Tue, Oct 22, 9:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: The BBN is Here! The BBN is Here!

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 9:53 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:55 AM

Attached Link: Goodies!

wohoo, finally! er, okay, so you don't know what a bbn is, right? for those who missed the great norn discussion, the bbn is 'bloodsong's basic norn,' which is an artificial life form (NOT related to anything norse!) by creature labs (NOT curious labs). http://www.creaturelabs.com/ i made the poser norn to make it easier to create new breed sprites for the game, but if you're not into the game... heck, i dunno; it's a nifty creature for your collection. feed it to your dragon or something! well... *I*'m happy it's done! :) the norn takes all standard poses and works with the walk designer. it also has its own customized hair library to make the standard poser hair fit it, and some new hair props. if you're trying to reach 3d menagerie and can't find it, please use the ip address. http://209.15.136.215/index-goo.htm

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 9:56 AM

heyas; oh, i want to make sure it is compatible with poser 3. if you have p3 and want to test, and possibly help convert it (if needed), please let me know. thanks :)

lgrant ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:17 AM

I just tried it in Poser 3...seems to work like a champ. Of course you get the "Version is newer than expected" message, but it doesn't cause any problems. I tried moving the eyes and ears and jaw...they all work fine. The norn even seems to work with the standard poses. (You haven't lived, till you've see a norn doing an arabesque!) All the hair works, and stays on when the norn moves around. The thatch doesn't move with the norn, but I suspect that's the nature of Poser 3. There doesn't seem to be any option to parent objects to figures in Poser 3. BTW...it you make any texture maps for the norn, remember that Poser 3 seems to like only TIF files for maps. Lynn Grant Castle Development Group

Jackson ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:25 AM

The little guy (gal?) looks great. Thanks!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:29 AM

He is great, thank you so much...Sharen :-)

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:35 AM

WOOHOO!!!!!!! our first poser Norn, I got him/her, now for sume fun Thanks Bloodsong Rob

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:39 AM

What a cutie! This is why my Poser directory gets so big...so much fun stuffage out there!!! Marque

Greebo ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:53 AM

Oh wow! A Poser Norn. I was totally hooked on Creatures, then I discovered Poser. Oh dear, two addictions in one now. l

KattMan ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 11:42 AM

Yeah I had creatures running for a year total, can't remember how many generations that was. THis is a great addition to the Poser figures. Great Work Bloodsong!

cinnamon ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 12:08 PM

thank you Bloodsong. He is so very cute!!

KattMan ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 12:30 PM

Now how about a grendle and an ettin?

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 12:46 PM

how about a grettin or a grenorn, I got all 3 games, don't use them often tho cause of poser. Rob

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 12:58 PM

Oh super, hope it doesn't mean I'll be tempted to put creatures back on the PC, but this sure is good. thankyou

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 2:33 PM

Aaaw. Cool Blood :) I bred a set of green with purple mohawk mutant desert norns a while back. Cute lil suckers. And of course - what a nifty new way to make new sprites. I am not loading creatures again. sigh I need a new harddrive.

Roy G ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 2:50 PM

It's totally AWSOME Bloodsong! My only criticism is the path in the ZIP file includes a Poser Directory and mine is named Poser 4. But once it's installed it Works Extremely well. Most of my Poses for the P4 characters work perfectly.

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 2:55 PM

file_10573.jpg

I started on a texture soon as I got him installed properly, not a great texture yet but if I can give him enough of my time who knows.... Rob

Roy G ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 3:21 PM

file_10574.jpg

This is the best Free character I ever downloaded. And I download almost everything.

Thanks again Bloodsong!

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 3:44 PM

file_10575.jpg

here's another slightly different coloured norn, I hacked the male1 hair file and changed it to kozaburo's hair, I'm gonna look into making some fur tomorrow, my kids love our little norn, I think I'll be installing him on their pc tomorrow too. Rob

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 4:43 PM

Sooo many ideas for him already... can't wait to get to rendering! Thanks!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 4:45 PM

heyas; glad you guys are having fun! :) yes, the bbn takes all standard poses, and works with the walk designer, too! thanks for checking in p3, lynn. i'm pretty sure you can parent props in p3, though..... it should be under object:set parent (or is it change parent)? or ctrl-i for properties? also, dunno if you found this, there's a 'no cornea' morph for the eyes so you you can see the eyeball in p3 with no transparency. hmmm, i guess i should've done a jaw shrink morph, too, in case it sticks out of the morphed head. but it should be okay for now. :)

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 5:37 PM

Not to be greedy (okay, so I am, LOL!), how about a sexy female of his kind, with bright red lips maybe? Just look how lonely he is as only one of his kind!!!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Strangechilde ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 5:46 PM

Norn? What is this Norn? Somebody explain! In ignorance, -Strange

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 5:57 PM

well... for those of your who downloaded the bbn and DIDNT TELL ME the texture template and base were missing... well, you can get them now. if you want em, they're not that important. they're here: 209.15.136.215/goodies/3d/BBN-T.GIF 209.15.136.215/goodies/3d/BBN-0.GIF okay, they're not showing up right now, but they will in a few. i'm outta here!

