Fri, Sep 20, 9:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / OT

Welcome to the OT Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:07 am)

This forum is a place to relax, unwind,and
discuss topics which may not be appropriate for the other forums.

Remember to stick to discussing issues, not members.
Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

We want this forum to be enjoyable for everyone.
Please read and understand the TOS before posting.

Subject: My official request to Renderosity Admistrators to ban Legume

welcomesite ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 3:24 PM

And think of all the bloodshed that has been avoided because of them inventing 'the surrender' !

Allen9 ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 3:26 PM

Vive le petard! ***** P.S. - Legume, I think that translator thingy would work better if you FIRST translated your statements from your mother tongue into english, and THEN used the translator. Last I looked, the Martian-to-French translator was still full of bugs. ;o)

Legume ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 3:35 PM

Est-ce que je puis arrer les sous-vements de la brure? Quel est ce casque fide rempli de poo dans mon monger de poissons?

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 3:39 PM

ewwww... I'd see a doctor about that.....

zardoz ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 3:44 PM

Eh? "...Who you are that you mess up my fish"?? Ok, ok, language isn't my cup of tea anyway ;-P.

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 3:59 PM

"Est-ce que je puis arrer les sous-vements de la brure? Quel est ce casque fide rempli de poo dans mon monger de poissons?" "I then to stop the underclothing of the burn? Which is this stinking helmet filled with poo in my fish monger?" Any native French speakers that can properly translate this or is this secret spy code stuff?

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 4:09 PM

he burned his underwear, sh*t in his helmet and that's where he keeps his fish. Not very sanitary, but to each his own.

Chailynne ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 4:12 PM

ROFL I kinda like the translations you guys got rather than what it he really said, unless that is what he said.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 4:29 PM

"I posted my request officially today Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:47:21 -0500 to Renderosity Administration. Now the decision doesn't belong to any of Renderosity members, but it is exclusively in the hands of the Aministrators." Beg to differ. By posting this in open forum, you threw it to the membership. Making it a decision solely for the admins would have entailed sending a private email to the adminitrators and moderators. I will agree that it's a pointless discussion though. ;] "I will respect any decision they will make in any circumstances. I hope you would do the same. And I thank you in advance if you do. " I might. Might not. I don't see anything that truly obligates me to respect decisions made by anyone, especially on bannings. Legume? I think we need to talk. So far, you haven't done a SINGLE THING to offend or demean Czech/Irish/Cherokee half-breeds, and I for one am feeling slighted. You predujiced against us mixed breeds or something? We not worthy of being bashed and humiliated? I for one am not going to stand for this cavalier disregard of yours. I think I'll sit and snicker instead of standing, thank you. ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

welcomesite ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 4:34 PM

Why ban legumes? Isn't the legume a great source of protein? < ----- insert punchline here ----- >

Legume ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 4:36 PM

My grandfather was Irish (a Sheridan) and my grandmother a full-blood Cherokee. Gramps used to joke to me that he traded whiskey and a rifle for her. At least I THINK he was joking.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 4:47 PM

Heh heh. My granddad use to joke that he traded a lame pony and a broken steel trap for my grandmom. And we were never certain he was joking. ;] Yeah, we're Speares and Barnes on the Irish side of the clan. The Barnes was Irish by way of Scotland a long, long time ago.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

PJF ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 4:53 PM

Ironic really. The pillock who came up with the phrase 'the only good injun is a dead injun' (and practised the notion) was Irish (a Sheridan). Nice to see many of the rest said 'bollocks to that, let's get together'.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 5:08 PM

I always prefered Custer's famous quote over Sheridan's myself: "Where'd all these damned indians come from any- URKKK! " snicker

• Monkeysmell

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 5:11 PM

If you think about it, it makes sense though. Both the Eirish, Scotts and the majority of Amerinds shared in common that by their own lights they were extremely civilized peoples, both were also extremely bloody peoples. And both shared a love for Whiskey You had damned good odds that anytime they came into contact they were going to become friends and relatives, or take each others hair. Or both. ;]

