Sun, Oct 6, 8:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 2:10 pm)

Subject: So, whadda ya call this?

DocPhoton ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 2:08 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Does this pose, gesture, or whatever, have an "official" name?  And, no, it's not in the Hands Dial-up products. I looked. ;)

We've all seen it, done it (particularly if you have siblings), seems more or less universal, & most likely goes by a different name in each corner of the planet. There's probably already an apt Yiddish word already that I've never heard, but wondering if there's a general consensus.

I asked this on a Discord channel that's frequented predominantly by Europeans and surprisingly got zip other than one person who did an extensive Google search with similar results.

So, now it's become a bit of a challenge I suppose.

bpnwsr9oCDP7qHfhqWWLd1EbDIdWgz6s3TABwsza.jpg

GGreen ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 4:21 AM

Try this link - type this in google  finger poses meaning

prixat ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 5:12 AM

Bhuddism/Hinduism/Yoga has many hand positions used in meditation, called Mudras, each with it's own name.

This one looks a bit like Shuni Mudra.

regards
prixat

RFreise ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 5:49 AM

Looks like the hand position for thumping someone on the nose or the middle of the forehead

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 6:10 AM
Site Admin

The number 8 in sign language.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

DocPhoton ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

RFreise posted at 5:49 AM Thu, 30 May 2024 - #4485424

Looks like the hand position for thumping someone on the nose or the middle of the forehead

That's what I'm looking for but the other replies gives me some leads.

FirstBastion ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2024 at 11:06 PM · edited Thu, 13 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

That's called a "flick", The thumb holds back the finger until enough pressure builds up and then the middle finger releases,  and it stings the contact. I've seen it used to flick a bug off a shoulder or flick someone's ear,

Technically the pose is actually  "preparing to flick" but it is part of the finger flick action.

DocPhoton ( ) posted Fri, 14 June 2024 at 9:21 AM

A friend from New York City referred to is as: "The Booger Flick". But you'd think it'd have a more traditional or official term.

FirstBastion ( ) posted Fri, 14 June 2024 at 7:19 PM

Flick is the official term, if you google search finger flick, you will get that pose and action.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.