Fri, Sep 20, 2:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara 2.0 wish list

DotPainter123 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 3:37 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 5:44 PM

This may be a dream but here are some things I hope will be in Carrara2.0. Vertex Modeller: 1) Dynamic sizing of basic shapes (circles, squares, etc) using mouse, when creating new shapes. 2) Better way of rotating selections, including around center mass of selection or predefined point. 3) Expanded 2D shape library. 4) Better mirroring/flip functionality(ie flip in place/adjacent as opposed to draw plane) 5) Heirarchical meshes 6) Bones with mesh deformation Metaball Modeller: 1) Allow 4 views like other rooms 2) Improve intervace and views 3) More shapes Particles: 1) Assign objects to particles 2) More flexibility with 2d particle shapes Lights: 1) Add volumetrics/radiosity 2) Incorporate lens flares/glows as part of render not as post process. 3) More shadow options (color,gradients) Shaders: 1) Built in deformation options (ie Anything grooves built into shader channels) As well as NURBS and PHSYSICS. Oh well, hope it's not too late already.......... .Painter

Otis4 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 6:16 PM

You listed two of my biggies: -Assign objects to particles -Bones with mesh deformation From what I understand, Bones is a' comin'. Particles, I'm not so sure about. I'd say object selection is another gripe of mine. It's a bit strange. Of course it may just be a one of those things I need to get used to. -Otis

pixelicious ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 1:53 AM

speaking of particles... i was just plating around the other day trying to get the hang of particle systems when i noticed that the "free particle system" feature that the manual says carrara has, is not anywhere to be found in carrara studio 1.1's properties tray. is this one of those changes that happened in the software but someone forgot to proofread the manual? does anybody know what the story is on that? -scott

brenthomer ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 8:28 AM

Along with Bones I am hoping for support for Quads. I do a ton of my modeling in wings3d/nendo and it is so annoying to have to triangulate my meshes after working so hard to keep nice edge loops.

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 12:39 PM

Support for Quads would be VERY nice. Hey - how is Wings3d anyway?

brenthomer ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 6:18 PM

Attached Link: http://www.wings3d.com

wings3d rocks. It has all the functionality of Nendo and now they are currently adding in a lot of the modeling tools of Mirai. It is almost at 1.0 now and it has a few plug-in developers for it already. My current workflow is wings3d -> amapi 6.0 (for the awesome smoothing) -> carrara for texturing and rendering.

memaci ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 4:16 PM

I have some simple (at least to me) changes to Carrara I would like to see. First for the Atmosphere (Wind Pallete). 1. I would like to have an option so the ground does not exist. 2. To have a star field background. I think this would be perfect for any space scenes or night time skies. 3. Possibly another function for nebulae or other space phenomena instead of only clouds. Second for the spline modeler. 1. When using the pen tool to create the shape of the spline in the modeler I would like to edit the paths so that the lines don't jump around or that the anchor points do not convert to rounded points when I simply move them. 2. This feature may already exist but I don't know where to find it. I believe the term is "sillouhette quality", I would like to be able to set the value for the entire scene before or during work on any one model instead of having to change each one individually in the spline modeler. I know there are other little things that I think about when I work in Carrara, but these are the ones that stick out in my head. By the way, what is a "Quad"? good day all. memaci

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 2:48 AM

Ok, this is the number x of Carrara 2 wish list. For me: -Soft shadows and lights through transparency with any type of light -Bevel function -Improved antialiasing and depth of field -One of my illustrations on the box :-) -improved boolean operations -caustics -4 windows in the metaballs modeler TOXE

grafikdon ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 2:31 PM

Gimme bones with mesh deformation and fur,do not forget sound synch,they have that on Animation Master ( am I asking too much?)

pas ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2002 at 7:48 PM

Has anyone obtained any communication from Carrara about this thread? When I read a recent interview given by Antoine Clapper, it seemed that he was rather defensive toward the interviewer (who was a big Ray Dream fan) about certain add-ins (brushes, particles, etc.) which are fairly standard on most mid-range programs (under $850). The upgrade progress, as expressed by Clapper, sounded to me like there will be no input from the user base on his driven course. This can be either, good or bad. What part Eovia plays in all this (financial, wise) does not bring much confidence from my end. I don't feel good committing my time, to yet another program, that has talented individuals working on the program and the stability of the framework is non-committed...buying a program does not make it so. Just some thoughts. Phil

DotPainter123 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2002 at 11:09 AM

I thought it would be nice to do an informal wish list which would give some of us dedicated Carrera users the opportunity to express their thoughts in the open. Who knows, someone at eovia may see these ideas and add them, either now or somewhere down the road. I feel every company should be at least aware of how the customers feel about their products. That is critical to producing products that are capable of maintaining a stable user base and expanding it. But, then again, that is just an opinion... I also forgot something that seems to be simple but is a pain to replicate otherwise: lens flares on sunlight or moonlight type distant lights. They dont exist. Just a thought. .Painter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.