.  The update will simply bring new and improved tools, features, and functionalities to enhance your overall experience.

One of the biggest changes you'll notice is the new, modern and sleek design. The update features a refreshed look and feel that is intended to provide a better, faster browsing and shopping experience. The new design is also optimized for a more intuitive navigation, making it easier for you to find what you're looking for.

So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to fall in love with Renderosity all over again! The new and improved marketplace is just around the corner, and we can't wait for you to experience it for yourself. Visit us on February 13th to start browsing and shopping for all the digital content you need.

Cheers,
Renderosity Team

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 10:27 AM · edited Mon, 13 February 2023 at 10:30 AM

Developers will be watching this thread, so you can post any bugs that you find here. There were a few changes to non-marketplace pages (ex. Gallery, Freestuff) needed to integrate some of the marketplace changes, so you may see some issues there, too.

Here are some questions you might have:

The site was working fine for me, why did you have to change it?
This website is made of many softwares and systems, like PHP, AWS, different plugins, frameworks, etc. All these technologies are updated and improved (or deprecated) yearly as computing tech gets better and best practices are refined. In order to capitalize on these improvements, Renderosity has to make changes too, many of which are behind the scenes. Otherwise, the site would become outdated over time and a code nightmare to work with. That means slower fixes for things that are already broken, longer time for new features, among other issues.

X was working fine before, why is it broken now?
We are writing completely new code, not just making edits to old code. We essentially built a new site with newer coding technology that does what the old site does, but is faster and easier to maintain. X is broken (for now, we will fix it) because its inner workings are completely different even though it looks the same on the surface.

Thank you all for your patience with any potential issues. We hope you enjoy the new marketplace :)

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 11:13 AM

Fantastic work!! Every page loads instantly now when using a 5G smartphone to browse the marketplace.

Congratulations!

arifzhafir ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 11:21 AM

It looks OK, but now, when I view a product's promos, I have to scroll down a bit to click the promo, scroll back up to view the promo, scroll down a bit to click the next promo, scroll back up to view that promo, scroll down a bit to click the following promo, scroll back up to view that promo, scroll down a bit to click the next promo, scroll up to view that promo, scroll down a bit to click the next promo, scroll back up to view that promo.

Please add back the advance and reverse arrows on the promos to eliminate the above.

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 11:26 AM

arifzhafir posted at 11:21 AM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455771

It looks OK, but now, when I view a product's promos, I have to scroll down a bit to click the promo, scroll back up to view the promo, scroll down a bit to click the next promo, scroll back up to view that promo, scroll down a bit to click the following promo, scroll back up to view that promo, scroll down a bit to click the next promo, scroll up to view that promo, scroll down a bit to click the next promo, scroll back up to view that promo.

Please add back the advance and reverse arrows on the promos to eliminate the above.

Noted. Other people seem to have the same issue here: https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2977313/feedback-on-the-new-marketplace-format, so I'll definitely pass this on for modification. 

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 11:26 AM · edited Mon, 13 February 2023 at 11:26 AM
TwiztidKidd posted at 11:13 AM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455768

Fantastic work!! Every page loads instantly now when using a 5G smartphone to browse the marketplace.

Congratulations!

Glad it's faster now :)

arifzhafir ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 11:27 AM

The wishlist now shows only 25 items instead of the former 50? But now there are no page selector numbers; so, I now have to step through 3 pages instead of going to where I want instantly. I guess I need to throw out wishlist items, and limit my wishlisting.

tomcatoliver ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 11:27 AM

As Arifzhafir says, the old method of navigating the promo images was much more convenient. This was also mentioned by another poster in the Marketplace Customer Support forum.

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 11:37 AM

arifzhafir posted at 11:27 AM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455776

The wishlist now shows only 25 items instead of the former 50? But now there are no page selector numbers; so, I now have to step through 3 pages instead of going to where I want instantly. I guess I need to throw out wishlist items, and limit my wishlisting.

Oop, nice catch. We can change that to show 50 per page, and allow you to view specific pages. We're currently focusing on site-breaking bugs, so a change like that may come later this week.

arifzhafir ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 11:39 AM

The wishlist now "shuffles" items: When I go to the next page of the wishlist, many items that were on the first page are repeated. This happens also on the third page.

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 11:48 AM
arifzhafir posted at 11:39 AM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455781

The wishlist now "shuffles" items: When I go to the next page of the wishlist, many items that were on the first page are repeated. This happens also on the third page.

