Sat, Sep 21, 4:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: BoyScot Bryce 5!!! Tell them what you expected them to include in it.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2002 at 4:27 PM

Lol, he was on a mission, baby!

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

humorix ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 1:26 AM

It seemed almost sinful to miss out on the longest thread in bryce forum (that I have come across, other then the voting for last challenge!) Dont have anything more to add, but all the posts definitely made delightful reading!:-P Loved the passion displayed, the bit of US history thrown in, lessons in economics, quest for the holy grail of perfect products, the gladitorial duel of animation v/s still images...all we needed was somebody to run off with somebody's wife (or vice versa)!!! Have half a mind to convert it into a script for a booleaned/metaballed soap opera!!! :-P Great going guys! Boy scout v/s Boy scot v/s Boycott v/s bouy scotts!!! :-P Can I have spell check in my next Bryce?? :-))

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 5:03 AM

Let's put it like this: I wouldn't mind if there was an animation-importfunctions. I don't think I'd use it very often since I don't really use poser and stuff like that to much, but then again if it's there then I might grow into using it often. But I wouldn't boycott bryce if it isn't there in the next version(s). Also I'm proud to tell you all that all your wishlists have been mailed DIRECTLY to Conan Hunter, the Program Manager of Bryce. If I get any news on Bryce 6 I'll post it at the Forum. I asked him to tell me if any of the suggested new features where added to the new version of Bryce 6.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 5:53 AM

Cool, but do us a favor...put it in a new thread, lol. ;oI would kill to know what new things are coming up, you probably won't get everything out of him, Beta-testers have signed an NDA, so they, at least, are not talking.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 6:08 AM

THey need a Laser Lab, and a Lightning Lab. They need to replace EVERYTHING EVER MADE with it's own Lab, so you'll never have to leave again. Stay home.

Man O' War ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 9:19 PM

Apart from the slow renderings, whether three minutes or longer, check out the sparkling that occurs from the texture lab. There's an incredible amount of movement. Going to additional AA only removes the texture and requires much added time. Bryce is great for stills and for short, rough animations; anything else and you have to pay more. manwar 30 frames/second NTSC at 30 seconds = 900 seconds x 3 minutes = 2700 minutes / 60 minutes/hr = 45 hours So how about 15 frames/sec and a render farm:)

Enforcer ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 9:26 PM

I wasn't following the wich list or this thread closely, but it appears that something missed in the wishlist was "Glow". I'd like to have materials that emit light of their own, like lasers and neon signs. It's not the easiest effect to fake in Bryce now, and the last time I tried it increased render time almost ten fold. I don't mind the rendertime increase as much as the work it took to fake the glow. :)

humorix ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2002 at 12:28 PM

In case the Scots were to be induced to make sartorial changes, may I recommend the pontoon as against the pantaloon? I wonder what new dressing up Corel will give to Bryce though? The way it looks, Ill be getting Maya plus at less than 300$ and Bryce will finish rendering before I can spell r-e-n-d-u-h-!-r. Guess the spell check will come in as an ester egg, when one presses alt+ctrl+del! :-P Howz this for pithy text AJ??? Do you think I made the grades in copy writing? And so as not to harm any animals, I strongly recommend that we all depend on digitizers and Keyboard and leave the mouse for the Pied Piper! :-P

ajtooley ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2002 at 7:29 AM

Hee, hee, Humorix. I've been thinking of asking Corel to throw in a free laser-prototyping machine with each copy of Bryce 6, so we can model in REAL 3D --no more of this silly rendering to screen. Heck, they might as well with some of these wishes and expectations! Oh, and I still want it to cost less than $300! As for your copywriting, I give you a good solid B! No mice were harmed in the making of this post.

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2002 at 10:23 AM

I merely responded they way I did Waldo because you were so rude about it. You don't boycott a company because they don't give the features you want...come now..just seems stupid to me. Also very rude response to me...I wasn't invited? LOL. Whatever man. Anyway...keep Brycing... Cheers, Brian

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 12:51 PM

Attached Link: http://66.70.166.29/animation/mike2.MPG

Im a " former " bryce die hard who now only uses it to make sky animations that i map onto background planes in cinema 4DXL 7 ( because cinemas and Lightwaves sky generators are weak!!) and quick texture/bump maps .

i think its totally UNACCEPTABLE to ask the individual Bryce user who owns one computer to wait 4
days for a single frame hi res image..

Corel should first Dump this ten year Old Render engine and have a new one written for by Cebas, the people who wrote Cinema 4DXL hi speed radiosty raytracer.
I also think any seriouscharacter animator who is looking for a good host for his poser animations should be saving up for Cinema 4DXl or Light wave3D.
both apps are Down around $1300 these days.

My website

YouTube Channel

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Sun, 19 May 2002 at 1:00 PM

Personally, I think that they render time is worth the wait.

Tirjasdyn

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 3:23 AM

Cinema 4D delivers exelent renders too, and can often be even better than Bryce and it's a whole lot faster. So I agree with the need for a new render-engine.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 5:50 AM

Bryce does a good job for rendering backgrounds fair at animation but gets a zero for import/exportability. But I knew that going in and unless they add certain functions(waterfall/wave lab exportability) I am still happy with 3.1 for what it is. (You know when I wanted poser I had to go through 3 out of business companys before I found them - and thus found bryce too. At that point I had a good idea what was going on and have always looked for a demo before buying any product that has a history with fractal designs.) All that out of the way it's still good at what it does do. Message671410.jpg caveot emptus (or something like that)

cshaftoe ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 11:49 AM

Attached Link: http://uk.geocities.com/bryster3d

Never mind animation import - if Bryce has anything wrong with it it's the enormously long render time issue that needs to be addressed! Bryce Lightning is not going to help matters if you have only one pc!

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 4:48 PM

Well there's some college boys out there in some of those high buck universities who think that its now possable to do real time 6 degree of freedom games in bryce-like quality. (like to have one of the super computers they're using.) - EOT for me Message671410.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.