Mon, Oct 21, 11:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: CR2 hack question on the eyes

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 7:28 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:34 PM

Hey there .. Anyone know how to knock back the eyes .001 in the CR2 on a more permanent basis than fixing it each time and after every pose?

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 7:54 PM

Simply lock the eyes? Maxx

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 8:18 PM

Don't think that would work because then you couldn't move them when you wanted to and all.

JKeller ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 8:50 PM

Have you tried using a morph to move the eyes back and then call the morph something weird that no pose will reference? Hope this helps.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 9:06 PM

Haven't tried that. It is a little too awkward to move it back that far with a magnet and all and I didn't think that moving it on the axis would qualify for a morph.

Grey_cat ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 9:08 PM

Like this: { version { number 4.01 } actor leftEye:1 { channels { translateX xtran { keys { static 0 k 0 0.00025 } } translateY ytran { keys { static 0 k 0 -0.0005 } } translateZ ztran { keys { static 0 k 0 0 } } } } actor rightEye:1 { channels { translateX xtran { keys { static 0 k 0 -0.00025 } } translateY ytran { keys { static 0 k 0 -0.0005 } } translateZ ztran { keys { static 0 k 0 0 } } } } }

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 9:12 PM

Thanks Grey Cat. I am no expert at hacking the bazillion lines of code and had no clue what I was looking for in this matter

Jaager ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 1:05 AM

Greg, it is not going to be as easy as that. POS pose files (the standard ones) have trans settings for every group. I don't know why. The only groups that need or should have these channels, as far as I can see, are hip and the eyes (and the toes for one character). For Body, they place the figure in a scene. The problem is, every pose will impart its own trans values, and one of the problems is - the dials are hidden in most groups. A face pose file will only affect head, unless it has been hacked to include eyes. I made a JNT pose that locks the limits at zero for all but the above listed groups and I am waiting to see if something blows up, or some group gets canted. For the eyes, the only practical way to retain a specific eye setting is to set the trans and then lock the limits at this value. This makes the eyes unable to change because of a pose. We are just now starting to use character faces with Mor donor pose or face files and including the eye values in the pose. Nan's Real Girrls do this. It just dawned on me, that just seting the trans with the pose or face file is not enough. The first position pose will undo it. The pose files that define a character face, will also need to have the two lines that lock these settings as the limits. A character face would retain its own eye trans settings - no matter the pose. And the ones that reset, will have to include default or some variability in limits also. You can use the file by Grey Catand it will position the eyes to whatever the key values are, but to keep them, the following would need to be inserted in every channel: Between { and keys forceLimits 4 min THE k VALUE max THE k VALUE This can be a sepaate pz2/fc2 file, or a part of whatever file defines the character in the first place.

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 4:16 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I think Traveler must have done a pack for the male and female eys, for P4 though, I don't know about the millenium figures. I have them in a folder called "malefemeyeballs" but with no read me. The morphs included for each eye for both figures are : Flatten, FrontBack, Scale, UpDown. I believe the FrontBack would take care of what you want to do. If it's a morph then chances are it would be unaffected by pose files. Do a search maybe you already downloaded them or write to Eric.

MaxxArcher ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 6:41 AM

Seems to me that this is a clear example of the fact that PZ2 files should not include facial expressions, just body poses. The FC2 files should be used for the expressions, odd though, that eyes arent included in FC2.... Maxx

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 7:26 AM

It's a little easier than all of that. Just have someone unhide the transalate Z for the eyes in your cr2 file. That's all the hacking you should require. Once that's done. Just un-check the Bend property for the eyes. Then use that dial to move the eyes back into the head. Then re-check the Bend properties. Once the eyes are where you want them. Go to Edit->Memorize-> figure. Then re-save the figure to your library. Poser will do all of the writting to the .cr2 for you. ScottA

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 8:03 AM

Argh .. think I m in over my head. Will try the stuff though. Thanks.

Jaager ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 9:18 AM

The trans for the eyes are visible. It was the ones for groups like neck that have non-zero settings sometimes, but no dials to do it with. Does Memorize means that when a pose tells eyes set at Xtrans -0.005 to have Xtrans 0.00, that the figure will ignore it? or that restore will set it right? If it is the latter, then there are a couple of clicks required. Locking the limits avoids this. Or does Memorize actually lock limits?

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 11:57 AM

I guess memorize doesn't lock body parts. And Poses will override the memorized item. :-( I was trying to help her so she didn't have to edit the .cr2 files. I know how intimidating that can be. Locking the eyes after they are moved does work. But the point was to get away from having to do that every time a new pose was added. Jkeller had a good idea.....But you don't need to use magnets to accomplish it. Just move each eye back .001 with the translate Z dial. Then export the geometry for each eye as a morph target. Is that easier? ScottA

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 12:00 PM

Hey! .. I ain't a her S But thanks .. Will try the morph but just didn't know if that would work. Guess I shoulda tried it Rolls my eyes

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 12:12 PM

Oops...sorry about that :-P

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 12:19 PM

NP ... I know it is just my full beard and all

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 1:26 PM

LOL. I think it was the macbeth that put that female impression into my subconscious. Plus the fact I'm on 3hrs. sleep. I've been making mistakes all day. ScottA

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 1:32 PM

Ahh .. The Beth part I am assuming ... Think strapping celtinc warrior ... Well Celtic warrior past his prime and out of shape ... With some saxon in him :) And gotcha .. 3 hours will kill ya

