Fri, Sep 20, 10:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: "I dreamt I attended the codfish ball"... -->December Challenge Entry<-- :

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 12:58 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=122022&Start=1&Sectionid=3&WhatsNew=Yes

file_251996.jpg

Well, yes, I dreamt I was an orange fish and I attended the codfish ball... The Delphinio Trio was singing away while accompanied by the Bolonius Mink Saxophone Quartet, featuring Grumpy... The Flora Dora Starfish, Arista and Estrella, livened things up with their dance... And we all got party hats as part of the admission... Anemone and Oyster from Mitch site, top hat, bowtie, shades, tambourine, hi heels by KenS of Chemical Studios... The hardest part was dressing up all the characters... Try putting high heels on a starfish sometime.. Well, it's easier than putting a jacket on a cockroach.. But I disgress... Creating and putting on the party hats was another trip... I made the eyes and lips for the starfish... Also I created the Carmen Miranda hat using a hat by KenS and fruits and flowers by cindy at trillium36.com... Oh yeah, the lettering is by Elefont, which then has to be brought into 3d exploration and transmuted into 3ds, cause Vue won't accept the DXF format from Elefont...

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 12:59 AM

file_251998.jpg

Estrella, one of the Flora Dora Starfish...

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 1:00 AM

file_251999.jpg

Bolonius Mink, blowing away on his sax...

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 1:01 AM

file_252001.jpg

Renzio, lead singer from the Delphinio Trio...

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 1:03 AM

Check out the link for the large pic with better detail...

tesign ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 3:53 AM

Hey Tradivoro...KWEL! :) Love this kind of stuff! Great work! Bill Tesign

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 4:15 AM

LOL, these are great, what a pic....thank you for sharing this..Sharen

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 5:56 AM

This is AMAZING, Paul..totally creative, I love it!

jgmart ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 6:54 AM

WOW Paul, What an awesome pic! I can't stop looking at it! Really great. John

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 7:13 AM

Out of all the many elements of this I really like, I'd say the topper is the sunglasses on the seahorses. :)

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 8:20 AM

This is cute :) It must have taken you forever. I can almost hear the music.

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 8:43 AM

OMG..Paul words fail me! This is without a doubt...beyond compare!!! Way To go!!!!

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 8:58 AM

thank you folks for all the kind words... I'm glad that it entertains... Everytime I finish a picture like this, I tell myself "I really think I'm losing my mind"... :) But it definitely was a lot of work preparing all these little critters... :) Yeah Mike, I thought that the sunglasses would give them that jazz musician look... :) Also, forgot to mention, all the fish and party hats are alpha planes...

kruzr ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 11:35 AM

'Morning Tradivoro . . . 8^) This is truly an original creation for Vue. I like to see other types of images rendered in Vue, due to the wonderful final rendered image quality. When I originally purchased Vue 4, I did so because of the realistic scenery quality produced by Vue, but after experimenting with the renderer, I then started using it for my rendering program of choice for most of my work. I still think that Vue produces Top Quality realistic scenery design & rendering, but I also think that Vue produces some of the best rendered images out there, so I do my modeling in other programs, import the objects into Vue & use it for most of my final renderings. One final item . . . Of all the 3D rendering programs that I have used in the past, Vue seems to handle the largest polygon count, ( well into the millions ), without major slowdown. These kinds of polygon counts in other 3D software programs would bring them down to a crawl, or crash the whole program. A great image, lots of time & work went into this, as I can see by examining all the little details. Thanks for the enjoyment to start my day off with & have a good one . . . Mark. ;^)

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 11:46 AM

I couldn't agree with you more, Mark, and it pains me to see that even E-on Software desribes Vue 4 as a "Landscape Generator", on their website: "A landscape generator with incredible specs and unequaled render quality at an affordable price! Includes SolidGrowth, our ultra-realistic vegetation synthesis and rendering technology." That description by all means undercuts Vue's abilities. I tried like hell to get E-on to change it... True, it's landscape tools are unequalled, and are an enormous part of it's attraction, but as we all know, it's far more than just that, and the very fact that it's very capable of rendering ANYTHING ought to be actively pursued as a selling point. :)

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 12:12 PM

Thank you very much Mark, I'm glad that you liked it... I'll tell you what attracted me first to Vue, was the skies... After working with Vue2, I also liked the relative ease of use and the ability to generate photorealistic images.. I definitely like that in my art, so I've been using Vue almost exclusively ever since... And when you see other great artists on the web are switching over to Vue, it kinda makes me feel like I'm in good company making this choice... I now have Vue 4 and it really leaves very little to be desired.. Mike, maybe we should have a contest to see who comes up with the new slogan for Eon.. :) It could go something like this... Eon's Vue d'Esprit is a landscape generator... But wait, there's more... You can also do still images... How much would you pay for this product... But wait there's more... It also animates... It slices, it dices, how much would you pay for this product??? But wait there's more... You can create photorealistic scenes that make you think you took pictures with a camera.. How much would you pay for this product??? But wait, there's more... :)

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 1:17 PM

Yeah and while we're at it, we'll get RONCO to market it, thus freeing up the E-on staff for further developments to the program.... can you say, Infomercial"? ;)

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 1:47 PM

I think I can say it... :)

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 4:26 PM

OMG Paul! This is just tremendously amazing! I see you found a lobster -- who knew we'd been seeing 'em at such a gala celebration? LOL! And I really like the clam with the massive pearl. Man, this is really extraordinary and fabulous work. Thanks for the detail images, too. Outstanding! :)

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 6:42 PM

Well, thanks Varian... :) Yeah, this picture was fun and it was complicated, and it just goes to show what can happen if I start thinking about how things might be in certain states, like in dream states and what goes on , and then I start thinking about personalities that might inhabit there and what have you, all of which is totally imaginary... :) Which is why I think I'm out of my mind when I finish these things... :)

Axe555 ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2002 at 7:38 PM

Wow! That has got to be one of the most imaginative images I've ever seen around here! Reminds me of a Walt Disney cartoon. As Varian said. Outstanding! Rich

tradivoro ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2002 at 1:00 AM

Thanks Rich... It's meant to be dreamy, cartoon like... I'm glad that it's coming off that way... :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.