• Monkeysmell

Legume ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 5:14 PM

I think Gramps married an indian woman because Irish women are all ugly as a burlap sack full of dog crap. OK, gals, gimme a ten second head start and start shooting.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 5:21 PM

whispers to gals "Start shooting at 5... *

• Monkeysmell

MadYuri ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 5:48 PM

I think the gals don't have a chance to hit Legume. He is riding an armadillo. ;]

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 5:59 PM

Good enough. Normal armadillo's jump six feet straight up in reflex when you shoot them. Giant ones can probably hit 20' easy. Just wait til he goes under an overpass and then shoot the armadillo with my .358 Norma Mag. ;]

• Monkeysmell

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 6:08 PM

They also tend to do that under cars. There they are, lucky that they're not getting run over by a wheel, but then they jump..... Mike who killed an armadillo on the road within his first week in Florida Strangely enough, it was also the first armadillo I ever saw "in person"

welcomesite ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 6:17 PM

"armadillo's jump six feet straight up in reflex when you shoot them" What do you do with them?

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 7:20 PM

Yeah, I had one commit suicide once on a rural highway. He came scooting out in front of my car, I swerved to miss him, and he jumped straight into the front bumper. I think he must've been having a bad life - "Goodbye cruel world! I'm outta here!" ;] When I was a kid, in the poor areas of some rural Texas towns they ate them. And made baskets of the shells to sell to touristas, Welcome. You could get $5 apeice for them - decent money for an 11 year old with a .22 rifle and time on his hands.

• Monkeysmell

PJF ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 7:28 PM

Ah yes, countryfolk, living in harmony with - bang - nature. ;-)

edriver ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 7:32 PM

okay...I just wanna make sure I got the jist of this... Legume makes a joke about the French.... A frenchman says "hey! wait a minute! I'm French!" then....Legume neglects to respond with "Okay, I'll tell it again only slower"

chrisjol ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 7:53 PM

As a Brit, I'm REALLY offended, we were MUCH more savage than the ancient French. Look what Boudica did to the Romans. Any Italians out there? LOL

welcomesite ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 8:23 PM

"Welcome. You could get $5 apeice for them " Well, at least you didn't kill them just for kicks. I thought I was going to have to give you my speech about 'being disappointed over having a false impression of Native Americans having great respect for the animals they harvested for their needs'.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 8:24 PM

Just because ;]

• Monkeysmell

PJF ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 8:24 PM

What did Boudica do to the Romans? Oh yeah, she got killed and nearly all her followers were slaughtered; men, women and children. And Britannia was occupied for hundreds of years. It took the Germans to kick the shit out of the Romans and get away with it.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 8:29 PM

Heya Welcome... hate to disillusion anyone, but I'm reading more and more theory that a lot of the late pleistocene mammals may no longer be with us because they were hunted to extinction on the North American continent by guess who? My distant ancestors used to do mass drives of longhorned bison over cliffs because it was easiest... and I doubt that everything got used. And there's a couple of Texas tribes that were exterminated by their neighbors long before the whites crossed over. Apaches and Iroquians considered hideous torture an artform. I'm afraid that the myth of the noble savage is just that - a myth.

• Monkeysmell

PJF ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 8:32 PM

A myth created by guilty feeling middle class white folk. ;-)

welcomesite ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 8:39 PM

"And there's a couple of Texas tribes that were exterminated by their neighbors long before the whites crossed over. Apaches and Iroquians considered hideous torture an artform." Nothin' wrong with that. It's the animals that I feel bad about.

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 9:37 PM

A myth created by guilty feeling middle class white folk. ;-)* LOL!! The guilty feeling middle class white folk only feel that way because people want to keep reminding them of shit that they did ever since being born... ;o)

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 11:06 PM

Ah... scalp 'em and they'll quit whining. ;]

• Monkeysmell

liftan ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:25 AM

Americans natives are back, alive and kicking ! I 'm one of them, Standing Bull ! And your Precise-dent still wants to be Buffalo-Bill ? Pull out the tooth, Men, pull out this rooten one of yours !To kill its nuclear breath that has poisonned USA for one year is a Citizen's act ! (If you don't want to understand what "futuro nunda a lUSA" about the breaking news. "VOUS REGARDEZ TROP LA TELEVISION"...How do you say that in English ? "VOUS REGARDEZ TROP LE WEB" is something t o with modeation too, because of the subliminal bannners ! ...Pas con,Buffalo-Bill,le mec..normal....Ecole Normale Sup. too ! LOL "En Corse, si je vous prome, je vous pers." My grand-father's Promise. (Translation: "In Corcica, you see, if I take you for a walk, then I lose you_MEANS: YOU'RE LOST"). Sh.... !!! It 's too hard, it's culturally so different. LOL Alf.

