Sun, Sep 22, 1:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Rant....

Glen Wilson ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 6:03 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:32 AM

I have seen poser pro in action and i must say how dissapointed I am. Poser really needs to evolve, grow up if you will. And yet it refuses to live up to the 'Premier 3d character Animation and Design tool' tag. Why the hell did CL include those daft cartoon characters. Are they not looking at what the masses are doing with Poser? How about a Vicky/Michael quality model? The animation interface is old as the hills and still yeilds the same old irratic results. Come on CL!! I have used Poser from the off, but the only thing that keeps it fresh is the talented and generous users who donate to the forums. I'm seriously considering Hash:AM. Someone persuade me not too!!!

Jackson ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 6:30 PM

I'm not sure but I don't think you'll get a Vicky/Mike-quality model out of Hash either.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 6:41 PM

I think CL was trying to get the attention of web designers with cartoon characters in Pro... that and the Flash output. I've tried Hash twice... and could never make the leap into it.

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

neurocyber ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 8:00 PM

I wish you the best what ever you do but I have to add my expirence with hash here. Hash strung me along with a defective software or disk for a year with B.S. Then said it's been to long so they won't replace it even if I sent it to them but of course they would be happy to send me an upgrade for an additional $100. No other company has ever treated me with such indifference as hash did. :(

Norbert ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2002 at 10:38 PM

There's definitely easier modeling apps than Hash AM. If you look back through the program patch archive, it looks like the program is in permanent beta form. When I was on the mailing list for AM, I saw that a lot of people along with me, were having frequent program crashes. Maybe everything has changed with the program over the past year since I stopped using AM, and Hash has stopped blaming all of the users problems on their computers. From Martin Hash's attitued in general, I doubt it. I say buy it at your own risk, and be prepared for a STEEP learning curve.

Glen Wilson ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2002 at 5:45 PM

Basically Hash isn't looking too good then is it? But Poser still needs to move on I think. I wasn't looking for a vicky/michael quality model, just something to persuade me that Poser can compete with the big guys. The Pro add on isn't it. I would have thought that CL would off read the various wish lists and gone from there. At its price, it is a fantastic piece of software. But Premier it aint. And it could be.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.