Wed, Oct 2, 8:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: I downloaded some free stuff goodies. where are they?

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2024 at 10:13 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 8:31 PM

I downloaded some freebies, including Red Phantom's AirPods, and now that I want to put them on my la femme, I can't find them in props. did I load them? can't see them. sorry, this is basic stuff but I'm a rank newbie, wet.

drawn

DarkAngel612 ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2024 at 10:21 PM

did you unzip the individual zips holding your goodies or did you just do the order and not go to your account to download each one?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2024 at 11:14 PM

Freebies do not appear in your account.  They can be downloaded directly from the webpage to where you designate as a download folder.  Each file will need to be opened with a compression program and the content installed into a Poser runtime.  If done properly, the content will appear in its designated category.  However, not all freebie files are organized in the proper hierarchy order for direct installation which presents a major problem when finding content in the Library.

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2024 at 1:28 AM

DarkAngel 12. I did about what you said last. I ordered a batch of items downloaded then have not yet followed up and unzipped and told them where to go! I have some work to do. Maybe they could be packaged in bubble wrap?

drawn

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2024 at 1:31 AM

However, not all freebie files are organized in the proper hierarchy order for direct installation which presents a major problem when finding content in the Library.

hborre, any suggestions welcome. I’ve read several times your mini-tutorial on organizing library and I’m going to ask some questions to clarify my thoughts on how to do mine!

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2024 at 9:28 AM

Visual inspection of the zipped content.  If the top folder in the hierarchy is entitled 'Runtime', you should be able to install the content from within Poser.  However, I am not familiar with MACs but I know that some time ago iOS did not allow folder merging, it replaced everything with the new content.  Please verify if this is no longer the case.

DarkAngel612 ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2024 at 11:20 AM

Depending on the age of the OS the Mac allows merging, however, the computer gods may not be friendly on the day you do it and will send them elsewhere. I manually open the zips > then go to the inside folders to runtime >  and go one folder at a time, putting the items within into the exact matching folder on the Poser folder where the runtime is located...or if you have an external runtime then again match the folders with the same one on the Poser program..

I forgot that grabbing items from the free section does not show up in your account, sorry about that.

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2024 at 1:25 PM · edited Fri, 22 March 2024 at 1:25 PM

I found them:

it shows them in the runtime/libraries/props/ear pods folder but.. V6jbqTiDZwSkQL1QfTs9JoIf9dHiFijtWtkv6N3d.png

...why don't they show up in my props folder?

mystery almost solved, Sherlock?

drawn

DarkAngel612 ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2024 at 2:04 PM · edited Fri, 22 March 2024 at 2:07 PM

well on my possessed mac, it tends to have a life of its own...iMac and it knows I am stuck with it. IF I leave poser open when installing the zips it tends to not show them until I restart it.

another thing is to compare what it says should be in there with the items...make sure it is .pp2 then take the one from the zip and plop it into that exact same folder...then see if that works

I forgot that to make sure you have LaFemme 2 also

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2024 at 2:14 PM

If Poser is open when you installed the content, you need to refresh the Library.  On the lower right-hand corner of the Library panel, there should be a circle containing 2 arrows.  Click on the circle to refresh the panel. 

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2024 at 2:16 PM
drawn posted at 1:25 PM Fri, 22 March 2024 - #4482749

I found them:

it shows them in the runtime/libraries/props/ear pods folder but.. V6jbqTiDZwSkQL1QfTs9JoIf9dHiFijtWtkv6N3d.png

...why don't they show up in my props folder?

mystery almost solved, Sherlock?

drawn

For some reason, this screencap does not look right.  Retake this screencap with a wider view and describe exactly how you installed the ear buds.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2024 at 3:38 PM · edited Sat, 23 March 2024 at 3:38 PM

is this big enuffyy9FQ9ta24NXon6H3LtGza0gpP32ICbyKPP4y122.png

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2024 at 4:36 PM

I see many unzipped folders on your drive.  Have you merged any content runtime folder with a Poser runtime folder linked to your Library?  Otherwise, you will need to link every content runtime to your Poser Library, which is something I would not recommend.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2024 at 9:44 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

As hborre said, you need to unzip these files. If they were downloaded from the freestuff here, and are relatively new, (by relatively new, I mean at least as far back as La femme came out) the testers check to make sure the runtime structure is correct. I asked one of the testers. This means you can use the install from zip option in Poser. To do this in Poser, go to file and click on install from zip archive

A window will pop up asking you what to install. Select the file you want to install and hit open

A new window will pop up asking you where to put the content.

You have 2 choices, a runtime or other. I recommend a runtime(that should be the default)

You also have the option for which runtime to use. The default is downloads. Let's use it for this time so we're all on the same page

hit install.

Now, in your library, go to which category you want, (figures, props etc) and open the downloads runtime

hit the refresh arrow for the item to show up.

It should now be installed.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2024 at 9:47 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

As a side note, I see you have some of Nemesis's backgrounds downloaded. Keep in mind these are 2D images and not Poser content. They can be used in Poser, but not installed the way I described above. It's a little more advanced so let's save that for another time so you don't get confused.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

drawn ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2024 at 3:52 PM

hborre wrote: "I see many unzipped folders on your drive.  Have you merged any content runtime folder with a Poser runtime folder linked to your Library?  Otherwise, you will need to link every content runtime to your Poser Library, which is something I would not recommend."

me:  JUST HOW do you see unzipped folders? I see no attached .zip anywhere? how do you know them? and how would I like the contact runtimes to Poser Library? and why do not think that's a good idea?

REd, I only understand what you're saying because I speak English, but otherwise it's mostly gab, gab, gab. I always tell Poser to install zipped files but I cannot correctly guide it to where to look (download folder) and cannot identify the files, and after it does (something?) I cannot see any results in Libraries...

thanks, guys.

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2024 at 6:49 PM

What does your Poser Library look like?  Include a screencap.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 8:36 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

https://www.renderosity.com/gallery/items/3156119/install-from-zip here's a video showing how to install your freebies.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 9:31 AM

A fine presentation.  Unfortunately, there are Freebie vendors that do not adhere to the Poser hierarchy conventions in their zipped files.  Instead of using runtime as a primary folder, they nest it within a content or title folder that confuses the Poser Zip Installer.  On many occasions, I have corrected the hierarchy structure to conform with Poser's standard setup.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 11:48 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

According to the testers, they are checking that for now and requiring proper file structure. Older things may still have a problem, but one step at a time.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 12:19 PM

That's good to know.  However, this is not a problem with older content, I have downloaded recent files that do not conform to the hierarchy structure.  Until this informational guideline is disseminated to everyone, it will continue to be a problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.