Fri, Sep 20, 4:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Saving Render Window to File

Jiia ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 3:00 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:48 PM

I'm trying to make a tedious task less tedious while rendering characters for a video game. What I do is place a character in the scene, set the Aux camera to the correct view, and load in the animations for the character. After this is all set up, I have to render each frame in the animation, rotate the figure Body by -45, then repeat until I go through all 8 directions. I've tried like hell to write this in python, but I'm having trouble. When I use the scene.SaveImage() method, it saves the scene view, and not the window that popped up to be rendered. Is there a way to save the rendered window instead? Also, is it possible to close that window after each save? Thanks for any help, I will really appreciate it. Jiia

markdc ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2002 at 6:29 PM

No to both questions. Just render to the main window and save from there.

diegos ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 2:56 PM

Markdc, do you know how to setup the main windows to a higher resolution? because if I render to the main window the max res I can set up is 1000x700 px.

markdc ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 5:24 PM

Unfortunately you are limited to the max resolution of the main window. I've complained to CL about this. Maybe they'll fix this in Poser5.

diegos ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 5:43 PM

One more thing to wait for P5! Many thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.