Fri, Sep 20, 12:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: How many of you fractalists are night owls?

FractalGrrl ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 2:24 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:45 PM

Well, I'm one; always have been, no matter how much I've wanted to change it throughout my life. Since I post my fracs at night, I tend to notice who else is posting, and it seems I'm not alone. IMO, there is something about rendering fractals that lends itself to nighttime and the quiet (or, like now, I'm watching Shreck as I type this). Who else? :) Tina

BlueRose ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 3:44 AM

We had a discussion a few weeks ago about what kind of ambience we like (time of day, music etc) and overwhelmingly came to the conclusion that late at night was the most popular time. Various reasons as to why (after work, after kids have gone to bed etc) But yes Ive been known to stay up till at least midnight rendering on the odd occasion :) (usually chatting on ICQ at the time LOL)

abmlober ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 6:49 AM

Some of my last posts were finished when the birds started to sing in the morning :-)

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 7:27 AM

Uh..Uh..Umm...No Comment

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 7:51 AM

Ummm. Here is a penny for thought... What if??? The Earth was 1.8 X the size that it is now???? Uh??? o boy thats a hard one Umm.Earth has a polar Radius of 6356752.3141 Meters...& a ground mass of5.974210^24 Kg's so this new Earth#2 would have a ground mass of 1.07535610^25Kg's and the Polar Rad would be 11442157.17Meters This means that if Earth2 had similar properties of that of the Earth1 it would spin slower and have a longer orbital trajectory due to it's increased size and stuff. Uh... Think of the 2 guy's comming to dinner...one is earth1 and the other is earth#2....Then after you have a couple of drinks Earth1 starts talking about suicide & leather...Well I would imagine that you would say Oh my??? I wish Earth2 and I were having a good time???some where else!!!!!So Uh??? in conclusion I guess that some of us are night persons and some are day persons...

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 7:59 AM

Uh actualy that was not what I ment to say. I think since I am not far from 40 that I don't need as much sleep??? Uh????Cause I know that I like/enjoy the night in it's time span and I like/enjoy daytime in its grand light... Plus abmlober has a perfect rarity that I would bet most people don't have...Birds...aka SongBirds..ect I think that birds are an important presence in the day but I guess that some people just don't ever notice them flying around like little organic flying machines...

firefly ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 10:04 AM

hehehe, another night person here. I usually berate myself all the way to bed between 1 and 2 am on weeknights. The berating is because I have to be up at 6:00am for work. Needless to say, my butt and mind are usually dragging on the ground most mornings for the fist hour! I've always been night oriented and have found that living in a "day" oriented world is difficult and frustrating. Even if I don't have to getup for work I can never truly relax until nightfall.

Cdeery ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 2:13 PM

I am definitely a fractal night owl...usually awake til 1am - 2am. Then I must force myself to go to sleep. I more often reserve the daylight hours for more traditional artwork, ie painting, sculpture, or 2D digital using the wacom. I find that in the later hours, it is more relaxing to create fractal art, as it does not require the same hand/eye coordination as other types of art.

abmlober ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 3:16 PM

Oh, Arista, the birds are outside my house... I don't have them, I just hear them. When the night is gone during my Screen play, I am probably not able to see them anymore (the birds I mean...).
:-)

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 6:22 PM

Ooops.. I'm sorry I didn't get my sad picture out the way that I was trying to presentt...Ok... City's are so beautiful{The Downtown Area's}Uh??? one example you may have seen is Liechtenstein.This is the home of one of my vendor's.Well !!! at the corporation headquarters there are courtyards/tables&chairs with nice trees and no bird trapping/killing devices. So,the square contains a real population of songbirds...and the employees can go out to the courtyard and have lunch or take in a breather/relaxation time. Well this is going to sound a little out of tune.But,I like to watch them interact with there surroundings...A big factor to there surroundings are these populations of song birds they fly around,eat,have little birdlings,and so on... An oddity where I live is that I have the most awesome sound bed of song birds...They sing as to so that I cant believe that they are from this part of the country?????I did a study on the communication of the song bird without even studying there brain first/cracking it's head...?? I was so exact that I became proud of my self & I knocked the chore out in about 2hrs. I came up with a cool wavelength compression tool just for a/any song bird...at least I had something to work with...He..He.. I love song birds about 5 in tha morning!!! I get a manly rush out of the nature you Jane me Tarzan type thing??? To each there own...

SAH ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 9:15 PM

Whatever it is that AristaProductionLab is using for midnight munchies, I WANT some. I'll be up until 3am waiting.... ;-)

firefly ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 11:35 PM

hehehe, SAH!! I agree with Arist about the songbirds though. I love them when I take lunch at work in the part, I love them when they sing me to sleep between 4 and 5 am on weekends. I also have 4 birds inside with me and they sing to me when I get home from work and sing some more when I talk/sing back to them. Yes, birds are a magical signaling element in my life day or night.

