Mon, Sep 30, 7:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: V4 Morphs Overriding with Multiple Figures

cpunch ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2024 at 3:05 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 7:13 AM

Hi all,

First time here but long-time Poser user.

I was hoping for some troubleshooting help for an issue that is relatively new for me. This started happening with Poser 12 (after quite some time with no issue) and I upgraded to Poser 13 hoping that would solve the issue but no luck.

Here's what's happening: I have morphs added to a single V4 figure but when I import a second V4 figure with morphs, the head morphs for the first figure are reset to the default.

I'm including some images for clarification. Please note, it doesn't happen with all figures, but I'm noticing this problem more frequently lately. And this didn't happen before... just started up a few months back. 

The first first image for Figure 01 shows the head morphs as they should be.

When I import Figure 02 (second image) you can see the morphs for Figure 01 are reset to default.

The third image is Figure 02 alone with correct head morphs.

The final image shows what happens when I import Figure 01... the morphs for Figure 02 are now erased.

Any else have this problem?

Gd3KVARdnqaIsEn8g2qFslDOxPKIOI0S0qiXOhBx.png

ufrQXjUgcrWWD75kvZFFW4rDYSYrj0dowWw6gR6y.png

j1tvmbYlDNS9iRTk0vgy8wCYE0aZQfZAQXsGsgs3.png

V0wqZ4uUkfwd6oQtrbRK1wFcpvIXSoQtEjCLj38X.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2024 at 6:29 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

this might be something for support at https://support.posersoftware.com/

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2024 at 9:58 PM

It appears that crosstalk is occurring between the V4 models. Just to be clear, what do you mean by import? Are you talking about loading a saved figure from the Poser Library or importing it from a partial scene? The latter is a method I use to save a figure externally and then import it into an existing scene.

cpunch ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2024 at 8:16 AM
hborre posted at 9:58 PM Tue, 16 July 2024 - #4487427

It appears that crosstalk is occurring between the V4 models. Just to be clear, what do you mean by import? Are you talking about loading a saved figure from the Poser Library or importing it from a partial scene? The latter is a method I use to save a figure externally and then import it into an existing scene.

This is the first clue I've gotten regarding the potential issue... thank you! Oh, and I should have clarified more.

First off, the morph losses occur in the rendered images, not upon initial import into the poser file. (The images above are all rendered.)

Secondly, by 'import' I mean importing from another poser file into the current file using the top menu: File... Import... Poser Document/Prop. In this case, for example, the file for Figure 01 above is saved as trash01.pz3. Figure 02 is saved as trash02.pz3. With trash01.pz3 open in Poser, I'll import the trash02.pz3 file into it using this method.

Honestly, saving the figure into my Poser library is a concept new to me and I'm researching now. I've never done this befor and am wondering if this will be better.

Although I've been using Poser, I'm still not super tech savvy with it.

-CPunch

cpunch ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2024 at 8:32 AM

hborre posted at 9:58 PM Tue, 16 July 2024 - #4487427

Hborre, just as a follow-up, saving my figures into the library might have just solved my problem! I just did a test run and saved two of the figures I was having issue with and they rendered with the correct morphs. Thank you!

Out of curiosity, are there any cons with saving figures to the library? I'm about to saving all my figures there now.

-Cpunch

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2024 at 8:56 AM

No official guidelines exist for saving figures in the Poser Library. I occasionally save figures and have not encountered issues when reloading them into a scene. Keep doing what works for you and inform us if you encounter any further problems.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2024 at 9:48 AM

I do the saving figures thing all the time. I have over 80 of them now, morphed and custom worked materials. As long as you save them to the same Runtime where your base figure geometry is, you should be fine, in my experience. 

It is a lot safer and easier to work them this way than importing from a file.

cpunch ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2024 at 10:22 AM

Thanks for all the replies here! 

Seriously, saving figures to my library is the solution I didn't know I needed for work in general. That's what I still love about Poser... discovering tips that help cut down on time.

Still a couple of wonky issues (like clothes disappearing upon rendering) but nothing I can't work around. Sometimes, creating a whole new file does the trick.

Again, thanks all!

-CPunch

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.