Sat, Sep 28, 12:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:35 am)

Subject: Dax IRAY ok for poser?

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2023 at 6:26 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

If ad says Dax iray studio does that mean NOT for poser? 

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2023 at 7:32 AM
Online Now!

Correct. Entirely different shader system and 99 percent of the time base model.

EVargas ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2023 at 8:24 AM · edited Fri, 23 June 2023 at 8:26 AM

As Rhia said, there's no direct compatibility. But in case you really need/want the thing in Poser, it might worth some effort to convert. Easier if it is just a simple static prop using PBR material textures. If there is no procedural shaders used in Daz, only pbr image textures, you could (in theory) be able to manually recreate the materials in Poser mapping to the respective textures. The "PhysicalSurface" root shader node might be of help.

The geometry you can export from Daz Studio as OBJ.

EVargas.Art

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2023 at 8:54 AM
Online Now!

Yup, there are ways, but I always ask if it's worth the time and resources for a non power user. As you say, static props sometimes work. Manual recreation of textures especially for large multiple matzone models take a very long time and tweaking with finding the right lighting conditions etc.

Which is not to say it's impossible,  just... difficult and time consuming. 

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2023 at 11:41 AM

thanks for answers and I'm convinced to drop the subject now that i know!

drawn

Sunfire ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2023 at 11:47 AM

There are scripts in the marketplace to make such conversions a breeze and don't require having ds installed. 

Sunfire's Creations

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2023 at 12:10 PM

i rank as a newbie, Sunfire, and can't even pick out which converter to try. If I find one I really need, can I get you to do conversion for me, paying if that helpd...?

drawn

Sunfire ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2023 at 2:39 PM

If I don't have the product as well, it wouldn't be right for me to do so. I can point you to the script that can do it for you. It was meant for hair, but it also works on other things. Here's the link to the script. Unfortunately, it only works in Poser 12 and 13, due to the change in python versions between Poser 11 and 12. DUF Prop Converter for Poser 12 Poser Python Scripts Ken1171_Designs (renderosity.com) 

Sunfire's Creations

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2023 at 3:10 PM

Ok, thanks, I’ll see what I can do. In general I find I need lots of help making a graphic novel and maybe partnership in the deal would work. I have written the novel and need to put it in GN scenes. Would you be interested in that deal?

drawn, 

details on request 

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2023 at 12:47 PM · edited Sat, 24 June 2023 at 12:48 PM
Forum Coordinator

If it is specifically for this item, best check with Ken first whether he expects this will work. The DUF format is pretty hairy and not all options are covered. Conversion may be a breeze or a NOGO

NikKelly ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2023 at 4:14 AM

Consider exporting via FBX format ??

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.