Fri, Sep 20, 6:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Help: Texture Problem with Traveler's Vicky Genital prop

arcady ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 4:22 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:31 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_2871.png

Anyone know how I can stop this color mismatch? I've set the prop to have the same color, highlight, ambient, and reflection values as skinbody. I made the texture for the propr by zooming in on the body texture and doing a copy / paste of the hip region. Yet I still get this. I've gotten it with 3 seperate body textures and 4 different prop textures (3 from Morph World and 1 made as above). Has anyone found a texture combination with this prop that works? If so can you send me the technical details and textures names and where I can aquire those textures? I'm working on a character who while she won't need 'closeups' like this sample... will need the detail this prop provides...

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 9:42 PM

Architects plant ivy. So I could suggest letting her natural furriness cover the lines. However, you really ought to ask Traveler about matching the textures. He might have set it for the default skin color. Did you start with both body and prop at flat white? Carolly

Tilandra ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2002 at 11:52 PM

Is there a match on the reflectance and bump maps as well? They really affect color sometimes. Tilandra

markdotcom ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2002 at 3:51 AM

Sheesh... looks like a tough one. Rather than keeping the colors the same, you may want to darken/lighten the gen prop color as needed. It looks like a few more shades one way or the other may do ya! By the way, I've had success using the gen prop with the DAZ3D Light Map for Victoria (standard res). Body parts and prop were set to pure white and the textures I downloaded with the prop seemed to match with no problem. The prop is easier to work with, but I'd probably recommend investing your time in the Femina package. Once you get all the remapping done, the gens look seemless. However, I had to tweak the nipple maps and bumps to get the right look (specifically, I used an extremely low-res map for nipples rather than a hi-res, otherwise they don't match the body texture). I think they ruined the Femina by including those nipple remaps. Enough venting... ;) Hope that helps.

arcady ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2002 at 4:23 AM

Yeah as I had stated above; there is a match on the reflection and bump setting. Everything on all settings is a 100% match save for the texture map. It uses it's own map so I can't match that. So instead I create a texture map by doing a cut and paste from a standard Vicky map. I did this in two ways: 1. I first tries to make a texture by cutting out a 200x200 pixel piece of the A2Z body map and pasting it into a new file in a tile pattern. Then put the genitals in their place on the map. 2. My second attempt was to cut a piece from the A2Z body map and resize it to be large enough to fill the prop's map, then put the 'genitals' in their place on the map. In both cases I was using the A2Z texture map, with the 'darker' MAT pose applied from the DAZ mlight texture set. I took every setting in the SkinBody of Vicky and copied it over to the genitals prop; so that other than the texture map they are a 100% match.

Renderosity Gallery

arcady ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2002 at 4:24 AM

I can't mask it with hair because the character I wish to make has no hair there.

Renderosity Gallery

arcady ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2002 at 4:26 AM

I have maps set up for femina actually. Or rather provided I use Femina with the DAZ3D Light Map for Victoria. I tried this prop with the DAZ3D Light Map for Victoria but was unable to get a match. Specificly I tried these textures: DAZ3D Light Map for Victoria Alice A2Z Because those three are hairless. I find 'pre pubic haired' texture maps to be useless.

Renderosity Gallery

arcady ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2002 at 8:00 AM

file_2872.png

This is as close as I can get it. DAZ3D Light Map for Victoria and the 05 'pink' texture for the prop. If you stare at it you will see a 'u'-ish bow shape where the prop impacts. But it seems 'good enough for government work for now. On anything but a closeup you won't see it. Which satisfies my character's needs (where I don't need closeups but I am working on a nude for a story). Plus I can now use the prop in whatever other figures and scenes involving nudes that I come up with. Vicky plain just looks silly in the pubic region. And even with all of the morphs I've tried there, I've not yet found anything that resembles a woman's shape even from a far away shot... Maybe I'm just overly particular about it. But I figure if I'm going to put a realistic scene together and have the model seem real I don't wan't her to suddenly drop out to cartoon level at the hips. To fix it I had to mess with the ambient solor. setting it to all 6's on the RGB. I then matched all of the other aspects between the prop and body.

Renderosity Gallery

Jaager ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 1:38 AM

Part of the problem is the difference in resolution, I think. If the remapped area had been a bit tighter in, it would be less evident. See what happens when you reduce the size of the genitals map to where the facets at the front of the hip are about the same size on both textures.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2002 at 3:41 AM

As Jaager says, the resolution difference is a problem. You might try using the clone brush tool to copy the body texture to the prop a little at a time. I've also tried tweaking the position of the prop to minimize the amount of 'prop' skin visible The plainer the texture (not a lot of highlights and skin variation) the easier to match. Haven't tried it, but I thought of rendering a picture of a shaved body map's hip area big enough to match the size of the prop and using that to get the texture for the prop. You'd probably have to use the same lighting, etc. with the prop though. Maybe some of the people who've created free textures would do some matching textures for this prop.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.