Sat, Aug 3, 8:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 8:13 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: You need to say AI art's no longer allowed on the "Upload Art" page itself

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 8:46 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 7:25 AM
Online Now!

Not everybody who uploads pictures looks at the forums, and several people are still uploading AI art to the gallery because they're genuinely not aware that it's been banned.

People have spotted that the "AI Generated" gallery has gone but have just put it down to the usual... well... you know.

Most AI images that are still being posted are going to the "Other Apps" or "Multimedia" galleries.

The most logical place to put a statement that AI art is no longer allowed, if you want people who upload AI art to actually see it, is here https://www.renderosity.com/gallery/upload :

8cBPPy15jqH1PPUQvQOl1aBZWXbZw4mkepNbt0Vs.JPG

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 8:47 AM
Online Now!

(Maybe move this to the "Suggestion Box"?)

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 8:50 AM · edited Tue, 12 September 2023 at 8:53 AM
Online Now!

You could even add an extra tickbox at the bottom that says something like:

"I certify that this work of art does not contain any AI generated stuff"

;o)

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 10:50 AM
3dcheapskate posted at 8:50 AM Tue, 12 September 2023 - #4474471

;o)

I think that's too restrictive, especially for individuals who use AI as part of their workflow to supplement or enhance an image.  Clearly, are you implying that I can't post images with AI-generated textures as part of my renders?  You need to rethink that statement.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 11:36 AM
Site Admin
hborre posted at 10:50 AM Tue, 12 September 2023 - #4474478
3dcheapskate posted at 8:50 AM Tue, 12 September 2023 - #4474471

;o)

I think that's too restrictive, especially for individuals who use AI as part of their workflow to supplement or enhance an image.  Clearly, are you implying that I can't post images with AI-generated textures as part of my renders?  You need to rethink that statement.
But AI isn't allowed anymore.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 12:04 PM

I'm sorry, the AI term is too broad.  I understand the restriction against AI "Art" and agree with it.  However, if you incorporate AI to clean up your images or photographs, that isn't allowed either.  That is the reason I think the ban is too restrictive.  I am not trying to subvert the decision made by Bondware, but AI is becoming a serious work tool to aid in correcting and enhancing images quickly without spending hours fiddling around with Photoshop or other 3rd party software.  I feel that there is a legitimate aspect to AI that can help workflow as opposed to generating prompt-based "art" work.

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 1:49 PM

Not to mention some of us like to throw our own original art and photographs into things like Stable Diffusion and play around with remixes. Or use AI to put outfits, etc. that don't exist as 3d models and therefore can't be purchased no matter how much we might want to on our Vickys and other figures. Is that still allowed or not under these new rules? Not sure so I gotta ask a mod for clarification. But if it is, a "certified AI-Free" ticky box is probably not the best solution.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 2:01 PM

Eh, I feel a lot of people will go back to other platforms. I am considering it, the flooding is just not worth it here.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2023 at 3:15 PM

Rhia474 posted at 2:01 PM Tue, 12 September 2023 - #4474492

Eh, I feel a lot of people will go back to other platforms. I am considering it, the flooding is just not worth it here.

I love people with enough sense to think for themselves and not let others sway their opinion.

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 6:25 AM · edited Wed, 13 September 2023 at 6:25 AM

I honestly don't understand some people's opposition towards AI, if it can enhance one's work or even create something from scratch, or simply be done for fun, why is that a problem?

0L1zdE4WdlhSgprkcx17zwh7dQzQiOy8CIeflBdp.png

So the image on the left is perfectly fine, because I took a preview render of it, but using it together with AI to create the image on the right, it somehow becomes wrong? I don't get the logic behind that. Is the main argument that it is wrong because whatever the AI used was stolen? 

We all get inspiration from others, when someone uses a pair of pants for their character, the vendor didn't invent these from scratch or had no references that inspired them. 

I have already sent a mail to the Renderosity staff about why I think they are making a huge mistake trying to ban AI, it is not going anywhere, as I mentioned in another post in the AI community, those people who created Stable diffusion have invested millions of dollars together with other partners in creating an AI 3d generative solution that will probably be here in a few years if things go as planned. Will people complaining about AI still argue that it is wrong as well? Whether an object is created by an AI or a person, I can't see should make a difference?

To think that Poser/Daz and the way they work now is going to survive, I think is wishful thinking at best. However pushing Renderosity/Poser to embrace AI and find ways for them to be used together might give them a chance to develop Poser in a direction that is viable for the future. 

Take the example above, this is using V4 which is a very old model, yet it can easily be used to create the image on the right. You don't need a trillion different characters and clothing to make what you want anymore. Content creators can't compete with AI, it is not simply a "Poser user issue", it affects all of us, but closing our eyes to what is going on, as if it is somehow going away, is simply not going to work. So why not, instead of being angry at AI, figure out how to get the most out of it in combination with Poser and share knowledge and ideas etc. instead?

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 12:21 PM

Agreed. I just threw a cat doodle I made in MS Paint, of all things, into my local install of Stable Diffusion and prompted using just a description of the subject matter. NO ARTIST'S NAMES INVOKED WHATSOEVER! Also, I drew from memory of all the cats I've ever seen in real life, no references unless one counts the furball on my couch, therefore no reason to claim the results SD gave me are "stolen art". But of the whole lot, only this would be allowed in the galleries. Perfectly legit AI usage no longer welcome in these parts.

piQ9Am7efrvdrGKAyfd19nQruwJe2kbcyEusLU4L.png

I will not be posting this brand new all original 100%-certified-purely-human-created-if-you-don't-count-that-it-was-drawn-on-a-computer-screen-not-paper artwork in my gallery, so no worries about "flooding". Too darned hard to sketch properly with a mouse, especially when one is blinder than most bats these days and all crippled up with arthritis as well. Oh well, it is what it is.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 1:08 PM

I reached my uploads for the day otherwise I would have uploaded photos of my cats in the Photography Pets category 🐈🐱😸😹😺😻😼😽😾😿🙀

always tomorrow

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 1:26 PM
CHMedia ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2023 at 3:26 PM

Here is a direct link to our gallery policies that is linked on the Upload Art page: https://www.renderosity.com/article/24126/gallery-policy

Please send me a sitemail with any further concerns I am happy to help and am taking note.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.