Wed, Oct 2, 11:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Foot fetish?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 10:55 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 10:40 PM

Alright, here's what I'ma doin'. Got Poser 4.0.3 on Monday, read the Poser 4 User Guide cover to cover, and did the tutorials (Great stuff to get started). Anyway, playing with some other tutorials, especially animation, before getting down to more complicated stuff. Setup the P4 Male figure, added a walk path, designed a walk, and did some other nifty stuff (walking-and-chewing-gum-at-the-same-time stuff). The whole time, the guy's naked, bereft of cloths, hanging in the breeze. So, put some clothes on him. Great, conformed nicely and looks good after hiding the genitalia. Now come the shoes. I create the right shoe, select it, and conform it. But, noooo, it goes right to the crotch, every single time. On the other hand, er, foot, the left shoe conforms nicely, but, as he walks his walk, the shoe is doing its own dance around the foot. All I can say is, "What the frig!?" Is this a known problem? How do I fix it? Please, Help!!! Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 11:19 PM

Which shoes, which figure,(P4NM?) IK on or off for each figure?, and might you have accidentially conformed one of the shoes to the figure's clothes rather than to the figure itself? The fact that the left shoe behaves differently from the right is highly unusual.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 11:30 PM

The first thing to do upon loading a figure, ANY figure, is to get rid of the d@mned IK!!! It is in the clothing and shoes as well as the people. IK will cause the shoes to fly into the crotch, props to misbehave, and hair to load halfway to New Jersey and at a cocked angle besides. Get rid of the IK nd resave your figures, and most of these problems won't appear again. Carolly

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 11:32 PM

Exactly, P4 Nude Man. DocL and DocR for the shoes (Figures: Clothing - Male). Also tried the Running shoes, did the same thing. IK is turned on for the L & R legs on P4NM (Figure 1), but IK=off doesn't help either. Conformed the shoes to Figure 1. I know what you mean. It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe should have dressed him before animating him? Just tried the Sandals, and they worked. (???) Could there be a corruption in the install or something? Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 11:35 PM

Ah, hauksdottir!! I thought I saw those shoes in New Joisey, too. :) Cool. Will take your advice on this! Kuroyume

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2002 at 11:44 PM

I checked the Sandals; no IK. I checked the Docs; IK. Hmmm.... Thanks everyone!!! BTW, I'm new here and your responses are highly appreciated. Although I have a 2D art background, good knowledge about computer 3D graphics (from programming real-time 3D engines, mainly), and some experience in 3D modelling, this stuff still leaves me in awe. Some of the Poser artwork that I've seen is SPECTACULAR!! and is helping to inspire me to learn the tools and tricks, and, most of all, ask questions and seek answers instead of guessing. Look forward to many questions and, hopefully, someday, my experience will allow me to be as helpful. Kuroyume

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 24 May 2002 at 7:02 PM

It's an odd feeling, flying back east and seeing a wing-tipped oxford skipping over the clouds... Some modelers turn the IK on, and some don't... and even the best modelers aren't consistent about using it. It might have something to do with how far up the leg or arm the object goes as to whether it needs an IK chain at all for anything. Thigh-high boots probably have differest requirements from sneakers. I just got PhilC's CD on making clothing from scratch, but got sidetracked on some textures. (Otherwise, I might have a better answer for you.) There are lots of folks here who can help, because we've all faced the same problems at some point. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.