Sun, Oct 6, 4:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Renderosity changed my life :)

chrisjol ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 9:43 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 4:25 PM

Perhaps stretching things a bit, but not too far from the truth. This is probably the wrong forum but, what the hell, its where most people visit. A year ago I was just playing around with Poser and coming here to search for free stuff,like alot of others I suspect. Then I decided to try to put something back by making a model myself. I found some very gifted people here who are happy to offer encouragement and advice, who try to help out no matter how stupid the question. I've made wonderful new friends here (I won't embarrass anyone by naming the guilty, you know who you are) who've helped me find web hosting, tested my stuff and helped me improve it, always ready to answer IMs and e-mails. I'm now even selling a few models to help fund the hobby, something I never dreamed I would be capable of. OK, nothing's perfect, there's a tad too much moaning and petty jealousy for my tastes, but there's also a great sense of humour and fun. I'm damned glad I signed up. Thanks everyone ! :o)))

Barbarellany ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 9:55 AM

I come here to learn for the most part as well. I read the threads and often take notes even if it's not something I am working on now. This way I know what to do in advance or who seems to know the most about it. People are so helpful here.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 10:07 AM

I find myself learning things, even when I wasn't specifically setting out to search for information. I'll get in and read a thread and come out saying, "Hey, I didn't khnow that! Cool!" I appreciate the folks here so much. I've also received lots of helpful advice and encouragement, and with the few things I've offered back, I've had a lot of very generous compliments. Even though I've never met any of the members here in person (and probably never will), I feel as if I know them as friends. I would also like to add my thanks to all the people who are so much more talented than I can ever hope to be. They're a great inspiration. Melanie

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 10:59 AM

I'd like to add my humble thanks to the pile as well. Although I haven't been here long (Mid-to-late November, I think), and haven't played with Poser at anytime before early November, I have finally found a cure that does two things for me: 1) I was getting all burned-out on FPS gaming and the gaming scene. I had played online like a rabid dog since 1997. I realize that nearly five years of my life went down the drain trying for new and improved ways of meeting folks on a network, then killing them as quickly as possible. Even though most folks I know in gaming are great folks, it's become all negative and destructive nowadays, and I don't just mean in-game, either... something I really don't appreciate. I still play a little now and then, but nowhere near the approximate 14hrs+ each week that I used to. 2) I've gotten back in touch with the artistic side of my engineering endeavors. Sicne I was a kid, I'd always try and build wild things in drawings and artwork... and since high school, I'd never really found a way to bring back the joy I had once found in doing so. I lost the drawings I had treasured so much while living in Des Moines, Iowa during the 1993 floods. Among all my travels and wanderlust in life (I'm 32 now, so I probably ain't done travelling yet), the drawings collection was a constant with me, and I still miss them. I tried to bring some of that engineering art back within the FPS gaming community, but theoretical and data limitations were a constant shackle, and most folks complained of excess eye-candy getting in the way of their slaughters. Then I found Poser, and R'osity. Here, not only have I found programs that finally sets the potential free, but a group of folks who fulfill my own joys by putting them to good use. I used to look at the drawings on Digital Blasphemy, Dead Dreamer, etc, and sayto myself "damn - that's what I want to do! I want to make images like that!" Although I rarely release any of my renders to the public (mostly I've done it to show off new items I'm building), I've gotten proficient enough with making them that I may indeed start putting together and releasing renders just for fun. My life has become more positive as a result... though I'm spending mroe time than ever at my computers, which garners complaints from the missus (grin), even she admits that things have changed for the better :) And I have you guys to thank for it. /P

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 11:30 AM

Gotta add my 2 pennyworth to this. renderosity has definately changed my life. I had a job, now I haven't . but I got rosity, and I can get by. everyone is so helpful, and friendly. I would be a lot poorer without.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

MadYuri ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 11:33 AM

...trying for new and improved ways of meeting folks on a network, then killing them as quickly as possible... Don't do this to me, evyery time I read something like this I have to clean my monitor. I can't say Renderosity changed my life, but it certainly added more fun to it.

