Sat, Sep 21, 9:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Sometimes it just doesn't pay....or does it...

rudipooimf ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:45 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:48 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dynagrind.com

Well i saw Wusamah's post about people bitching about his freestuff and thought i'd get soemthing off my chest. 1. If you download something for free, don't complain about it. You didn't pay for it. You didn't put the time in to make it. Just try it, if you don't like it, delete it. 2. At least in Dynagrind.com's case we pay for unlimited bandwidth so that we can provide that stuff for everyone. Money out of our pocket. We still don't charge. So no complaint please. 3. If you have a complaint, problem, concern, or something constructive to say do it in a friendly professional way. you might get some help in fixing it. And to anyone else out there that is doing freestuff and needs help with hosting it or anything let us know. If it meets our high standards at Dynagrind we'd be more than happy to hook u up for a while. :) And to all the people that don't know how to act when they are givin a gift, please deposit your kiss on my buttocks! Thanks. :)

thgeisel ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 1:25 AM

I agree in all the things you mention!!!!!!!!!! And I want to say thanks for all the people sharing their work for free!!!

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 1:32 AM

Hell, Rudi, we have how many people at this place? Seventy thousand? Sure, you're gonna get whiners and complainers and bitchers, just like you're gonna get a helluva lot more people who really do appreciate the work, even though they may not say it. It's just the whiners who are gonna hog the spotlight and the microphone, and trust me: they will never learn how to act when given a present.

Skygirl ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 2:40 AM

Well, well, well, maybe it doesnt matter that they dont learn...I mean more and more people are pulling their freestuff in these days and in the end maybe nothing is left and the little whiners have nothing left to whine about and peace will come....

judith ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 7:41 AM

Paul, those are excellent guidelines. Ron, I don't think anyone's asking anyone to jump through hoops, they're just asking for a little common courtesy. If you don't like the terms, then don't download it. Period.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

Skygirl ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 8:42 AM

Hmmmm...I cant remember that Ive ever asked for anything in return for my free stuff, but I can remember abuse of it. For that I didnt ask either and its brought me to the conclusion that I make stuff for ME. Like somebody around here dont like the attitude of those who give free stuff away, I - for one - dont like the attitude of some of those who download it.....

RonGC ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 9:12 AM

Personaly i believe that many people sitting in front of their computer monitors believe themselves to be completely anonymous. This leads to a depersonalization of the other person on the recieving end of our remarks. People who would, if talking to you face to face , never say the things that they do online. The best thing to do is be courteous and upbeat about things. remember anything that you say on the net could be around for a very long time and could very well come back to haunt and embarass you at a later date. Can't go wrong with the old Golden Rule! LOL. This goes for both sides on this topic :-) Thanks for your time. RonGC

judith ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 9:13 AM

Well, perhaps I've missed something through these threads regarding free stuff, but I just don't see where anyone's asking for or demanding gratitude. All I see being asked for is, again, a little common courtesy, which is a little different. If you like it, let someone know. If ya don't, well then I just don't use it, I guess. And now, I'm bowing out of this one..... too much potential for hurt feelings

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 10:26 AM

Ron, you're right that there are some freestuff suppliers who are just as prone to taking advantage of their position as there are freestuff downloaders who do the same. Not mentioning any names, but I think we all know of a few providers who seem more intent on making us feel guilty for the simple act of taking what they have to offer. In this case, however, I have to disagree. Rudi is talking about a situation yesterday that was out of Wus's control and yet made him the target of a lot of unnecessary bitchiness on the part of a select few. I'm sorry some people didn't get to make the window of opportunity for that model. I'm sorry some people saw it as a rehash of something provided before. Just for myself, I found it a great piece of work and told Wus as much as an IM. I think that's just good courtesy. As for the set-up problems and the timing issue, well, that happens, right? And when it does, we shouldn't slam the supplier like some people did yesterday. It was rude and uncalled for, and that's the point, I think, Rudi's making at the top of the thread.

melanie ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 11:35 AM

This is sort of a sidetrack of the topic, but I remember going into someone's download site (can't even remember who is was or where--it was some time ago), but I remember seeing a small mention on their site that said something to the effect of (not an exact quote), "if you download any of my things, be sure to say thank you in my guest book because I work hard on these things." Now, that one was asking for gratitude. I have a small collection of things on my download site and so far everyone has been very positive and complimentary about them, even though they're pretty simplistic and not as well made as other folks here, but I mostly do it for the fun of it. I don't ask for kudos and I also allow people to use these things in any project they wish (both commerical and personal) without written permission. If someone finds a use for my stuff, great, if not, oh well. I just enjoy creating and giving. If I should receive a complaint or negative comment, I'll try to deal with it on an individual basis with that person. I don't think it's necessary for people to come into a public forum to voice complaints about things they've downloaded for free. If they have a problem with it, they can e-mail the person who created it and try to work out the problem privately. It's disheartening to be bashed in public. Now, if they paid money for something, then the public needs to know if there are flaws or glitches in a product. Then they have a legitimate gripe. But even then, maybe they should try contacting the artist first and if they get no response, then take it to the public. Just my two cents worth. Melanie

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:10 PM

I just want to thank EVERYONE for their free stuff, It is greatly appreciated! I have also bought numerous items but haven't posted yet. Hope to have my first 2 posts this weekend. :o)

rudipooimf ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dynagrind.com

Hey Ron, just to answer your one question, this is no teenager on the other end of this computer. I've been in this arena for a long time and all i was saying was it's time for people who "leech" to pay their proper courtesy or keep their mouths shut is all. I've seen your stuff and it's cool. It's just an oppinion i have.

dlfurman ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 4:31 PM

Yes and Yes. If you are downloading someones work that they COULD sell and give away, yes, please do be grateful. I'm not sure I agree with keep your mouth shut and dont complain BECAUSE it was given freely. I have downloaded two characters and none of the things referenced in the .CR2 were provided. My copy of POSER hangs when I skip looking for textures, etc. so the generously provided items are USELESS! (Well. Not really. Just made me look more into how CR2 editors work, so that's not so bad!) Again! To the free stuff providers THANK YOU! IF...you are providing to be generous and give back, THANK YOU. IF...you are honing your skills and want to see if you have what it takes to go commercial...deal with the comments (They mutliply manyfold when people add $$$ into the mix RONCG hit the nail on the head. Put yourself in the downloaders position. (We'll still thank you!)

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.