SAH ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2002 at 11:56 PM

All 3 cats in my house agree-- they LOVE songbirds, too! (And so do I...)

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 2:19 AM

Attached Link: http://www.acidsky.com/downloads.html

Hey Crew has anyone been to this site??? I thought that it was awesome...as soon as I get something's done around here I wont be working in art...Though I just restored my intranet computer and am ready to rock&roll chores come first... Can you believe tha nerve of hackers??? I found a Microsoft codec re-rough in my user config file???This gives the criminal a back door into your computer through your codecs.I know that this sound darn crazy and all but it was written by a criminal hacker that had a large parallel computer???? I know that it wasn't any software that I down loaded{Like Fractal Programs} because I used certcheck and several other Microsoft device checker to make sure that a program that I install is going to work and not glitch out on me...I found out a while back when I did a survey of the WWW's crystallography software from all of the University's around the world that there were hack bugs in the software...a real pain in tha pennyworth?? Well anyway this site is bad to the big toe !!! I am dieing to have the time to work in this thing... It is an L-System generator for Bryce & other's...

FractalGrrl ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 3:00 AM

Steven, I'll take some of those muchies, too, please. :) Arista, how does one know if they have one of those codec thingies on their compy? In layman's terms, please -- you seem very left-brained, whereas I'm very right-brained, and not as technically savvy as I'd like. It's nice to know I have so much company at night, I'm sometimes up until 5 or 6am out here in CA. Abmlober, I agree re: the birds. Since we moved to apartments, all I hear are pigeons now, and I miss our songbirds and the bluejay and hawks, eagles and owls that called the land we lived on 'home.'

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 10:07 AM

Well, since I work nights, daytime is my nighttime--noon is almost exactly midnight for me, so I make art while the sun is shining... :)
And yes, there are plenty of birds chirping away outside my computer room right now, as it's nesting season. But they do get annoying when I'm trying to sleep (shoot them little buggers! kablam!) Well, that's what earplugs are meant for.

quitesureI'msoundingenormouslysilly....

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 4:29 PM

WOW... Fudge !!! my English comp has hit the fan? I'm glad I don't talk like I compose...Oh WOW...I just got a computer program for voice commands on the computer...works pretty good.But I think game commander has a better recognition... Ok crew if you all are fibbing about those song birds I am going to go without coke & popcorn for a week... re; FractalGirl: Uh... well I don't wont to tell you? Because you must have the Midas touch...The only way to get educated as a "Midas Touch IT Professional" is to preview the video entitled: "How to train for the video purchase entitled; "What to do when you are thinking about purchasing the training video entitled; "Thinking about the ole Midas Touch and how to make the purchase for the video entitled"The Midas Touch IT course for the beginner thinking about making the purchase of the twelve volume set." Don't forget that the 12 volume set is the full library of the coarse. P.S. I almost went out to a convention in Ca.{Sandyeggo}!#@? re; Firefly: Uh.. "Lunch in tha part"???Hmm??? I don't think I have ever been to any part's for lunch???? I am sure though that the cuisine would be excellent. Well gota go watch "Men in Black"!#@? The beginning of the movie is to die for? That's the spirit RosmaryR take that jump out of PG-13??? Kill'em All...

SeanPratz ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2002 at 11:52 PM

I would go all day long if I could, but alas, I haven't reached the point where fractalling pays the bills. Still, I work at home on the computer, so I tend to "reward" myself every half hour or so by adding another layer to whatever I'm working on at the time. Often I can't stop rewarding myself until 4 or 5 AM. (And no, that's not a euphemism for anything unsavory.) I can tweak all day long on one picture and still tell myself I'm "working." :)

AristaProductionLab ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2002 at 1:43 AM

What about work all week and not have anything to show for it & not be able to remember what it was that you did. But, you knew that it was good & you had fun???

tolstoy ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2002 at 12:50 PM

I am definitely a night owl. My creative juices start to flow when the sun goes down. I am glad I am now retired and don't have to get up before noon or even later.

firefly ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2002 at 1:23 AM

re: The part.... Arista, sometimes I swear the chaos from my fractals spills over to my keyboard! (giggles)

pennylane ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 1:44 PM

uh oh, i'm way late on this one... i work all day, so can't do this then, i come home to 3 teenagers and all their wants and needs, can't do it then, that leaves me with my favorite time of day... from about 10pmish 'til about 2amish.. i can't remember a time even back to my teens, when this wasn't my personal time... and that 4 hours of sleep every night would definitely explain why my middle name is bitch laughing

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.