Another nice catch. Added it to my list to fix :)

arifzhafir ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 12:04 PM

It's the wishlist Default view that shuffles items. In fact, in Default ordering, there are several items in my wishlist that NEVER show up. I have to switch to Alphabetical to see all the items. Of course, that means that I can no longer prioritize items. Previously, there was a Priority setting rather than Default, and it showed items that had been moved to the top, followed by the remaining items in alphabetical order.

Giana ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 3:33 PM

when buying products, i used that Gallery tab that existed under each product quite a bit in order to make better purchasing decisions.  it allowed me to see the item rendered under various light sets, in different programs, etc. that gave me an idea of how something could look past how the vendor presented it in promos. some vendors excel at doing promos/presentation and since they know their own product well, they also know how to showcase it in the best way. and there are vendors that only do an average job with such things so you'll see super positive reviews that state that the promos really do not do an item justice... that Gallery tab afforded the opportunity to see an item in many other people's 'hands'...

i am aware that i could go to a vendor's gallery and hit 'Credits', but that will give me all images that credit that vendor rather than sifting out a specific product.

is that function going to be restored, or is it now lost forever?

oaiki ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 3:39 PM

On the Accounts page all orders are fully expanded, and there is no expand/collapse widget. ... bit of a pain having to page trough loads of product detail to collect the order detail for monthly expense summary, also prone to missing an order in the process.

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 4:02 PM

Giana posted at 3:33 PM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455802

when buying products, i used that Gallery tab that existed under each product quite a bit in order to make better purchasing decisions.  it allowed me to see the item rendered under various light sets, in different programs, etc. that gave me an idea of how something could look past how the vendor presented it in promos. some vendors excel at doing promos/presentation and since they know their own product well, they also know how to showcase it in the best way. and there are vendors that only do an average job with such things so you'll see super positive reviews that state that the promos really do not do an item justice... that Gallery tab afforded the opportunity to see an item in many other people's 'hands'...

i am aware that i could go to a vendor's gallery and hit 'Credits', but that will give me all images that credit that vendor rather than sifting out a specific product.

is that function going to be restored, or is it now lost forever?

This feature is still there, but the tab doesn't show up for products without gallery images. For example, it's here https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/135377/la-femme-pro-v2 because there are gallery images crediting La Femme. Does that help?

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 4:04 PM
oaiki posted at 3:39 PM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455805

On the Accounts page all orders are fully expanded, and there is no expand/collapse widget. ... bit of a pain having to page trough loads of product detail to collect the order detail for monthly expense summary, also prone to missing an order in the process.

I'll pass this feedback on to the team. If anyone else has thoughts about this, please let me know.

oaiki ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 4:06 PM · edited Mon, 13 February 2023 at 4:08 PM

Not a new issue; but, if y'all are going to fix the paging through the promo images, it would be nice if the images scaled to the screen size ... workstation monitors are usually landscape, so portrait images work well (?) on phones but need scrolling to see on a monitor.

espindav ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 4:09 PM

In the orders listing for our accounts will you be putting back the ability to hide the detail of the order so we can have only the list of orders.  That feature made it easier to navigate to the wanted order so that we can click on the order number to the detail of the order when we find it.

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 4:21 PM

oaiki posted at 4:06 PM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455811

Not a new issue; but, if y'all are going to fix the paging through the promo images, it would be nice if the images scaled to the screen size ... workstation monitors are usually landscape, so portrait images work well (?) on phones but need scrolling to see on a monitor.

I agree with this, I'll pass it on to the team. Definitely something we've heard about, but not sure when we'll get to it since we're prioritizing site-breaking bugs at the moment. But, definitely noted :)

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 4:22 PM
espindav posted at 4:09 PM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455812

In the orders listing for our accounts will you be putting back the ability to hide the detail of the order so we can have only the list of orders.  That feature made it easier to navigate to the wanted order so that we can click on the order number to the detail of the order when we find it.

I see, thank you for the feedback. I can't say for certain what we'll do for that (team decision, not mine) but I'll definitely pass this feedback on.

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 4:35 PM
arifzhafir posted at 11:39 AM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455781

This should be fixed now, please let me know if there are any other issues!

Giana ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 4:36 PM

yes!  thank you for the clarification.  it is greatly appreciated :))

i apparently chose 4 various items from my Accounts page, i guess none of which have ever been credited, so i mis-led myself!! how embarrassing.

thanks again!!

oh, and i do like the way credits and certificates can easily be used right there during the check-out process via the drop-down instead of bouncing between pages to gather applicable info... kudos on that bit...    ^bounce^

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 4:50 PM
Giana posted at 4:36 PM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455819

yes!  thank you for the clarification.  it is greatly appreciated :))

i apparently chose 4 various items from my Accounts page, i guess none of which have ever been credited, so i mis-led myself!! how embarrassing.

thanks again!!

oh, and i do like the way credits and certificates can easily be used right there during the check-out process via the drop-down instead of bouncing between pages to gather applicable info... kudos on that bit...    ^bounce^

No worries, happy to clarify :)  And happy to hear you like that dropdown!

