Mon, Sep 9, 5:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:35 pm)

Subject: Unleash Your Creativity with Poser 13's New Features and Tools

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 9:24 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

6thHYpON8L34k8B1mqIXAOw69QwXhkgaKUHJPlN9.png

On behalf of the Poser development team, testing team, support team, content team and all the staff at Bondware/Renderosity, we are pleased to announce the initial public release of Poser 13 for Windows.  As with Poser 12, we expect to release several minor updates to this version over time as meaningful new features are completed.

We believe this is actually the best Poser release in years.  To achieve this, we assembled a small team with many of the key players that helped create Poser over the years.  This team included Larry Weinberg, who created the first version of Poser in 1995.  We then added expertise in areas such as GPU rendering and Post FX.  Work started early in 2022 and has continued non-stop through today.

A key goal for this release has been to simplify content creation for Poser by supporting single-mesh figures that remain in memory and are not broken into smaller segments internally by the software (aka unimesh).  We are still working toward that goal  but, with this release, we are proud to announce the delivery of updated tools for content developers that greatly simplify common tasks such as the creation of conforming clothing for Poser figures.  This focus on tools that streamline content creation will be an on-going theme for Poser development going forward.

Your purchase of Poser helps cover our development cost, professional customer support and includes over 25 GB of curated content.  While you can purchase premium content for Poser on marketplaces such as PoserSoftware.com and Renderosity.com, it is not required and many customers use Poser with just the included, downloadable content.  As usual with each major version of Poser, we offer a 21-day free trial to ensure the software meets your needs before purchase.

We are happy to report that an exciting new figure is in the works for Poser 13 and will arrive soon with delivery accelerated by the new content creator tools.  Watch the PoserSoftware newsletter in coming weeks for related announcements.  

We expect the Mac version to follow the Windows release in a few weeks as a free update for Poser 13 license holders.  The Mac version represents a milestone for Poser as it will  include the SuperFly render engine with Metal GPU support for the first time and will run on M1/M2 processors using Rosetta emulation.

We hope you enjoy this new version of Poser as much as we enjoyed creating it.  We look forward to your feedback.  Please review the summary of new features below.

New Features in Poser 13

• Updated SuperFly render engine utilizing the latest open source Cycles engine.  GPU renders of complex scenes benchmark at under half the time required for the same scene on Poser 12.
  • New Post FX options for rendered images including: denoise, exposure, saturation, gamma, brightness, contrast, bloom, blur and pixelate.
  • Updated animation rendering system for better productivity rendering movie sequences.
  • GPU rendering on remote nodes with Queue Manager allows creation of a powerful render farm on your local network
  • New app launcher with Recent and Start Up scene templates
  • Updated Walk Designer and Talk Designer for better compatibility with all figure types and support of imported libraries.
  • Improved adaptive sampling for faster renders.
  • Improved Intel Open Image Denoise (OIDN) that uses AI to denoise SuperFly renders.
  • HDRI environment rendering for SuperFly.
  • Enhanced shadow catcher and included HDRI environments enable realistic 360-degree VR-like environments inside Poser
  • Improved morph and weight map copying system makes creating clothing easier.
  • Streamlined installer, less than a 1/4 the size of previous version.
  • Improved included content delivery using Poser's content library. One click installation of included and store assets.  Over 25 GB of updated and re-organized content from Poser versions over the years.
  • Mac version coming soon as included update with Metal GPU support and M1/M2 support through Rosetta.
  • New online help system works in your web browser with translation & bookmarks.
  • Downloadable PDF version of the manual for off-line reading

How to Download or Purchase

Poser 13 is available for download or purchase by individuals at www.posersoftware.com.  For resellers, educational institutions or companies requiring over 10 licenses, please use our Contact Us form to initiate a sales call or meeting.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 10:35 AM
Online Now!

MacPoser 13 ... ok, I can wait - but what version of Mac OS is required? Just hoping it will run on my Mac!

Richard60 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 10:38 AM

Poser Documentation (posersoftware.com)

Here is the documentation with system requirements.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 11:09 AM
A_Sunbeam posted at 10:35 AM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4459967

MacPoser 13 ... ok, I can wait - but what version of Mac OS is required? Just hoping it will run on my Mac!

We will share more info on this in the coming weeks as Poser 13 for Mac is still in development.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 12:05 PM

Is there an discounted upgrade from 11Pro? $250 is a little steep, and it seems any upgrade to 12 is gone now.

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

venincomix ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 12:21 PM

The upgrade to 13 isn't amazing, but EZskin3 isn't working again,lol.

