Sun, Oct 6, 11:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Hide Dawk's Gen From PZ2 ?

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2002 at 8:06 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 9:22 AM

I am tying to make a pose file to hide every body part except the arms and collars. I tested it on Posette and everything worked fine. I tested it on the Dawk and it worked EXCEPT for the genitals, which remain visible in spite of the lines; actor genital:1 { off } I have just spent the last 3 hours experimenting, and have run out of ideas. Does anyone know how to hide the P4 Nude Man's wedding tackle, from a pose file?

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2002 at 3:57 AM

there's a seperate hip cr2(?) for genitals in dork isn't there? did you remember to turn off genitals in the figure dropdown menu ? Message671424.jpg other than that I dunno?

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2002 at 4:01 AM

sudden thought. Why do you want to do this?

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2002 at 6:21 PM

Bikermouse, It seems that the default Dawk geometry (blNudeMan_Gen.obj) has the genitals, and there is a subsidiary hip (blHipNoGen.obj) that is brought in when you un-tick the genitalia option in the figures menu, but I don't know enough about PZ2 editing to exploit this, and I don't understand why, if the genitals are part of the default geometry, they don't hide with actor genital:1 { off }

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 12 June 2002 at 6:28 PM

Why? Those who seek knowledge have their reasons, they would be too long and complex to enumerate here.

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 12:14 AM

I read something about this - it's just the way they did it in poser 2. They didn't bother to change it in more recent versions for some reason. If you don't want to tell me ok - but the only reason I ask is I think I know what you were trying to do and was going to sugguest another way,but I'm not going to second guess you. - good rendering

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 10:13 AM

What I am trying to do is hide all the body parts, except the arms and collars by the application of a pose file. Why do I want to DO it ? So that I will know HOW to do It. Why do I want to know HOW to do it. So that I can DO it. Why do I want to DO it? Sow that I will know HOW to do it. I am not trying to be obtuse, knowledge is an end in its self, it needs no justification, I could write several hundred pages on why I want to do it and still not have exhausted the subject, that would be wasting my time and yours, why I want to do it is irrelevant, the only important point is that I do, in the end the simple explanation is that I want to know.

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 3:12 PM

You know I think there's a tutorial floating around here somewhere. that I think shows you how how to do this. Has to do with getting rid of nipples belly buttons and (heaven forbid), genitals. Might search the poser tuts section under "heros","turning off","bellybuttons", or something like that. Message671410.jpg Meantime - take a walk, enjoy the fresh air, unwind.

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 11:01 PM

Thanks, will check it out.

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2002 at 11:33 PM

darn still cab't remember where I read that tut, but it may be in animotions (formally 3d comic book collective.)

daveH ( ) posted Sun, 16 June 2002 at 6:32 AM

hmm ... this mention of "heros" "nipples" & "bellybuttons" sounds awful familiar ... i think you might be referring to my tutorial "poser custom modelmakers' guide", where i explain how to remove that stuff from a sample figure i named "myhero".

unfortunately it won't be of any help since it shows how to remove that stuff directly from the model's geometry using a 3rd-party modeller, not hide them from within poser. and the tutorial covers v3 and later, not 2. (tho i can't say it wouldn't work for v2).

the tutorial can be found at aarrgghh.com/poser.

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 16 June 2002 at 8:02 AM

Oh well, thanks Dave. Perhaps lesbentley will be inspired by it anyway.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.