Tue, Oct 22, 3:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:57 pm)

Subject: Daria 2K....Jungle Babe!

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 11:15 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:39 PM

file_120036.jpg

Well they inspiration comes at the strangest times and can be sparked by the least thing you'd expect... but it HIT me!! I am going to do a small one shot (simply because I don't have much time away from work) story using Mason's Jungle Babe... (thanks Mason and Tim for the combined work). The Story is forming in my head and had to just try it out in an image. This image was rendered completely in Poser 4 (still haven't learned how to import textures for characters in Bryce yet) So yes, the mountain is imported image from Bryce, the grass and plants are from 3D Cafe with some rework done by me. Again, Mason's Jungle Babe using Tim's Textures, both modified by me. Mason... just a note, the bone necklace, bracelets and belt wont take textures, so I had to UV map em, if you want it let me know :o) The Spear is Traveler's which you can find on his Dark Props Weapons disk (VERY COOL Trav thanx!!)and I added the adornments on it, which aren't to clear in this image. The story will be, honestly, for Mature readers only due to certain situations, so look for an announcement for it on the Adult Forum when released. Thanks everyone!! Jack

Tartan ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2000 at 9:12 AM

Jack, you put this one together nicely. Your skills have improved a Lot in the last few months. Excellent image :)

jje ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2000 at 9:14 AM

Awesome! ...and I can't wait to see the one-off story, but...announced in the adult forum?!? At the risk of disiplining an expired equine... we really ought to have a listing somewhere of all the efforts of people with a graphic story bent [as opposed to all the other bent people on this forum :>) ] there's Jack, Ruth, Time Extreme, your efforts, my stuff (yea yea yea R.S.N), um and that other one, and that really wierd one....see what I mean? Maybe someone should take one step forward and volunteer ("Hey Moe, hey Larry get back here") jje

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2000 at 9:18 AM

something about her left knee doesn't look right...not sure what it is, tho. Everything else is marvelous. Kate the overly picky for some reason this morning.

Mason ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2000 at 11:34 AM

Jack - Yup, the jewelry doesn't have texture coords. I just thought sicne they are small and usually far away that solid colors would probably just do fine. As for the pic, it looks awesome! One reason I don't do a Jungle Babe story is because I don't want to render all those plants and foliage. Does 3dCafe create the trees or is that some sort of photo turned into 3d trick?

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2000 at 3:10 PM

Tartan: thanks, I'm getting there, not only am I the President of the forum but a student as well!! hehehehe :o) JJE: Yes, I will be working on something of that nature, okay so maybe I will post an announcement here also... :o) Yep Kate, your right, I didn't notice that...crap! Still love ya though dear :oP Mason: The trees and folliage are posted at the Cafe, I downloaded the .3DS formats and imported them into Poser. The Mountain is a 3D trick, I create the scenery, save as JPEG, import it into Poser as a background, then use my ground trick to cast shadows onto the background in Poser. The Imported all of the plants and your Jungle Babe (shrunk her breasts down some hehehe). Imported the jewelry and reset them back to where they belonged (don't know how to imbed them like you do to the figure), then rendered (took about 3 minutes to render with 10 plants, the babe and spear). The opened it to put the Name on it. (no post render work, I was lazy!!!). I hope that answers it for you. I would like to learn the trick you do to imbed the props to the figure, or I can send you the new UVMapped .OBJs if you want (or just the .CR2) and you could do it. Because I plan to show close ups and pan views of her. ( I like her can you tell?? hehehe) Thanks for the cool character!! Jack

Mason ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2000 at 5:07 PM

Jack, I believe the jewelry is in the cr2. You can use Morph Manager to pull them out. I think the main necklass is part of the mesh but not sure. The rest are just attached props in the cr2. In fact, you could just export the obj file, add texture coords and cut and paste the obj back into place in the cr2. Just as long as you don't adjust the origin or resize the props you wouldn't have to reposition them. She is symetrical meaning the props on the right side are exactly the same as the props on the left. Adjusting one arm band will work for all arm and leg bands for example. This means you'd only have to export and paste in the left arm bone band then paste the same data for the rest of the band props. I do have Tree Factory for 3d MAX and have been spitting out palm trees, bushes etc. I would like to have more of a lush forest akin to Tarzan or soemthing but I'll take what I can get.

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2000 at 7:28 PM

I was thinking about buying Tree factory, but was unsure as to it's practical uses, or if it would even be easy to use. LOL I am not completely 3D Compliant. Jack

Mason ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 12:49 PM

Tree factory is pretty cool but I haven't started playing with it fully yet. It has a series of stock items and grows limbs with a fractal routine. The stock trees are pretty good. I haven't played much with making my own trees. Supposedly you can do some cool stuff with it. Great for making trees for Bryce for example or even Poser. Do NOT buy creature creator. All it is is a basic model (very similar to the poser P3 male I might add) and a bunch of limbs and such. Basically its like 7 or 8 models in which all the limbs are interchangeable. The only good thing is they do have a nice anime girl model that could be converted to Poser ina few hours.

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 1:45 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I will have to check it out. Thanks, Jack

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.