Tue, Oct 22, 10:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: My Hat is off to JeffH...

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 1:53 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:38 AM

Hello everyone, I would be the first one to admitt that if I told I'd be saying this 9 months ago, I probably would've stated "Hell no I wont", but life has a funny way of changing things and people's opinions... ...as it has done with mine. It's not much of a secret that JeffH and I have had "issues" with each other in the past, to the point that if we could've been left alone in a room we probably would've pummelled each other to death (Lord knows, I've gotten Jeff that pissed at me in the past). However, I've got to be truthfully about some things that I've been thinking about for some time now... Even though I have had "issues" in the past with Jeff, one can not ignore the fact that he is EXTREMELY dedicated to this Community. He has always fought VERY HARD to defend the legions of artists here and has ALWAYS done his best to PROTECT the interests of all of the artists (most of our problems with each other is we didn't agree with the way in which to Protect those interests). What people may not know about Jeff, is the fact that he has been a part of this Community for a long time. He has undergone allot of harsh treatment (some suffered by myself) and STILL he NEVER GAVE UP ON THIS COMMUNITY. Even when all others (like myself) needed to step back and take a break, Jeff has continued nonpaused in his endeavors and hangs in there, trying his best to meet the needs and demands of this Community. So, in saying that, Jeff, please allow me to say: You and I have had our issues with one another and our objections as well in the past. Even now there may be times were we may disagree with one another. However, let me commend you and THANK YOU for the service that you continue to provide to this Community, the support that you've offered to everyone here (myself included). In short, I guess what I am trying to say is that I respect and appreciate you Jeff and I am damn glad to see that you are still a part of this Community!! Jack

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 2:52 PM

Jack - Wonderfuly said. I agree as well. Jeff works very hard and has been a great part of this community for as long as can remember. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

KenS ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:03 PM

as long as I can remember as well, and thank you for the kind words regarding Jeff, Im sure he will appreciate them, I know I appreciate hearing you say them, its good to see people can appreciate someone for the work they do regardless of any personal feelings about them. And I have to agree with you, Jeff has been working here since the extremly early days of the PFO and has stuck with it through all of its various incarnations and staff changes. And its got to say something for his character as well. I know I rarely say it, but thank you also Jeff for being here for all of us. Ken

PJF ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:21 PM

LOL, Jack, is that hat off or out? I don't think you'll be getting an 'in' anytime soon; but you never know - things have been pretty funny here recently, and may move rapidly into the completely bizarre.

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:24 PM

chuckles That would be off, there is no way that I would seek or desire an "in"... been there done that, there will be a made for TV movie about it sometime soon :o) No, my words were honest with no thoughts of compensation, just having to deal with me hanging out over here is a testiment to Jeff's dedication and strength!! Jack

KenS ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:32 PM

heh :)

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 3:52 PM

Thanks for encouraging words Jack.

Why do I feel like I've died and come to visit my own funeral here?

D'you guys know something I don't? :-)

-Jeff looks around for signs of danger

welcomesite ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 4:18 PM

R.I.P. Jeff (sob)

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 4:22 PM

heyas; well, jeff... i THINK this means they voted you as russ's replacement.... :) congratudolances ;)

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 4:39 PM

bloodsong - LOL... (poor Jeff) ;) Hey Jack - You still keep in contact with Ed? Just curious man. Clint

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 4:56 PM

"Here lies JeffH - Beloved Husband, Father and Pillar of the Community" snicker That did sound supiciously like a eulogy din't it Jeff? Man... time to count your fingers, arms, legs and relatives now... Just kidding. ;] Seriously, all other crap aside, Jack's speaking truth here. You have done a hell of a job here and there over the years.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

STORM3 ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 5:16 PM

110% Jack.

It is a hard job trying to please all the people all the time. No one can ever really do it. But you come close Jeff, even at times in the past, when I disagreed with you and thought you were wrong, your commitment to the community and to Art and artists could never be dented.

Now that we have you all softened up and suspicious
...........................................................................................Here comes the WATER! ;0)

STORM

sirkrite ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 5:19 PM

Jeff, Is it your birthday or something? Or he wants something? Maybe he did something wrong and figures this way you won't be as mad at him? ;D

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 5:37 PM

sniff Jeff was a helluva guy, and we will all miss him greatly. This community will never be the same without him. I can still almost see him posting here, in the Poser forum, and in the Mod forum; His spirit is forever entangled within these virtual walls. Here's to you, Jeff Howarth! And may you pose on into eternity!

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 5:41 PM

Oh gods... so that's what old net wierdos do when they pass on - they haunt the forums and post in absentia. ;] Are we gonna haveta calll Ghost Busters now?

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 5:44 PM

Jeez, I hope not. We'd have to write "No unnaturally large, psychotic marshmallow men allowed" into the TOS. ;)

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 6:14 PM

Clint, Yeah, I still see him from time to time, since he is my next door neighbor now... he's been having allot of fun being a dad and is doing quite well! :oD Jack

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 7:51 PM

hehe...Doh! Very nice to hear! Daddy Ed... (evil grin) Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Mehndi ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 8:10 PM

Ed found someone willing to reproduce with him Jack? Oh scheeze, wonders never cease. ;) Too bad 'bout that JeffH, he was a good man! Here's to him, and those like him! Damned few left.

