Fri, Sep 20, 7:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Attn:EVERYBODY - Poser PATCH IS HERE -

Dagon ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 10:44 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:48 AM

From the PFO forum...Larry Weinberg wrote: ------------------------------------------------- Due to the delays of the MetaCreations restructuring, I've decided to UNOFFICIALLY post the latest build of our Poser 4 patch. Contact me directly for problems with this. Do not call MetaCreations. Their tech support cannot help with this patch. Patches are at: http://host-1.ghosteffects.com/poser/patch/patch.html My email is larry@ghosteffects.com Happy Hollidays... -------------------------------------------------

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 10:57 AM

Wow - Cool deal. Damn the Fix list is sooo long. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 11:43 AM

This is not the final version, it's the latest Beta, so you might have a few problems with it. -JH.

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 1:15 PM

Thank you for letting us know!!! Yes Virginia, it looks like there WILL be a Christmas!! Jack

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 1:23 PM

HEY that's MY LINE! Now what the 'eck am I supposed to say ... Hmm...maybe...just maybe...Hmmm.. PAN~

Traveler ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 1:38 PM

Now that is a christmas list if I ever saw one... MORPH EXPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! um... sorry -Trav

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 3:01 PM

wohoo!! okay... so who's tested it yet? (well, you know i would but i'm not at my machine right now.... if i crash my mom's computer, i'm in trouble! ;) )

picnic ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 4:42 PM

I have a patch zip sitting on my desktop. PhilC posted last week, I think, about it and I picked it up immediately. I think the link disappeared though. Is this 'the patch'?? or should I get the other? Diane B

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 4:51 PM

This one from Larry W. is a newer version of the Beta Patch.

JIMM ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 5:40 PM

This is a teriffic Holiday Gift, Thank you Larry. It makes me happy to know that even with MetaCreation jumping headfirst into a possible E-Commerce disaster, at least its creator still cares about Poser and its users. Since purchasing poser 1 1n 1996, I have bought every upgrade, in fact this year I purchased both version 3 and 4, as well as Bryce 4, Ray Dream Studio and Carrara. I dont think ridding themselves of products that sell is a wise course of action for MetaCreations, But it was extremely nice of Larry to post the Patch even when Meta would not Thanks again

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 5:52 PM

Meta WILL host the final patch...after much testing.

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 6:51 PM

okay so why do I get april fools when I try to get the patch? This is the link that comes up http://host-1.ghosteffects.com/poser/patch/patch.html id=2861&trans=-1&url=[http://aprilfools.infospace.com/Poser%20Patch%20WIN%204.0.2.111.zip Storm

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 6:55 PM

I'm not getting that, try this one: http://host-1.ghosteffects.com/poser/patch/Poser%20Patch%20WIN%204.0.2.111.zip I keep Java and Javascript off as well. -JH.

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 7:18 PM

So make a back-up of your Catsuit before loading the Patch ;-)

Jude ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 8:03 PM

Why bother with a backup? There's no install program, and you have to put the patch files into the Poser directory tree by hand, so just don't copy the new catsuit.

Traveler ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 10:15 PM

There wasn't a catsuit fix in the zip I downloaded. Fixes for the Baby's and male's gens, and the rattler. New versions of the import/export plugins (hint if backing these up to a new folder you have to move the old versions out of the Poser folder completely, I moved them all the way out to the Program Files dir. If in a sub of the runtime Poser will find them and add double of everything in the import/export. Other than that, set up was a breeze. -Trav

Kevin ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 1999 at 10:47 PM

The general suggestions for installing these sorts of patches is to install them on top of a clean Poser 4 install. I rename the old P4 directory and build a now one, Install poser 4, install the patch, then copy in the stuff I want. You can use xcopy, set to not overwrite existing files, to copy in your old work and models. Usually the patches work fine without doing this, but it can prevent nasty problems.

nerd ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 1999 at 6:16 PM
Forum Moderator

I wish all patches were like this. I know exactly what files were replaced and where. An yes I skipped a few because I've done tings with them and don't want them replaced. Super Thanks to Larry for supporting his application.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.