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 4:57 PM

The option of searching my purchased items by vendor is no longer there. That was a crucial livesaving feature that  really should be added back. Not sure why that disappeared?

lauraguo ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 5:14 PM

Rhia474 posted at 4:57 PM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455824

The option of searching my purchased items by vendor is no longer there. That was a crucial livesaving feature that  really should be added back. Not sure why that disappeared?

You should still be able to search for vendors in the search bar (just put in their full username). I see what you're saying though and I'd like to add some sort of vendor filter as soon as the major bugs get fixed. One that suggests vendors as you type since that's easier.

oaiki ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 5:22 PM

BTW I ought mention, I really like the quick view, add to cart / view in library buttons on the product listing pages; they'll streamline the purchasing process

oaiki ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 5:41 PM

The product "quick view" shows "Related" products but does not list the "Required" products; the later is most useful.
I appreciate that some of the required product may be on 3rd party sites, so a simple list, as it is on the product's page, would be sufficient

arifzhafir ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 6:06 PM
lauraguo posted at 5:14 PM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455827

You should still be able to search for vendors in the search bar (just put in their full username). I see what you're saying though and I'd like to add some sort of vendor filter as soon as the major bugs get fixed. One that suggests vendors as you type since that's easier.

There have been vendors whose names I forget, but I would scroll through the vendor list in my Purchased Items, and I ALWAYS found the vendor's name (sometimes on the second try) and afterwards the product I was seeking. Often, I couldn't even guess the first initial of their names; so, I don't know how the search suggestion would help me. Honestly, I've been trying to get daz3d to make their product library more like Renderosity's Purchased Items, and here Renderosity is doing the reverse. Oh well. I'll leave you to it then.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 6:30 PM

Quite right, the point of the purchased product list vendor search was it had a drop-down so I could quickly scroll through and bring up all products I bought fom a vendor and sometimes I even forgot I had something. Please don't expect me to remember vendor name spelling, especially since some put weird characters in front of it for some reason?

bwldrd ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 7:00 PM · edited Mon, 13 February 2023 at 7:03 PM
Online Now!

arifzhafir posted at 6:06 PM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455834

lauraguo posted at 5:14 PM Mon, 13 February 2023 - #4455827

There have been vendors whose names I forget, but I would scroll through the vendor list in my Purchased Items, and I ALWAYS found the vendor's name (sometimes on the second try) and afterwards the product I was seeking. Often, I couldn't even guess the first initial of their names; so, I don't know how the search suggestion would help me. Honestly, I've been trying to get daz3d to make their product library more like Renderosity's Purchased Items, and here Renderosity is doing the reverse. Oh well. I'll leave you to it then.
I have to agree with this.. I have 219 page (5000+) items in my list.  Expecting me to type in vendor names I can't remember  for vendors that no longer have a market presence, have changed thier user  names (powerage anyone).  etc. is ridiculous. 

On the preview front.. agree about the previews.. no page resize, have to click twice for previews. have to exit a preview click another image, then the main image, to see another large preview, vs. used to be able to click the sides of large previews to go to previous or next.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

ArtByMel ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 8:12 PM

There are multiple images missing from products too. I'm hoping that this gets squared away soon. 

My store here at Renderosity.

Art By Mel

cadman ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 9:23 PM

I can no longer search my order items by vendor!!!  Please restore!!

RFreise ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2023 at 12:27 AM

Seems to have taken a step backward preferred the pages opening in a new tab and the product images opening in a carousel 

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2023 at 1:09 AM

Looks pretty much similar to me... Most of the UI items remain where we can find them.

Eternal Hobbyist

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2023 at 7:22 AM · edited Tue, 14 February 2023 at 7:27 AM

You have to make the products you click on, open in a new window / tab. No way I'm using the Back button in the browser.

Digitell ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2023 at 7:48 AM · edited Tue, 14 February 2023 at 7:49 AM

Something I don't like is it used to be when browsing the marketplace, I would click on an item and it would open it in a new window. Now it opens the item in the same window I am browsing in and I have to hit the back button to go back to where I was. ..not a major issue but opening in a new window saves where I left off searching.

Other than that, the check out process is wonderful! Good work! 

lauraguo ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2023 at 9:55 AM

@oaiki - Glad you like the quick view :) I'll note your suggestion regarding required products.

