Mon, Sep 30, 1:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: disappearing faces?

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2024 at 5:55 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 1:16 AM

uHHc9MIVOcwWi9pegPDAiUJaf5mrFhjzmPa6vt04.pngbF7uW3GGJz9IeKpIUv40YC22xU6QcthQEeRB8ZA8.png

both in preview and later in a render, important parts of the actors disappeared. I quit Poser and rebooted and started Poser and found the same problem. I changed the rendering components (cannot remember how many times) but then the problem appears to be "fixed"  Hmm?

drawn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2024 at 6:07 PM
Site Admin

Are they showing in the preview?

I'm assuming they aren't set as invisible.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2024 at 6:28 PM

What rendering components did you change?

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2024 at 7:16 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

First one is a preview. Second is a render that also showed same view in preview I did not set them as invisible 

hb I did not keep track of the slightly panicky settings I changed but the last that works fine is one I’ve used previously as were the ones that went bad. I don’t expect any solution this with limited info. If it ever happens again God forbid. I’ll keep better track. 🤠

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2024 at 8:33 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 8:33 PM
Site Admin

First, when you load the scene, did you get a message asking you to locate anything? It might be a problem with Poser not finding the geometry for the figures.

Otherwise, check the visibility for the items either by body part.

or by body

It's also possible that the scene was corrupted. If that's the case, since this isn't the first scene that got corrupted, you might want to have your hard drive checked. It might be failing. When my drive was failing, I had a lot of corrupted scenes.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2024 at 3:43 PM

What happened the scenes looked fine but when I started the scan I could see the missing bodies. No early message was receivei don’t think the disk is bad cause it’s only been used for five months. I suspect I corrupted the file with my dirty talk!

Drawn

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2024 at 4:01 PM

Don't fool yourself.  I had a drive failure on a new computer months after purchase.  Sectors went bad and data disappeared.  Find yourself a disk manager software and run an analysis on the drive.

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2024 at 5:17 PM

Ok good asvice

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2024 at 12:21 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 12:22 PM

The very best low-level analysis tool I've ever used was Spinrite. At the time, we were using it by booting on a floppy disk, but I suppose that it should be possible to put this on an USB stick. And it has received a major update recently, in order to handle correctly the most recent technology.
https://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm

More infos on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcoa43spYRk

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2024 at 1:34 PM

Unfortunately, the OP is on a MAC OS environment.  This software is useless to him.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2024 at 4:42 PM

Spinrite is not OS dependant, the only difficulty being in accessing the OS disk, even plugged in a standard PC. But sure enough, that won't be easy, if doable, with a Mac computer...

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2024 at 6:04 PM

I believe Apple has the appropriate utility so thanks folks!

drawn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.