Mon, Sep 16, 11:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:29 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Rewards Points not applied at the Prime Rate

efgnow ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 10:00 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 7:58 PM

Hi,

I am a Prime member, and my subscription is current.

I placed an order yesterday, total $18.93. At that time, my pending points total was zero.

The Rewards Points, at the Prime member rate of 7 pts per dollar, should have come to 132 pts or so.

My Rewards points page only shows  95 pts pending. That's the amount that would apply for non-Prime members.

I sent an email to admin @ renderosity, but had no response, so I'm posting this here.

This needs to be fixed, so I receive the correct Prime member Rewards points.

I can't help wondering how many other times this may have happened.

Thanks.

efgnow ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 10:19 AM

Just happened again.

Order total $11.00, points appled 55, instead of the correct amount of 77.

The Rewards page still shows 7 pts per dollar for Prime members... I am a Prime member...

What's up with this?

taoz ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 10:29 AM · edited Sat, 25 February 2023 at 10:30 AM

I placed an order on the 21th and another today the 24th, both have the correct Prime awards:

$14.62 / 102 p
$11.93 / 84 p

So not a general problem it seems.

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 4:30 PM

Hello.

We will have to look over this with the development team. I will get  back to you as soon as possible. Do not worry, any miscalculations will be corrected when  found. 

Giana ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2023 at 11:32 AM

i can confirm that things are not calculating properly - just experienced this myself on my order today

i will say that next to my order today, it is not calling out it's a prime purchase, though i AM a member...

usually it will state: Marketplace Purchase (Prime)

efgnow ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2023 at 3:27 AM

I just noticed that this miscalculation of my Prime rewards points is still not fixed. So it's been a week without a fix or any update on progress. That's a little bit troubling.

My problem is that I make so many purchases at Renderosity... spend so many dollars here, in other words.

I never really looked at the Rewards history for my account, and it took me a bit to undertsand what I was seeing; that the points, by date, are based on individual items purchased on that date, not on Order totals for that date? 

So, in order to keep track of my Rewards Points activity, I need to go back through each order by date, and, item by item, cross check against the Rewards history for that date item by item?

This isn't overly taxing... but annoying? Definitely, because the list of mis-calculated items keeps getting longer. Tracking it, and backtracking it, is a hassle I don't want.

As a long-time Renderosity customer who shops, and purchases, at Renderosity pretty near every day, sometimes placing more than one order each day, the higher Prime member Rewards point rate is a major factor in my yearly decision to stay a Prime member. Those extra 2 points on a dollar that I get as a Prime member, given how often I spend a dollar at Rendorosity, really add up. And since I pay with my Prime membership for the priviledge of getting those two points, they amount to a perquisite, something I've paid for. They aren't a gift.

I can understand glitches cropping up in the big changes to the marketplace that are happening, most of which are fantastic. But I don't appreciate being kept in the dark for more than a week now about the Prime member Rewards points mis-calculation. As I said. it's troubling to not know where things stand with it.

Am I going to be notified when the fix kicks in ? I don't know...

taoz ( ) posted Fri, 03 March 2023 at 5:08 AM

Now I'm getting only 5 points per $ too:

$8.74 / 44 p

got 7 points on my previous two orders, as mentioned in my first post. 

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 8:55 PM

is there any update to this issue, or an ETA as to when it may be addressed?

thanks!! :)

Lossow ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2023 at 11:55 AM

I've had the same issue on both the orders I've placed in March.

ebasham ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2023 at 10:10 PM
Site Admin

Hi, developer here. I just wanted to mention here that we have determined that there was an issue with rewards allocation for paypal purchases. This should be fixed going forward.

taoz ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2023 at 3:34 AM · edited Fri, 10 March 2023 at 3:35 AM

I use PayPal only, and I have:

3 orders between Jan 21-26 which all have the correct 7p/$ Prime rewards
1 order from Feb 3 which only have standard 5p/$ rewards
1 order from Mar 10 which have the correct 7p/$ rewards. 

Lossow ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 9:12 AM

Just placed another order paid for with paypal and got the prime reward points so it might be fixed now, though my previous 2 orders (1st & 5th March, totalling $145.75) only got the non-prime rate so I guess I've lost out on about 58 reward points.

efgnow ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2023 at 11:29 AM

ebasham posted at 10:10 PM Wed, 8 March 2023 - #4457973

Hi, developer here. I just wanted to mention here that we have determined that there was an issue with rewards allocation for paypal purchases. This should be fixed going forward.

Fixed, as in the miscalculation errors stop happening, AND the points we all got shorted get added to our Rewards points total ?

We did pay, as Prime Members, for those additional 2 points we didn't get because of this error.

jennblake ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 12:15 PM

Hello.

Now that the system has been corrected for orders going forward, I will be going through all complaints and checking orders and addressing those as soon as possible. It may take ma a bit to get to everyone,   but I am working on it. 😄

Please take a look at this thread on how those will be issued going forward HERE

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.