@arifzhafir - The dropdown would also just list out all the vendors when you click it. When you type afterwards, it would filter. This is similar to how the dropdown at the top of the forms works ("Browse forums...")

@bwldrd - Thanks for the feedback. We're planning on changing the preview images navigation.

@ArtByMel - Unfortunately this seems to be unrelated to the migration. There were many old products missing images, and a lot of them just aren't in our storage anymore. I don't know why this is. Vendors will need to reupload those :(

@cadman - Adding back the vendor dropdown is planned.

@RFreise, @TwiztidKidd, @Digitell - Team decision is to open in the same tab. Rationale is that the user can choose to open in a new tab (I use middle mouse click, or right click + open in new tab. There are multiple ways of doing this on desktop and mobile, you can Google those if you want) but, if we force open in a new tab, there's no way the user can force it to open in the same tab. I'm sorry, but that's the decision for now :( 

Okay--there's a lot of stuff here (and likely more comments to come) so I'm dipping out for now to go and code more.

Thanks everyone for commenting and leaving feedback, we really appreciate it. Please remember we completely re-wrote the code, so there are things here and there that we didn't get to re-create perfectly (like the vendor dropdown) not because there was some conscious decision, but just because we're human (didn't know people use something a certain way, thought some implementation would be sufficient, overlooked a detail, etc.), so we appreciate your patience as we aggregate and implement the feedback. :)

cadman ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2023 at 7:46 PM

Searching for vendors in dropdown no longer scrollable.  If you can't remember the name without seeing it, too bad.  Please return the scroll.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2023 at 7:25 AM · edited Wed, 15 February 2023 at 7:26 AM

I've been trying to help you the best I can, and report all issues, my support for your website ends here and now, today. This is my last post in the forums here.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2023 at 10:35 AM

I am so glad you finally got rid of automatically open new product in new tab! I am one of those who always just use click middle mouse button if I want to open something in a new tab, and if I don't click middle mouse button it means  I don't want a new tab!  When you changed this a few years ago, it really, really annoyed me, to the point I started using this site much less. Glad you got to your senses and stopped forcing this on everyone :) Opening in a new tab is as easy as a mouseclick after all.

PaulaL ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2023 at 11:12 AM

I`ve found a bug, I can`t actually purchase anything, I go to check out, but the place order button isn`t working, I click on it and it says to select an item in the list?

I have no idea what is going wrong or if I`m doing something wrong, all my info is correct, it just isn`t working.

nirvy ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2023 at 11:21 AM · edited Wed, 15 February 2023 at 2:13 PM

Where did the promotional 360 rotations go? Will they appear again? Ty

CHMedia ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2023 at 2:14 PM
nirvy posted at 11:21 AM Wed, 15 February 2023 - #4455975

Where did the promotional 360 rotations go? Will they appear again? Ty

I have reported this to our dev team. Can you send me a direct link to the rotation you came across that is missing?
PS: I edited your post by mistake. I apologize for that.

CHMedia ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2023 at 2:17 PM
PaulaL posted at 11:12 AM Wed, 15 February 2023 - #4455972

I`ve found a bug, I can`t actually purchase anything, I go to check out, but the place order button isn`t working, I click on it and it says to select an item in the list?

I have no idea what is going wrong or if I`m doing something wrong, all my info is correct, it just isn`t working.

I am reaching out to let you know that this has been replicated. I have informed a developer and reported the issue to our issue tracker.

CHMedia ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2023 at 2:52 PM
cadman posted at 7:46 PM Tue, 14 February 2023 - #4455938

Searching for vendors in dropdown no longer scrollable.  If you can't remember the name without seeing it, too bad.  Please return the scroll.

This issue has been replicated. I have posted it to our issue tracker and informed the Marketplace Manager.

ebasham ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2023 at 5:19 PM
Site Admin
PaulaL posted at 11:12 AM Wed, 15 February 2023 - #4455972

This is actually because you need to select a State/Region in the payment details.

sadrielxv ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2023 at 1:54 AM

An option to hide items already owned would be more than welcome and make navigating much easier.

nirvy ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2023 at 3:32 AM

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/vendors/nirvy

Take your pick, my whole store!

Every product had a 360 rotation and now there's a thumb of the main image and the rotation is gone.

I was wondering if maybe I need to upload them all again.

Thanks

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Thu, 16 February 2023 at 7:00 AM

I've noticed that, unlike the previous state of the site, when I'm on a seller's page and click on one of their products, it no longer opens into a new page.....

My Store

My Freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.