Sun, Sep 15, 1:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 13 6:20 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: forum blMilMan_m4b

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 10:59 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 1:20 AM

Help!  Can't do  any thing!  Yesterday, I created a great (to me)  M4 character and happily turned off my Poser 11 program. Today, I tried to pull a  Michael 4 and/or Victoria character from the pose room or library and was asked to find blMilMan_m4b.  I found it, but didn't know what to do.  I'm dead in the water!

bdpoppa ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 2:44 PM

Find it using the search screen that comes up looking for it.  Then just highlight it and click on select in the bottom right corner.

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 2:52 PM · edited Tue, 20 August 2024 at 2:55 PM

Hi, Sue!

I'll see if I can help a bit. That blMilMan_m4b it's looking for is actually an .obj file for M4's actual body (blMilMan_m4b.obj).

I have Poser File Editor, and took a look at where that file it's looking for lives. The first line in that CR2 file is: figureResFile ":Runtime:Geometries:DAZPeople:blMilMan_m4b.obj" This line appears twice in the CR2 file.

The .obj file path is: DAZ PEOPLE / Runtime / Geometries DAZ People.

Sounds like you may have some file corruption going on, since you cannot get V4 to open either. I'm assuming you still have the original installation files. A fresh installation should restore those files. And be sure to back up everything if you can.

I hope this helps a bit. Let me know.. You might try bdpoppa's suggestion first - when the error notice pops up. If it works, no reinstall is needed.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2024 at 11:03 AM

Struggling, guys.  Thanks!

romangirl ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 1:44 PM

I don't know how this happened, or if I'll ever be able to fix it, but for now,

I'll have to say 

I'LL BE BACKKK!

romangirl ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 2:07 PM · edited Thu, 22 August 2024 at 2:08 PM

I don't know how this happened, or if I'll ever be able to fix it, but for now,

I'll have to say 

I'LL BE BACKKK!

By the way, I used to work with Poser 9. When FLASH disappeared, it took with it my library. Next, I got Poser 11, which I've been using ever sense. But now all my characters are gone in the Poser 11 library . Just now, I opened Poser 7, and was able to open characters from the library. But P7 is painfully slow, and lacks the features held by P11.

If I have to, I will have go back to P7. Once again, I'LL BE BACKKK!

Thanks again!

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2024 at 2:59 PM

Libraries typically do not vanish unless there is a complete software reinstallation, unintended runtime deletions, or hardware corruption, which may suggest a more serious issue. By searching the computer's hard drive, you might locate your missing content, allowing you to re-establish the connection of the runtime folders to the P11 Library.

romangirl ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2024 at 11:15 AM

Thanks!

romangirl ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2024 at 12:02 PM

I'm backkk!  I found my lost P7 library!  I have always used the P7 library even when working with P11.  I had this problem once before, but forgot.   I clicked on "add another library" and my characters returned.  Thanks all!  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.