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 6:01 PM

ps: strangechilde, search the poser forum messaes for.... drat, now what did hauks call her post? search for norn, or search for my name, she might have put that on the topic.

Strangechilde ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 6:12 PM

'Kay! It is awfully cute...

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 6:54 PM

Actually, a search on "Grendel" should get him there. We were talking about "Geats", another unusual word. I didn't initiate the post, but someone (you?) asked what geats and norns and such looked like, IIRC. There will be a new entry in my forthcoming "Cooking with Dragons" book: Shiska-Norna-Kebab. Carolly

smerc ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 7:18 PM

Neato Bloodsong. Norns are great. keeping them alive tho...I also don't have any house plants :) smerc

KattMan ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 7:29 PM

I used to do wolfling runs all the time. Got to make sure you have smart norns to start with, and a lot of them. Lets them learn the language from each other much easier.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 8:53 PM

file_10576.jpg

Thanks, bloodsong! Sabrina and your norn make a cute couple ... although 'Brina thinks he really should wear pants in public. ![happy.gif](http://indigo.ie/~owenc/happy.gif)

lgrant ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 8:55 PM

Sure enough....Edit/Properties or Ctrl-I brings up the parenting window....I never thought to look there. Didn't know it was s'posed to have a texture :-)

LeeEvans ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:22 AM

Okay.. someone else stole my idea!!! (just kidding, but I was attempting it myself!) Bloodsong... I don't suppose you have something akin to a "tutorial" on what you did to complete this do you?? My partner and I have been toying around with the idea of creating a new norn ourselves, but got seriously lost in all the stuff out there.. If you have it. would love to know the steps you took! (very interested!) -Lee

LeeEvans ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 4:09 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_10577.jpg

Hey Bloodsong... I LOVE YOUR NORN!!!

I downloaded the lil guy/gal a couple of hours ago, and started making a texture...

Here's what I have so far.. (all I need to do now is make the eyes!)

I call him/her Blueberry...

Lemme know what you think...

-Lee

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 8:46 AM

cool! well, lee, i just followed the typical figure creation procedure. actually, the norn is going to be featured in my poser figure creation book as a sample/practice figure. if you mean how i actually modelled it; i used lightwave.... there's some preview pics over at the 3d commune character creators forum. look for 'the norn that explains it all' thread. lee, i'm still working on how to use the bbn and poser to create sprite files for new breeds. if you can help out there, that'd be great! i did a test animation of the right forearm, and it worked out fairly well, except for the end of the elbow (especially the hole when other body parts are turned invisible), and the fact that the sprite editor read all the frames upside down and backwards. blueberry is sweet :) she looks like a she. and whaddya mean the norn should wear pants in public, sabrina? YOU aren't! ;D actually, hauks, you started a new thread in response to that thread, to explain the history of the geats and everything. i just can't remember what you called it. :)

LeeEvans ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 12:46 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=7475

Bloodsong.. I was referring to using the poser figure to create the sprites.. I haven't the foggiest idea on how to do that part.. :) I bought the cartoon rabit made by Brycetech a while back for this purpose.... But never really got how to use it to create the sprites. :( There is a forum for Norn creating off of the creature labs site, that explains some of it, but like I said... I just got confused on the process... LOL Here's the link to the CDN... http://www.creaturelabs.com/cdn/

LeeEvans ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 1:56 PM

file_10578.jpg

BTW... Here is BlueBerry with the eyes finished... also using the Thatch hair prop... (Lighting provided by the FREE RDNA light set!) -Lee

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 4:40 PM

whaddya mean the norn should wear pants in public, sabrina? YOU aren't! ;D

grin

Sabrina pants #1
Sabrina pants #2

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2002 at 6:40 PM

heyas; oh that's killer, lee! that's my thatch hair? gee, looks a lot better than i remember! :) right, the sprite-making bit. yes, i've been bugging them at the cdn forums, there. well, what i figure so far is to turn the unused body parts invisible. Then shoot animation frames with the body part in question in the correct position. basically what i did was create a 16 frame animation, and imported the chichi sprite's 16 arm positions as backgrounds (one for each frame), and positioned my arm over it. then rendered the 'movie' to 16 numbered files, and i had that. but that's all i've gotten through so far. i have to figure out how to automate everything a bit more. look at my creature page on bloodsong.warped.com/creature/ and you'll see an outline of my plan..... well... sabrina ain't wearing pants in public in the picture where she's telling the norn to wear pants in public! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.