Tue, Oct 1, 5:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: dForce to Poser cloth? (or other ideas)

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2023 at 9:56 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 3:08 PM

I've had some decent results licensing Poser conforming clothing into dynamic by importing the .obj .

can models intended for dForce be exported into mesh to then be manipulated in the Poser cloth room?

In other words, can .duf be saved or transmuted into .obj?

What about all the Genesis clothing?

And is it permitted to do so, to be used in renders (not for selling the mesh!)

::::: Opera :::::

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2023 at 10:24 PM
Site Admin

I can't say every D-force model will work as dynamic, but at least some can. When I did it, I just exported from Daz as an obj and imported it into Poser. It worked well.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2023 at 10:48 PM

RedPhantom, do they offer a free or modest cost version of Daz I could run just to do that?

I guess you would only get the mesh, no materials.

::::: Opera :::::

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2023 at 11:45 PM

DAZStudio is at no cost, it's free.  You can include material textures depending on how you set up the obj export.  However, you must complete the Material Room process of connecting everything to the appropriate nodes.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2023 at 12:05 AM

There's also a couple of converters that will convert .duf to obj, if some reason you can't or don't want to install DAZ Studio.

The main issue i've run into is that DS allows layered garments. A dress with an attached petticoat, say. With Poser, they have to be two separate objects to work right. Though the sim will usually still run, there will be pokethrough.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.