thip ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 1:53 PM

Tripped over R'osity for exactly the same reasons as you, chrisjol. Was seduced by the sheer amount of free items and helpful people. Left during one of the flame wars, and came back when the admins of all the "usual suspect" forums showed real class by burying the hatchet. Wanted to pay back all those helpful gals and guys w/ the bit of freestuff I was capable of, and now I ain't done a single stinkin' picture for I don't know how long, because of all those nice gals and guys who use my humble stuff to do farbetter pics than I can - just makes it real damn hard to drop modeling and get back to picture-making. I ain't FAIR ;o)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 4:18 PM

We also have been helped and welcomed like you, and well, this is a wonderful place. Mike and Sharen

LeeEvans ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 5:08 PM

A real big DITTO from me as well... Like some others here, I have found info I wasn't necessarily looking for, by reading posts. I have been assisted by several people, now that I am looking into making some items for the Market Place and the Freebie section... I tell my boyfriend daily about some of the things I have read here that either make me smile, out-and-out laugh... and then those that really get under my skin, and I think you all know what I mean about THOSE posts... I am unemployed as well, on disability, and I visit Renderosity several times a day now. All in all, I have to say that the Staff, and a good 90% of the members that post to the forums are great, helpful, humourous people that do in all honesty improve my life. I hope all of the people that visit, buy, download, and just look around here in the Renderosity site get as much enjoyment out of it as I do... Kudos to everyone... even those that get under my skin, because if nothing else, it makes me think... - Lee

neurocyber ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 5:24 PM

I don't get around here or use poser as often as I'd like to but this whole Poser community has been a beam of light. This community has become my rebirth into learning to have fun again. Happieness like that is priceless! You are all such great people!

geep ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 5:55 PM

... and those who havn't posted here. [yet]

Best damn thread I've ever read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you (faceles) guys more than I can tell you (some more than others), you are indeed "family."
And, I am honored that you allow me to be part of the group.

I have been called a "crusty ole fart" (and probably alot worse) and I know that my "different" sense of humor probably rubs some of you the wrong way but, I feel, I can be myself here; being able to "share"
(vent, yell, cuss [just a little], moan, complain, cajole, tease, praise, comfort, smile, laugh [if you havn't seen "Maury" ...], and , yes, even cry somtimes; and crusty ole f**** just don't do that! [but, I do .... here]

There ARE good people in the world and I "see" lots of 'em right here at R'osity! I won't mention any individuals, either, because I might accidentally leave someone out.

People are, well, people and people don't always get along with one another but I see something here that defies description. It's a homogenius atmosphere. Sometimes a bit rocky ...... but then things get smoothed out.

I've rambled long enough, so I will stop and give someone else a chance to "share."

A special "Thanks!" to ...chrisjol... for starting this thread, and to those above who have "shared."

I love you guys and ...

As always ...

cheers,
dr geep <--------------------------(lookin' for a dry handkerchief sniff)
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 5:57 PM

This was EXACTLY the RIGHT PLACE to post this thread!!! ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Kinouk ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 6:31 PM

Renderosity and the people here are our cyberworld extended family. If I don't check in on the poser forum everyday I feel something is missing. This is a great group of people. Thank you for being here!! Joan

judith ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 7:04 PM

Ditto here :) It never ceases to amaze me how willingly everyone contibutes to this great knowledge and personality pool!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

Sue88 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 8:03 PM

I agree with everybody above. I am so glad that I found this wonderful community where there is always somebody to help with questions or problems and where people make me laugh or think. I check the forums several times a day - in fact, the only drawback is that sometimes I spend too much time reading posts and not enough time working on my projects! ;)

geep ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 9:07 PM

... and you are the ONLY person in the world that does THAT! ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Sue88 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 9:52 PM

Oh no, so my family is right! I AM weird! ;)

geep ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 9:59 PM

... only one in the world like that! ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

VirtualSite ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 10:34 PM

You mean, there is life outside this place? A world where we don't have to change things by moving dials or reimporting textures? No! You're joking, right?

geep ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 10:55 PM

... if I have the right set of parameter dials. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 3:44 AM

Chrisjol, Thank you indeed for posting this thread. We are a family, and like all extended families we have all sorts of members. I've only met a couple of the people here in real life, unlike CompuServe where my Forum gathers regularly, but I suspect that we are much like our posts: even behind the anonymous handles lurk real people. Those of us who are regulars are so because we care, and care deeply, about our art and about each other. Carolly

geep ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2002 at 8:51 AM

You guys must have done it while my 'puter was turned off! Darn! I guess I missed it! ;=[

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.