Jan-Michael ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 8:14 PM

I am feeling ill...... this will help my new VOMIT ART... thanks guys....

Micheleh ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 8:28 PM

This is cool. It's the first time I've seen the guest of honor hog all the food at his own wake! ;]

Mehndi ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 8:59 PM

Hey! While we are burying JeffH alive, does anyone have a pic of him to post to his memorial thread? Jeff! Get out of the food and get back in yer coffin boy! That's for us who here to roast and toast you!

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 9:13 PM

"We'd have to write "No unnaturally large, psychotic marshmallow men allowed" into the TOS. ;)" But why? We all know Mr. Staypuff would NEVER hurt anyone? ;]

• Monkeysmell

Legume ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 9:29 PM

file_279442.jpg

What more can one say about JeffH, than has not been said already?

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 9:37 PM

"So sorry you died and all...that really sucks." LOLOLOL!!!

Mehndi ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 9:39 PM

{{{{"We'd have to write "No unnaturally large, psychotic marshmallow men allowed" into the TOS. ;)"}}}}} Uhoh... yer days are numbered Jeffty, they gonna toss you out with the wyrms.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 9:40 PM

*Guido and Terry pull in and start unloading banquet tables, refreshments and beverages from the Tavern truck... " You know? This is shaping up to be a truly impressive wake. Almost wish Jeff could be here to enjoy it. ;]

• Monkeysmell

Mehndi ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 9:42 PM

Swats Jeff's hand yet again as he reaches for another handful of heavily medicated Chex Mix Stoppit Jeff, it's too late for all that! You shoulda' had some of Aunty Mehndi's Miracle Cure Chex Mix before it was too late! Pooh, could you make this stiff lay back down again please?

Micheleh ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 11:02 PM

"Undead! Undead!"

sirkrite ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 11:08 PM

Jeff's not really dead as in dead, he's just almost dead. ;) I'm sure if we all IM him, we can bring him back from being almost dead. ;D

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 11:55 PM

{{Ed found someone willing to reproduce with him Jack? Oh scheeze, wonders never cease. ;)}} Naw. You know Ed. He found a way to do it without all the work. He got a ready-made family. ;-) And quit complaining Mehndi. A stiff man is good to find. Or is that a hard man is good to find? A good man... Oh, nevermind.

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 12:06 AM

A good man is hard to stiff... Oh nevermind. Now you got me doing it, Dianne. STOP THAT! ;]

• Monkeysmell

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 6:53 AM

So this is like an AA meeting where everyone has fallen off the wagon? :-)

sirkrite ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 7:01 AM

Except me Jeff, I'm home sick with a fever. :( The other's were nipping the bottle a bit at your wake. They decided on an Irish wake. ;D

Legume ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 8:30 AM

If we wanted YOUR opinion we'd knock on the lid of yer casket. Shut the hell up and have some respect for the dead.

Mehndi ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 11:59 AM

I told you all he was over here bugging the shit out of me whilst I was refilling the Chex Mix ;) See? And here he is again, the bugger just won't lay down. Like the damned energizer bunny, he just keeps going and going and going. Legume, would you knock him back into his casket? Can't even have a decent burying alive in this place anymore ;)

x2000 ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 1:46 PM

I'm sorry, guys, but burying another member alive, even a mod, is probably a violation of the TOS. Now, unless you let Jeff out of that coffin right this minute, I'm going to have to... hey, is that beer? Cool. And Chex mix, too, huh? Pass that over here. Mmmm, damn that's good. I don't suppose there's any pizza... Over there? Oh, yeah, I see it. What have we got here... sausage, mushrooms, onions... hmm, wait a minute, I don't have enough hands here... hey Jeff, could you close the top of that thing so I have someplace to set this stuff? Thanks. Now, what were we talking about? Ah, never mind. It couldn't have been anything very important.

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 2:34 PM

Pizza. We were talking about pizza. Mehndi's cookies gave the munchies for some odd reason.

Legume ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 2:36 PM

Let's just nail his coffin shut and be done with him. I swear, there's NO WAY we're inviting him to his NEXT funeral.

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 2:41 PM

Man! I mean... wandering around, hogging all the pizza, talking to guests... kibitzing on his eulogy. Is that anyway for the dearly departed to act?

• Monkeysmell

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 3:31 PM

I've heard of restless spirits, but this is getting ridiculous!

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 3:41 PM

Did I ever mention that I'm a George Romero fan?

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 3:43 PM

LOL@Jeff walks away saying "Brains....brains...brains...." Jack

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 4:44 PM

Heh heh. ;] I was always more of an "Evil Dead" fan. Your middle name wouldn't happen to be "Ash" would it?

• Monkeysmell

Mehndi ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 4:55 PM

Damn! There he is again. Ok, you know? The only way we are gonna be able to have a decent wake in peace is to go on and bury the soon to be forced to be dearly departed I say! Grab him boys!

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 4:56 PM

"Groovy.."

Legume ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 5:09 PM

...that I'm a necrophiliac?

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 5:14 PM

Runs for the hills :-O

sirkrite ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 5:27 PM

Looks like Jeff no longer almost dead! ;D

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 5:30 PM

I suspect that would cure anyone.... even of death. ;)

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2002 at 5:31 PM

The dead do not walk around Legume.... ...THEY RUN!! heh heh heh Jack

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.