Wed, Jul 3, 10:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 03 5:39 am)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Request for A Poll

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2024 at 8:42 PM · edited Wed, 03 July 2024 at 4:33 PM

think i'll start this off this way...

if you are a user here and visit the galleries, then you might have mixed, or strong, feelings regarding the state of things...

this post is NOT a place to dump those feelings... so please find some restraint, so that maybe the request can be heard instead of drowned out by a bunch of noise surrounding the request...

what i would like to see is Renderosity send out a poll to active members asking for their opinions on how many images per day seems reasonable to post to the galleries...

yes yes, i'm aware that this issue keeps continually to come up, and keeps getting shut down, but please, hear me out, as it is rather simple, my thought-process on it...

i saw in another thread where a mod stated that the 8-images-a-day rule that is currently in place came from "user suggestions".  i know that i was never part of that conversation, and i would have liked to have been.

8 images a day probably seemed rather reasonable at the time, truth told, as prior to that, we were afforded 5 images an hour, or something to that effect, if i recall correctly. so yea, incredible improvement on that front.

however, that was almost a year ago, and things change.  all businesses do yearly reviews, reassessments, of how well their policies are functioning for said business.

also, i read in a thread where a mod said that we do not want discourage people from posting, and make anyone feel limited, by negativity. [i'm paraphrasing, but think it is an accurate interpretation]

that's fair play, as well...

currently, 8 images posted a day IS also discouraging people, making them feel limited by negativity...

surely some kind of compromise can be made.

surely a reassessment of a policy from last year can be made.

so why not a poll?

why not let folks feel as if they have a voice in a matter that seems to be of at least some importance to them?

Rendo used to have polls sent out once a year to take user temperatures; polls that covered a range of things [predominately marketing, mind you, but sometimes other issues as well, and i think it made folks feel more a part of things here, like, well, a community...

so that is my suggestion...

to the PTB, please pass this request up the chain to Tim...

thank you for your time & consideration on this matter...

i really would just like everyone to stop feeling so angry, fed up, discouraged, frustrated, etc.

happy users are happy consumers as well, come to think of it...

spdskool ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2024 at 10:49 AM
Online Now!

I'd vote on that. 

Giana ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2024 at 1:15 PM

thank you for your support on the idea, spdskool! much appreciated...

i do honestly think that re-evaluation of the current policy is necessary.

with more and more people leaving the galleries due to current policies, i think the issues there become even more apparent/noticeable, and due to that, it is only serving to perhaps further negative feelings... and then more leave, creating a vicious cycle, and a downward spiral in terms of the future...

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2024 at 1:39 PM

What gallery policies are we talking about? Have there been any changes since the "No purely AI images allowed and anything that has AI components as part of the workflow must have production notes when posting to be acceptable" rule went into effect? I do know there was a big problem with flooding that was attributed mainly to AI users but shouldn't that have gotten better now since those of us who use it along with other tools like Daz/Poser, cameras, paints, pencils, etc. are all doing our very best to keep within the new regs? Must admit, it's been awhile since I've posted anything -- my busiest time was leading up to Christmas -- but still it was just one render a day and not necessarily every day. So I may not be up to date with current issues and would very much like to be enlightened as to what's going on and what the new concerns are. Because when I do finally have something I consider good enough to want to post it to the gallery, I'd really rather not also accidentally commit an act of rule-breaking stupid. 

Thanks. :-)

Giana ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2024 at 2:08 PM

hey Byrdie :)

this post is addressing the number of images per day that can be posted to the galleries, and maybe getting a poll out to the community to find a happy consensus on that topic -

nothing to do with the use of AI :))

happy Saturday... hope this helps!

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2024 at 2:35 PM

Thanks. There's a total allowed of 8 images per day, yes? Are people complaining too many or too few? Personally I think that's a pretty good amount, then again I've always been of the opinion that no matter how many otherwise quite good renders I might make only the best gets a gallery spot. In other words, bring your A game. But that's just me, as they say ymmv. ;-)

Off now to work on some non-Rendo related stuff. Happy Caturday -- er, I mean Saturday, to you too. ;-)

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2024 at 7:21 PM · edited Sat, 17 February 2024 at 7:22 PM

>>>> surely some kind of compromise can be made.

It's not only the number of posts that are at issue, or whether or not there is AI in it. I actually enjoy a handful of the AI artists here.

HOWEVER, I'd also appreciate the ability to "unfollow"  gallery posts by users I don't want to follow.  You can "block" forum posts, I can't see how it would be much more difficult to "block" gallery posts, and the user doesn't have to know that their images aren't being viewed.  THAT seems to be the most equitable solution. Let viewers have the choice of what they do or don't want to view.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2024 at 10:45 PM

For years it was one post a day to the galleries unless you paid to do more. I don't remember what they called that anymore, Gallery Plus or something like that.

You can't please all the people all the time......

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2024 at 5:31 PM
Online Now!

I would LOVE to see a poll! I agree 100% with your assessment, Giana! 👍

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 3:19 AM · edited Tue, 26 March 2024 at 3:19 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

The yearly discussion thread for new suggestions/ideas/policies is posted in Community. I'm putting all the suggestions in this forum on the yearly report, but if there are other things you'd like to highlight so I don't miss them, that would be the place.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.