Wed, Sep 18, 2:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 10:22 am)

Subject: Poser 13.3

CobraBlade ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2024 at 4:58 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:34 AM

Really excited to get my hands on this in the next couple of weeks, especially since it was thought to be the end of Poser 13 updates.
Fingers crossed that some of the bugs I reported are amount the many that will be fixed in this release.

Next Update to Poser 13.3 in Beta Testing

Some of you asked recently about the Poser 14 release date. While there is progress in this regard, there are not yet enough headline features to justify a major version release and meanwhile we have a backlog of completed bug fixes and smaller feature improvements.

This means there will be at least one more update to Poser 13.3 coming in the next couple of weeks with many bug fixes, small feature improvements and a few core code updates that are a necessary prior to a Poser 14 release.

It’s the perfect time to get Poser 13. Don't miss out - grab your discount today and unleash your creativity!
https://www.posersoftware.com/store/category/2/poser-software?aid=4

Poser scripts by Snarlygribbly

lsauvage ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2024 at 5:14 AM

Good, always a good idea to release frequently so we can benefit if we want of the work done !

jarek2001 ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2024 at 7:44 AM

Great news, thanks !

dt00swc ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2024 at 5:31 AM

Anyone know when this will be out? I've had a ticket open for a major bug for most of 2024.

I also just noticed in Poser 13 (Mac), if you click Help > Renderosity Community, it sends you to the Poser 11 forum. Not really a bug but hey it could maybe do with updating :)

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2024 at 8:08 AM
Site Admin

I put that in as a bug report.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

nerd ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2024 at 5:03 PM
Forum Moderator

@dt00swc the issue you're talking about, I presume is the problem with strand hair messing up the preview and making it super slow.

It turns out that it's a problem in the dynamic hair library we use. We're waiting on a the developer of that library to fix it. It's not going to be in the next service release. I wish I could say it was fixed.

There are other Mac-only issues in that library and we may end up having to migrate to a different dynamic hair library as we did with the Talk Designer. (Which is an open source library now)

Again sorry for not having a solution yet.

dt00swc ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2024 at 7:53 AM

Aha okay - well no problem, thanks Nerd3D for the response/update. It's good it's been identified as a legitimate bug, and narrowed down to the dynamic hair library, that gives me some hope of resolution.

And Redphantom - thanks for logging that one 👍

jarek2001 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2024 at 2:28 PM

Got it, thank you !

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.