Jaager ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 2:02 PM

No, you are missing the point. For a figure to even require an adjustment to eye position requires that a face morph be added, in which case, it is a character and for a character, the eyes can be fixed at a position different from default perminantly and live in its own cr2. A pose file can be used to do this. The only hacking required is in the pose file, not the cr2. The other factor here is that I have taken over 100 of the character head morphs - some available as single morphs, and others (V2) available as face poses, which I can easily convert to a single morph using 'clone morph' in Poser, and converted each to a separate MOR donor face pose file. Some require that the eyes be adjusted. The eye trans settings can be easily pasted into the face pose file. I have not locked down many character cr2 files. I enjoy filpping thru characters using the same cr2 as a base. This thread made me realize that the limits must also be altered so that the min/max are the key settings for each of the trans changes, or any old body pose will undo the setting. The body poses have head and eye components - even if they are default. The trans values are there - even in the pz2 files that exclude morph keys. Rotation channels keys AND trans channels keys are both included by default. You could cut the trans channels out of every pose file, but you would have to be seriously compulsive to pull it off. It is easier to vaccinate each character and let the poses do what they will - with no effect on the character.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 2:10 PM

I am trying to do that by making the character NOT revert to the default each time someone else's pose is applied but I am not sure on exactly to do that. That is why I was thinking the CR2 hack would be a better option. Set it back permanently just a little and be set. I just want the easiest way to do it. Be it pose, face, cr2 or whatever S

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 3:17 PM

Here's more info to add to the confusion ;-) You can create a brand new figure with recessed eyes to apply all of your poses to. That way you won't need to use the standard figure at all anymore. 1.)open the standard figure. 2.)turn all IK off. 3.)select the hip. 4.)open the Joint editor and hit the zero figure button. 5.)double check the arms and legs that so all dials are set at 0. 6.)translate both eyes back .001. 7.)export the figure into the same folder as the base figure with a new name *Don't overwright the original .obj file. 8.)make a copy of the figures .cr2 and rename it to the same name as the new .obj you just exported. And Put it in any libraries folder you like. 9.)close Poser and delete any .rsr files in that geometries folder so you changes take effect. 10.)edit the pointers in the new .cr2 to point at your new .obj file 11.)open Poser->select your new figure from the library (shrugging guy) And re-save it to the library. You now should have an exact copy of the figure you started with. The only exception is the eyes will be set back permanently. And any pose you apply in the future will not cause them to move back out. The only thing that you'll need to edit in the new .cr2 file is the pointers to your new .obj file. But that's pretty easy. I have info on that listed in the PoserTechnical forum's FAQ. And should be self explanitory even for a novice. (I hope S). Just another way to go. There's so many ways to do the same thing with Poser. It's just a matter of what way you feel comfortable with. ScottA

Grey_cat ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 4:32 PM

Cool tip Scott. The thing is that difference characters are going to need difference eye offsets. Jaager is right, about the pose files. I have 20 MOR donor face pose file, and growing (I try to create a new one every night). I'm going to have to go back and add those lines to all of those pose files. John

rbtwhiz ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 4:48 PM

It's very simple...

Do this for both eyes. Dblclk the zTrans dial (for both eyes) and input the value of your choosing for both min and max limits. Save the cr2 to your library.

Open the cr2 in your favorite cr2 editor and set the "forceLimits" flag for "translateZ ztran" channel to "1" in actors "leftEye" and "rightEye". This will lock zTrans to the value you chose, regardless of what pose is applied and whether or not you have limits turned on (the "1" forces it, "4" is used to follow). This will also prevent the axis for x (up-down) and y (side-side) from being offset, like would happen with a morph or magnet... in addition to not consuming drive space with an additional mesh [eyes translated].

You really don't even need to do anything in Poser, you could just open the cr2 that you want as the base of your new figure [in an editor] and set the values there. All three are right next to each other.

-Rob
rbtwhiz.com

Grey_cat ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 8:09 PM

Rob; I and Jaager are using Pose files not character files. Pose files are much smaller, about 500k. Pose files only hold those parts of the character file you really need. If you want the tranlate to remain "0", do you set the min. and max. both at "0"

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 8:16 PM

Grey-cat ... It will be going with a CR2 file anyway ... Still tying to figure out what to do S so many options and so much confusion for me ...

ScottA ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 1:29 AM

Lol.. This thread is cool. It's taken on a life of it's own ;-) Interesting to see all the different ways people approach the same problem. ScottA

rbtwhiz ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 4:43 AM

While I agree that pz2 files are generally (significantly) smaller... their use should be determined by the project. Both, cr2 and pz2, approaches have nuances that, depending on which you'd rather, could/should factor into one's choice in resolving the 'problem'. For a figure like Glen has described, where the base figure will remain constant (with regard to the adjustment in question), the cr2 route would be the better one. With this approach, you'd load the figure from the library with the adjustment already applied... without the requirement of additional steps for selecting and applying a pose. The pz2 route would be more practical for something in the figure dev arena... like building a new figure, based on a similar hierarchy, by which you create new cr2, from scratch. To avoid from having to tediously go through each channel and set limit values in said new figure, you could create a 'pose' file that injected the min/max values... saving you a significant amount of time. Or, in this particular case, the pose would be better suited to reset the figure back to the original default settings. Of course, these are just my opinions on the practicality of it... but, to each their own; it's a case of the end justifying the means.

-Rob
rbtwhiz.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.