Sat, Sep 21, 11:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Morph targets....?

wipe ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2002 at 1:35 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

I have been modelling quite a bit in Max and came up with some really nice heads. I found myself thinking they would look well morphed onto a poser figure. Is there any way to save a head created in Max(as an obj) so that I can use it as a poser head morph target? Assuming the number of vertices are the same in both of course. Anyone?

Wampyir ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2002 at 3:25 PM

I don't know anything about 3D Max, but I have the Tailor for Poser, which is specifically for sharing morph targets between models. I'm almost positive you could do it with that. You can buy the Tailor in the Marketplace (not affiliated with the product, btw, just someone who likes it.)

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2002 at 1:22 AM

wipe - the heads hacve to have EXACTLY the same nunber of vertices as the corresponding head in Poser. If so there's a chance. The best way to do this is to start off with the Poser head in the first place and use it in the 3d app as a base, but without add/subtracting vertices, only moving them. Wampyir - have you succeeded in moving MTs between different figures in Tailor? How? :] FIshNose

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2002 at 4:00 AM

You might ask in the MAX formu. I believe I remember that the number of vertices and the ordering has to match. I'd bet that you have to start with Poser geometry though.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Wampyir ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2002 at 10:13 AM

Fishnose: I've been able to move morph targets between the P4 woman and Victoria P4. I've also been able to move targets from Stephanie to Victoria clothing. As far as moving targets from Stephanie to Victoria, for example, I haven't tried that one yet.

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2002 at 12:18 PM

Cool! But I thought the 2 figures had to coincide exactly - one conform to the other... :] FishNose

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2002 at 1:39 AM

They HAVE to have the SAME number of vertices. o.k. BYE if you download(ed) UBMAPPER you can load the obj in and check the number of vertices. it also gives you a quick visual representation of the geometry. i understand there's also some conversion possible with uv mapper but being stoopid and impatient i haven't learned all that it can do. o.k. this time i meant it - BYE

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.