Fri, Sep 20, 1:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Did you know?

OrchidDave ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 2:52 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:45 PM

file_2548.jpg

I was wondering if you guys were aware that Pandromeda's MojoWorld uses fractal geometry to form everything that is MojoWorld? All materials, land forms, cloud forms, etc. are fractals....much like our own world! Attached is a pic that kinda shows the fractal composition of this world. If ya like fractals, 3d landscapes, and flying in a fractal world I highly reccomend you check out the free version of Mojo called Transporter that allows you to fly around worlds created by other mojonauts, stop wherever you want & render photo quality images(and save 'em). If ya get hooked you can then purchase the full version called Generator. Check out the mojo gallery here at renderosity to see more examples of what this app can do. There's also a mojo group over at 3dcommune. ( which I moderate) ~Dave'O

CrystalWizard ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 3:12 PM

oh that was evil of you dave, now i'm going to have to fight another addiction! sigh.

OrchidDave ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 3:29 PM

LOL....sorry! NOT!!!

DrivebyFruiter ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 6:14 PM

COOL..That's probably Brownian math???

Micheleh ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 8:20 PM

That is awesome. If I'm not mistaken, Terragen uses the same principles, also.

Patricia ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 11:32 AM

And Bryce.... Since my Mac addiction seems to preclude all the neato 3D Fractal apps, I take 'em into Bryce's terrain editor and apply them to symetrical lattices to make objects out of them. Haven't had time lately to try pasting a gel pict of the generating fractal over the surface.....that's the closest I can come (I think) to the cool 3D forms you guys produce.....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.