Fri, Sep 20, 3:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: bodyhair on texturemap

Dragonlady ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 5:39 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:29 PM

file_261158.jpg

Ive been working on texturemaps for M2 for a while its my first one Anybody having some tips on making bodyhair and facialhair looking real???? it seems no matter how I try to paint it it gets to big and fuzzy this is how far Ive gotten its not ready and I know the body and head doesnt match still working on it and learning little by little I would appreciate any tips

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 6:45 AM

file_261160.jpg

Hi, Not that I am in any way a master of texturing ;-)... But what I did when creating the textures for Nicole (close-up displayed here) was use Photoshop's smudge feature with a brush 1 pixel in diameter, and about 75% pressure. Then I slowly worked my way around the eyebrow effectively drawing each hair by smudging from the darker area out over the skin. I don't know if this helps... cheers! d

geep ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 9:03 AM

... of your texture map?

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

VirtualSite ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 9:42 AM

Talk to vapo; his work has amazing hair done in postwork that hes painted on. He could probably help you with putting some in a texturemap.

jwkub ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 10:55 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_261161.jpg

Howdy , Ive been working on body hair for mike for about 4 weeks now. ive been through many programs and techniques. but i find that Photoshop it best for the base file, i also use Painter for making the swatches for all the hair patterns i use. ..... 1st i use 4000x4000 base textures. i create a pallete of hair "patterns" for use in photoshop in 640x480 and paint them (the pattern sets) on in many many layers.layers and resolution is the key for making good looking hair. i have a "dial a bear" photoshop doc at 250+ megs id love to release but at that size its difficult at best to download. so ill be releasing sets of matched hi rez body's with heads in the not too distant future. ill post some on my test renders. hope that helps some. Happy Rendering, JWKub

jwkub ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 10:56 AM

file_261163.jpg

here is a chest shot

jwkub ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 10:56 AM

heres his furry back side

jwkub ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 10:57 AM

file_261166.jpg

oops here it is

jwkub ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 11:01 AM

file_261167.jpg

legs n arms. mind you theses are just test renders ive doen recently.

geep ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 11:20 AM

Thanks for the info ... and ........ Your work is VERY impressive!!! Question: Is realistic body hair the "last frontier" for Poser? ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

jwkub ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 12:05 PM

Realistic body hair is a quite a challenge.and yes perhaps the last frontier. Poor mike is rather neglected. err poser male too. I went through the same issues as dragonlady did. tore some of my own hair out in the process of getting a decent technique going . lots of apps i blew through to find the right combo . Photoshop and Painter. Painter !!! WOW its great for doing lost of stuff, i find it superrior for brush strokes for hair swatches. using a round camel hair at 2.5 to 3. pixels at 640x480 getting the length of the stroke just right can be a challenge , then with the swatches building sets of hair "patterns" in PS for arms , legs , chest , face . remenber having your base texture at 4000x4000 it what makes it work well. its lots of trial and error let me tell you : ) Photoshop layers are great for building up the level for hairiness you want . my "dial a bear" chest has 25 layers alone. 10 dk brown /10 lt brown and 5 back hairs all if varying density. in combining then in different ways makes for loads of furry types. same with arms and legs all the body.i am working on the head beard maps now . a new set of challenges. doh perhaps i should make a tutorial about this : )

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 2:50 PM

Yes, a tutorial would be great.

Dark_Whisper ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2002 at 10:47 PM

Dragonlady: I find going any lower than 2048x2048 starts to lose hair realism.

Dragonlady ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 5:47 AM

nice looking eye there DW when you use high resolution do you keep it high or do you reduce the size when finished??? I tried blow it up all the way to 4000*4000 but when finished reduce the size to 2000.... I dont have painter only PS and Z-brush a tutorial would be nice anyway Thanks for the tips guys I guess its back to trying Ive seen some great texturemaps out there so I know its possible anybody knows how Daz made their M2 maps??? do they use photos or do they paint them???

jwkub ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 9:20 AM

There is a FAQ and "behind the sceenes" about the creation for Michael 2 on the DAZ site it explains the whole mike creation process.

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2002 at 9:22 AM

Quote from the webpages of DAZ (about the hi-rez textures): These four photo-composite texture maps with MAT pose files give Michael 2.0 (and Michael 1.0) the ability to choose combinations of dark and light tones, hairy and shaved skin. So don't feel bad if you can't get the same results from painting them...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.