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:18 PM

???? Please excuse the man in the white jacket and locked in the rubber room. He has no clue of what he is talking about... not that anyone would be able to understand him... Jack

welcomesite ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 2:20 PM

A mind is a terrible thing to lose

nfredman ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 3:02 PM

i have NOT lost my mind... it's backed up on my hard disk somewhere!

MadYuri ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 3:14 PM

, .
,~~~~~~~~. /| |
(Oooooch...) {;""}
( MHMPFF )O o (* @'-,
|||/ ~~~~~~~~" ,~ ~,""<br></br> (o o) ; , ("<br></br> ,----ooO--(_)-------. | | |<br></br> | Please | /| | <br></br> | don't feed the | ,(=~~==[])<br></br> | TROLL's ! | (-' ;(
'--------------Ooo--' ) /
|
|| ( ) ) ) )
|| || * /
/ //
ooO Ooo |
|_

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:08 PM

A mime is a terrible thing to baste.

• Monkeysmell

twillis ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 7:58 PM

Hey! Not if you're a Zombie! Mmmmm. Brainsssss. Sincerly, Undead Ed Zombie Anti-Defamation League

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 8:43 PM

If you're hungry for brains, er... what are you doing hanging around here? ;]

• Monkeysmell

kbade ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2002 at 9:04 PM

I always liked the classic Universal Pictures' "Dracula" because Bela had armadillos roaming the castle. I kid you not...the proof's on the celluloid. As for the original topic, I would merely note that the French, while gaining a worldwide rep for rudeness, are also the first to complain about anything negative about them or their culture. They bemoan EuroDisney while passing laws requiring all internet content to be published in French (no cultural imperialism in that idea). Finally, I can only imagine what word got translated into "basket of cat."

twillis ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 7:29 AM

Ironbear, I am on a diet, after all. Just because I'm a zombie doesn't mean I don't try to watch my figure. Regards, Undead Ed Spokesghoul Zombie Anti-Defamation League

Legume ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 9:37 AM

The way movies portray zombies. The way they just jump on you en masse and rip open your guts, grabbing steaming handfuls of your viscera and showing it into their mouths... I think it's DREADFUL that movie makers would portray zombies in a way that presumes they have such atrocious table manners.

twillis ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 9:58 AM

THANK YOU. See, this is what I'm talking about. The perpetuation of ridiculous sterotypes. And don't even get me started on some of the portrayals of my people, right here on these galleries. It's like I tell people: Eating brains is just something I do; IT'S NOT WHO I AM. Thank you for sensitivity and understanding, Dr. Legume. You strike me as a pretty nice guy, for a "quick". Regards, Undead Ed Spokesghoul Zombie Anti-Defamation League

Legume ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 10:01 AM

If people would just take a few minutes to make themselves less appetizing, zombie/human relations would improve greatly.

twillis ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 10:09 AM

Yeah, some people are just asking for it, really.

Legume ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 10:21 AM

Women especially ask for it. They put on their makeup and those wonderbras, wearing those short skirts and those high heels that accentuate their legs. They dab a little barbecue sauce behind their ears and then complain when some zombie drags them down an alley and eats them.

twillis ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 10:39 AM

You are preaching to the choir, my friend. Can you believe they made me sign a "Non-Consumption Agreement" at work? Totally unfair. The other employees didn't have to sign anything regarding their dietary habits. Total discrimination, I'm telling you. And then the suits act like they're doing you this HUGE favor in letting you dispose of certain vendors and salesmen they don't want to do business with anymore. Oh, yeah, big fat hairy deal. Most of those guys brains are just empty calories anyway.

WyldeSnake ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2002 at 10:44 AM

Why do you eat brains? Why not something else, like the spleen?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.