…………………………………………………………

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "E:\poser13\Runtime\Python\EZSkin3-P12-V2\EZSkin3.py", line 40, in <module>

POSER_BUILD = int(poser.AppVersion().rsplit('.', 1)[1])

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

blackbonner ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 12:22 PM

Hi, just installed Poser 13 on my system and it runs smooth so far.
First renders of the factory scene came out fast as lightning on my Nvidia GTX 1650, so everyone with a newer GPU should get much faster renders even in higher settings.
I will run some tests with older scenes and check all the new features listed in the first post here.

Congratulation to the release of Poser 13 to all the people who were involved.
Well done!

Hydra ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 12:31 PM

Just installed  it and it is impressive.  Wow.  Thanks guys!  Can't wait for the new content.

Hydra

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:11 PM

venincomix posted at 12:21 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460000

…………………………………………………………

File "E:\poser13\Runtime\Python\EZSkin3-P12-V2\EZSkin3.py", line 40, in <module>

P13 comes as version '13.0.' (a single "." at the end, not a number).

Maybe insert a simple 0, because this is what should be there. So change this line starting with POSER_BUILD to this:

POSER_BUILD = 0 # int(poser.AppVersion().rsplit('.', 1)[1])

(just add "0 # " after "=").

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:43 PM

P13 runs fine with Linux/WINE using "Bottles", installed as "Game" (for all the graphics stuff I assume).

https://usebottles.com/

Tested on an older DEL Optiplex 7040 with 4 x I5-6500T and Intel HD Graphics 530.
Tested on HP Pavillion x360 Convertible with I5-102120U (4 CPUs, 8 Threads) and Mesa Intel UHD Graphics.
Tested on self assembled work station with AMD 8 Cores, 16 Threads and AMD Radeon Graphics card.

All tests with Ubuntu 22.10 and Gnome-Desktop/WINE/Bottles, "plug n play" on all tested computers.

Even the oldest and cheapest machine (DEL Optiplex 7040) rendered faster than P11 on my workstation. High quality render with 1200 x 800 pixels in 280 seconds (CPU!).

Good work, so far. But beyond the rendering, I couldn't find anything interesting or special. The preview has improved, but it is still far from being comparable to Eevee.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:52 PM
adp001 posted at 1:11 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460010

venincomix posted at 12:21 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460000

…………………………………………………………

P13 comes as version '13.0.' (a single "." at the end, not a number).

Maybe insert a simple 0, because this is what should be there. So change this line starting with POSER_BUILD to this:

POSER_BUILD = 0 # int(poser.AppVersion().rsplit('.', 1)[1])

(just add "0 # " after "=").

Where?? Sorry, I need small words and lots of steps... :)

blackbonner ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:11 PM

@adp001 Interesting!

Did you run the tests on CPU or recognized Poser the GPU as well?
This was one thing I could not get to work. The Cuda support under Wine is nightmare fuel in my opinion.
The other issue was the file picker that looks like Windows 95 without thumpnail support. This makes choosing a texture from a library of hundreds of files almost impossible.
Do you have a solution for this problems? If so, please let me know.

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:11 PM

Regarding EZSkin (for all who don't want to change the script on their own):

Download the following script (one-liner) and run it with Poser. It will change the information delivered from AppVersion() into something useable. It works for the current session only. After closing Poser you have to run the script again.

https://adp.spdns.org/FixEZSkin.py

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:25 PM

blackbonner posted at 2:11 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460031

@adp001 Interesting!

Did you run the tests on CPU or recognized Poser the GPU as well?

CPU only. The built-in GPUs on both Intel machines are not suitable for rendering.
I tested the AMD machine with CPU too (older Radeons are not well supported).

This was one thing I could not get to work. The Cuda support under Wine is nightmare fuel in my opinion.

CUDA is supported by WiNE. Try bottles.

The other issue was the file picker that looks like Windows 95 without thumpnail support. This makes choosing a texture from a library of hundreds of files almost impossible.
Do you have a solution for this problems? If so, please let me know.

Yes, that's a problem :)
I have my files organized in subfolders. So this is not a big problem for me. And definitely not a show stopper :)

adosity ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:38 PM

I'm liking the easy way the Environment Preview and Background HDRI settings work. Not yet sure how to rotate the background itself, but the results so far are quick, easy and produce good results. The Post FX bloom effect is nice, if somewhat tricky to control (as of the first attempts, that is). I've mainly tested it with HDRI backgrounds, and expect it'll probably work a bit better with in-scene lights.

