Wed, Sep 4, 12:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Is there any way to split a morph from within Poser (head - body)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 10:48 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

If there is can you please instruct me how to go about doing that?  Or perhaps there is a script?  I'm working in Poser 13.  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 1:17 PM

Are you using P13 or P11?  I ask because you are referencing P13 in the P11 Forum.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 3:04 PM

P13 as stated above.  I see this as a technical forum more than a Poser 11 forum so if it belongs over in the P13 forum maybe a mod can move it over there.  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 6:02 PM · edited Sun, 20 August 2023 at 6:07 PM
Forum Moderator

Right ...

... There

Be careful deleting a split morph. There's a bug if you delete a morph that's been split Poser may crash. That bug was in there for a long time. Should be fixed in 13.1. Just save the scene and reload to be safe.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 8:21 PM

Oh I know about that Charles but I wanted to split the morph between the head and body of a figure.  The split morph function doesn't have any pop that tells it where to split the morph (now that would be a cool addition to this handy script)  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 9:57 PM

Wouldn't saving the head/body as separate morph poses back to the Library work for you?  That feature allows body part subsets to be selected; I would think morphs are also included in the save.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2023 at 9:10 AM

Oh, I didn't know that.  Can you give me a little more info on how to go about doing that?  Like a visual?  Thanks hborre  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2023 at 10:38 AM · edited Mon, 21 August 2023 at 10:38 AM

Sure.  I'm using La Femme with modified facial features as an example.  This is what I created moving the facial chips around.

UBGXe1e8UIosiJCD7LMFe14J0PRzDsdpG2Jv9YGQ.png

Make sure you're in the Pose tab of the Library.  Select or create a folder you would like to save the morph.  Click on the '+' icon at the bottom of the Library.  

Give the morph a name on the next panel, and press the Select Subset button.

p2AQuMQOdKmezUv9ijCX7uqUU6oQemHJB1VRwTkn.png

Deselect all the objects in the window and select all the body parts you want to transfer to the morph.  In this example, I selected all the head parts.  

By4eqpqJtJfy0Ob0QhHaKZVE4bLuLDdRtOYmVxUn.png

Continue by clicking the 'OK' button until you get to this panel:

WZhBBReKs93rh3Vfyl7UpvhnDjqHV9cGEseh2MWe.png

By default, the 'Scales' selection is checked; select 'Morph Channels' and 'Body transformation'.  Continue by pressing 'OK' and in the next panel save as a single frame.

tEPg3eptq2SdqyKoz9d61oxOv2zddIXc0nNfjS5W.png

In the Library, you should get a new Pose Icon.  Zero your figure and apply the new morph you created from the Library.  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2023 at 10:51 AM

So cool.  Thanks SO SO MUCH!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2023 at 11:03 AM

Another question while I got you here.  How do I add or remove unwanted surfaces for an object using the Grouping tool?  After my boots were auto rigged and I chose to have them Auto Grouped I now have WAY to many groups and I know many of them are empty.  I don't like messy objs. 

There is a side question.  Is there a way to auto select a portion of a the heel?  I somehow messed myself up by combining the sole and heel in my UV program but somehow the heel moved backwards at some point and I'm now just seeing it and now there is this really odd "step" and I know of NO WAY using the Morphing tool so I was hoping to split the heel and the sole back out so I could then using the Morphing tool to just move the heel back into position! 

dTzEJc1NvKQdw18bqoeCHJymyt1kaR14txwuCXrU.png

If I knew that if I fixed the obj in another program and could REPLACE the one from within Poser I'd go that route but not sure about that and I already have some really nice morphs made for the boot that I don't want to loose or have to do over again 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2023 at 12:26 PM

I've used the Grouping Tool to generate Material Zones, however, you need to make those selections manually.  Established object parts will show up as distinct zones automatically.  But with the problem you're having, you may need to take the mesh back into an editor for proper correction.  That is out of my realm of expertise, ATM.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2023 at 3:32 PM

OK, thanks so much!  :-) 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.