Quite a few Cycles nodes seem to be missing still, which is unfortunate as it makes creating new Materials off of Blender examples harder (I know some people find it easier to work around these, but it'd be simpler if that wasn't necessary). On a positive note though, it's good to see a (limited, but still) set of Superfly materials included. A good step that'll hopefully be expanded upon. Maybe even contact the creators to include some of the commercially available sets.

Haven't made any attempt to compare render times, but OptiX worked flawlessly and quick so that's a good start. It had been a bit unreliable with some combinations of Poser 12 and Nvidia's drivers, but so far it seems fine.

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:40 PM

Had to quote myself:

adp001 posted at 2:11 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460034

Download the following script (one-liner) and run it with Poser. It will change the information delivered from AppVersion() into something useable. It works for the current session only. After closing Poser you have to run the script again.

You may download and save the script into the folder with the other scripts Poser delivers (..\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu).
Then you can select this script from Poser Scripts menu.

or

Run the script directly from Posers menu: File -> Run Python Script...

blackbonner ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:42 PM

@adp001 Thanks, I will test it on my Manjaro Partition. Would be great if it works properly, because I'm searching for an alternative to Win 10 on the long run.
My CPU handles every task very well and my GPU is working fine, but I have no TPM, the CPU is 12 yeas old and will not be supported by Win 11 or 12.
I don't like the idea to throw away good hardware for no other reason than Microsoft tells me so. Let alone the impact on the enviroment and the amount of waste this silly decision causes.
My last test on Poser 12 a couple of weeks ago does not go well.
The Program get stuck after a few renders and did not start after I tryed to render in firefly.
Thats odd, because Poser Pro 2014 runs perfectly fine out of the box and renders in firely without any problems.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:58 PM
adp001 posted at 1:43 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460019

P13 runs fine with Linux/WINE using "Bottles", installed as "Game" (for all the graphics stuff I assume).

https://usebottles.com/

Good news.

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

blackbonner ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 3:05 PM

I may have found a bug. The OIDN causes a black image as the render result. If I save the image, the original is fine, but the other one is completely black. 

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 3:11 PM

What is OIDN?

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 3:17 PM

Intel Denoiser (part of PostFX)

Relayed to dev team

blackbonner ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 3:19 PM

@Rhia474

The OIDN is the denoiser.

blackbonner ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 3:30 PM

@DCArt thanks.

This never happened in Poser 12, not that I used this feature very often. I'm very impressed by the preview window, it seems to be much more responsive. I however noticed that the automatic refresh button is missing.

tim ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 3:43 PM
Site Admin

@adp001 thanks for report on version number issue.  This has been fixed & new installer posted to website.

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 3:50 PM

blackbonner posted at 3:05 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460066

I may have found a bug. The OIDN causes a black image as the render result. If I save the image, the original is fine, but the other one is completely black. 

Denoiser works fine here.

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 3:56 PM
tim posted at 3:43 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460082

@adp001 thanks for report on version number issue.  This has been fixed & new installer posted to website.

That was quick! Thanks :)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 4:11 PM
Hydra posted at 12:31 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460002

Just installed  it and it is impressive.  Wow.  Thanks guys!  Can't wait for the new content.

Check the Purchases tab, all the content that goes with Poser 13 is there.  When you installed Poser 13 and selected the location of the Runtime directory location that's where all that will land.  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 4:31 PM
CHMedia posted at 11:09 AM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4459975
A_Sunbeam posted at 10:35 AM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4459967

We will share more info on this in the coming weeks as Poser 13 for Mac is still in development.
I have to tell you, even though, i'm not currently on a Mac, that the way Poser was developed equally with regards to Mac and Windows, was the clincher for me buying my first version of Poser all those years ago. I hope you guys can get this development difference fixed.

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 5:02 PM

Can someone please test if the morph brush works? It doesn't seem to do anything for me. P11/P12 on the same model (PZ3) works fine.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 5:16 PM
blackbonner posted at 3:30 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460076

I'm very impressed by the preview window, it seems to be much more responsive. I however noticed that the automatic refresh button is missing.

If I remember correctly, they removed the auto refresh because it was very volatile and extremely prone to crashes.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 5:44 PM

Morphbrush works perfect. Just a little problem on my side because I tried to work via RDP  :)

cantonesejim ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 7:33 PM

Thanks for all the early info guys. looks good for an early release so far. Definitely adding the upgrade to my things to save for soon list.

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 1:39 AM

I purchased yesterday Poser 13 to support Poser. But it keeps crashing. Each time I want to apply a new material from my Poser 12 Library, it closes. 

The new HDRI improvement, honestly, I am not impressed. The background is still annoying as hell. 

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

lsauvage ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 4:28 AM · edited Fri, 31 March 2023 at 4:29 AM

Hi, i purchased poser 13 too.I experimented some crashes at the beggining, may be optiX i dont understand what was'nt really loaded in my gpu. Now it seems to be ok.

For now i'm juste playing with the queue rendered. I must admit the render queue beeing able to use multiple gpu on multiple PC's is a big plus.

I enjoy the startup window that allow me to switch from in progress projects.

A little small thing : why not auto apply 1.4 Ui scale automatically on 4K screens?: it puts an advice it in the log, and keep 1.0 the the ui is messy, needs the user to type 1.4 in prefs on a screen almost unreadable, then restart... not very premium experience that can be so easily fixed !

blackbonner ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 12:11 PM

Just in case someone want to know what's the deal with the problem I mentione about the denoiser feature, I thing I have figured it out.
For some strange reason the default values on Exposure and Saturation is set to -1 and what ever I do, the setting always jumps back to this numbers.
I had to chose "Save to Recend Renders" or "Save To Scene Settings" to get rid of the black image after the post processing.
The handling is quite differend in comparison to Poser 12, in which I just enabled the PostFX and the magic happend.
But since I figured out how it work's, it does a beautiful job. Now we can actually speak of enhancing the raw image inside Poser.
I like it so far.
BTW, no crashes since installing it. I'm running version 13.0.287 right now. 

jarek2001 ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 12:54 PM
Online Now!

blackbonner posted at 12:11 PM Fri, 31 March 2023 - #4460203

Just in case someone want to know what's the deal with the problem I mentione about the denoiser feature, I thing I have figured it out.
For some strange reason the default values on Exposure and Saturation is set to -1 and what ever I do, the setting always jumps back to this numbers.
I had to chose "Save to Recend Renders" or "Save To Scene Settings" to get rid of the black image after the post processing.
The handling is quite differend in comparison to Poser 12, in which I just enabled the PostFX and the magic happend.
But since I figured out how it work's, it does a beautiful job. Now we can actually speak of enhancing the raw image inside Poser.
I like it so far.
BTW, no crashes since installing it. I'm running version 13.0.287 right now. 

Same impression,  but see:

post-rendering-effects-dials

blackbonner ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 1:26 PM

Just a little update in regards on Poser 13, after testing it for some time, I jumped on board and purchased Poser 13.
Currendly the download of the content is running, I'm curious what's actual new.

Richard60 ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2023 at 5:47 PM

The files that start P13 have new materials setup to be SuperFly ready. They are also reorganized into a more logical manner so you can for the most part see something in figures and find its companions in the same location in the rest of the categories.  They have added a couple of more scenes and props that were not there before.  I haven't done a complete check since i only just got most of the P13 content.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2023 at 11:59 AM

There's so many new things and enhancements that wow... I'm baffled, for example, by the new Cycles.
I've setup my default scene with what I want and "OptiX Timed 10 Seconds" setting: 10 seconds to have a rather good draft render to know what it will look like.

My warmest thanks ❤

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

PandaB5 ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2023 at 12:59 AM
Joe@HFG posted at 12:05 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4459996

Is there an discounted upgrade from 11Pro? $250 is a little steep, and it seems any upgrade to 12 is gone now.

I also want to know if there will be a discount to upgrade from Poser 11 to 13. 

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

WILL_I_AM ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2023 at 1:18 PM
adp001 posted at 2:40 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460055

Had to quote myself:

You may download and save the script into the folder with the other scripts Poser delivers (..\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu).

or

So we are still in the situation that we require a third party fix to make a second party fix to the short comings of Poser actually work.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2023 at 1:56 PM
Online Now!
WILL_I_AM posted at 1:18 PM Sun, 2 April 2023 - #4460521
adp001 posted at 2:40 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460055

Had to quote myself:

or

So we are still in the situation that we require a third party fix to make a second party fix to the short comings of Poser actually work.
Not sure there is an easy answer to that for example I use Dawn SE and Poser includes new skin textures for Dawn SE based on cycles so there would be no need to use EZskin in my case, assuming I wanted to go down that route.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

blackbonner ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 6:00 AM

Some of you might know that I have trued to get Poser to work on Linux. One of the postings in this thread mentioned that Poser 13 is running on Linux Ubuntu in Bottles out of the box with game settings. I tried to recreate this in Manjaro KDE and it worked in a way. I had some error messages concerning the CFT script and issues with the viewport. The whole experience is not very satisfying and honestly not worth my time and afford.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 6:54 AM · edited Mon, 03 April 2023 at 6:57 AM

Ideally, EZ Skin should be updated to provide options that use the Physical Surface root node or the Cycles root node and Principled BSDF node for SuperFly, instead of using the PoserSurface node. The two newer nodes are made to work with Cycles, and having all three root nodes vailable for a user to choose from would be a huge plus.

Ken1171's store also has a python script for SSS skin in his store.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 6:59 AM
DCArt posted at 6:54 AM Mon, 3 April 2023 - #4460599
Ideally, EZ Skin should be updated to provide options that use the Physical Surface root node or the Cycles root node and Principled BSDF node for SuperFly, instead of using the PoserSurface node. The two newer nodes are made to work with Cycles, and having all three root nodes vailable for a user to choose from would be a huge plus.
What's happening is to make *older textures to work* you use EZSkin for humans and one other plugin to work for older other textures. Textures made for Poser 13 work just fine in Poser 13, albeit, as DCArt says, the third party plugin can be updated as it is now released by its author. Even textures made for Poser 12 work fine in Poser 13. Poser 13 was fixed immediately when an user brought that issue with the *third party plugin*to their attention. And didn't the other program rely on plugins that you paid for to use some features as well, or am I mistaken?

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 7:11 AM · edited Mon, 03 April 2023 at 7:14 AM

Any character that uses color, bump, and spec maps (typically Poser 9 characters and up), or color, normal, and roughness maps (for newer textures that are created with software that makes PBR metal-rough) textures will probably not need EZ skin at all, to be honest. They can be updated using similar setup to the P13 SSS shaders updated with Poser 13. The older textures that only have a color map would benefit from a SSS plugin that would achieve bump and shine through nodes vs textures.

Older 3Delight shaders need updating to look their best in iRay, same is true of older FireFly shaders needing updating to SuperFly.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2023 at 2:47 PM

It has come down to the point that future Poser versions will drop the PoserSurface node for the PhysicalSurface node.  The PhysicalSurface node will render in both Firefly and Superfly and is a cleaner, more efficiently consolidated node to work with.  It is still a little quirky but if you set it up correctly, you will have a better-looking Material Room.

blackbonner ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 7:10 AM

When it comes to the material room, one thing bothers me since the implementation of cycle's into Poser. We do have a layer system, right? Why we don't use this system to keep the Firefly and Superfly materials separate? If I want to build a shader I quickly get confused by the amount of little boxes and their connection's. I often end up changing values or connections on the wrong shader tree wondering why the render doesn't change as expected. If the layer system doesn't work according to my idea, maybe a different color scheme for the shaders would be possible. 

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2023 at 6:57 AM · edited Wed, 05 April 2023 at 6:58 AM

Something I have just remarked: when changing a morph: there's no need to alt-click to reset it, just click on the right place: the green button

SEaQXotQrONdoCiRAEKaHbqKKPrgMLFdLH6ZzZBX.png

What a cool feature 
Note to myself, for next year maybe: RTFM RXYLFfCDz6cj2lC2u34UXZHJaXDxv8jw1EV9sVxW.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2023 at 7:17 AM
Y-Phil posted at 6:57 AM Wed, 5 April 2023 - #4460837

Something I have just remarked: when changing a morph: there's no need to alt-click to reset it, just click on the right place: the green button

SEaQXotQrONdoCiRAEKaHbqKKPrgMLFdLH6ZzZBX.png

What a cool feature 
Note to myself, for next year maybe: RTFM RXYLFfCDz6cj2lC2u34UXZHJaXDxv8jw1EV9sVxW.gif

If you play with the dials long enough, you will notice that when you go beyond a limit, a red box appears.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2023 at 7:18 AM
blackbonner posted at 7:10 AM Tue, 4 April 2023 - #4460700

When it comes to the material room, one thing bothers me since the implementation of cycle's into Poser. We do have a layer system, right? Why we don't use this system to keep the Firefly and Superfly materials separate? If I want to build a shader I quickly get confused by the amount of little boxes and their connection's. I often end up changing values or connections on the wrong shader tree wondering why the render doesn't change as expected. If the layer system doesn't work according to my idea, maybe a different color scheme for the shaders would be possible. 

That was my thought but I haven't devoted time to test it yet.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.