Thu, Sep 19, 11:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Available in freestuff...

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 4:23 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=Spanki

file_15650.jpg

This is just a reminder that my "Scantily Clad Armor II - Sampler Pack" is still available in freestuff (click on link above, then scroll down to my freestuff section).

This is a Low-res version (pictured on top, above) of the Breastplate smart prop included in the retail package (pictured on bottom). It doesn't have the morphs included in the retail package, but should still be useful ;).

Cheers,

• Keith

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Bebop_ ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 4:41 PM

Looks very nice. How about making the hi res version free too? Then your message would be justifiably be in the Poser forum rather than the Product Showcase forum Peace and Love

MissTara ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 4:42 PM

If the hi res version was free, would there really be a need for a lo res version? Except maybe for people with very slow computers or something. That wasn't a very nice thing to say to someone offering a fewwbie. :( This is very generous of you to offer this freebie, Keith. Thanks. :)

MissTara ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 4:43 PM

Errr... fewwbie = freebie. LOL

Bebop_ ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 4:48 PM

It wasn't a criticism MT just a suggestion. I've already downloaded the low res version and I'm doing a texture map for it. It would look a lot better though if the tex map was on the hi res version.

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 5:00 PM

Thanks... I'm promoting the freebie (or fewwbie) here ;). I look forward to seeing your texture(s) (I think I put some texturing tips in the readme).

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 5:03 PM

Hmm I just checked.. they're not really much in the way of texturing tips. =(

Bebop_ ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 5:07 PM

Hi spanki any texturing tips would be useful. The template I got from using UV mapper is a little awkward

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 5:23 PM

...I was just skimming through the retail readme. Here's some relevent tips snipped from there... Rim/Studs/Trim and Strap/Band: ------------------------------ For the most part, these materials are spread out to just use as much of a texture as possible - this is to facilitate the use of reflection maps and most 'generalized' textures (textures with no specific shaping to fit a UV map). Armor/Metal: ------------ Hmm.. this section mostly doesn't make sense unless you have the full package. Basically, if you remove the Rim/Trim and Collar materials from the template (hide them in UVMapper), you'll see the breastplate more clearly. Then maybe save out a seperate map for the collars. The reason they are all overlapping is to allow you to use generic textures (like an animal hide or a rusty metal) without even messing with a template. Does this help any?

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 5:25 PM

"...without even messing with a template." ..otherwise, I'd recomend one template for the armor, one for the collars and just use a reflection map and/or material colors for the rim.

Poppi ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 7:11 PM

There's a really cool tutorial by Xurge, of the "Body Jewels" fame on how to make your own scanty armor. That's where Pokeydots learned how to make her dress in the freestuff....You guys might have some fun checking it out. Oh...doh...it's over and runtimedna. (You need rhino for the tute...but, download the demo...it is fully functional...and, gives 25 saves...if you use the contour tool, and save the contours...you can make vicki/mike clothing to your hearts' content.) also, thip has posted a base figure for both vicki and mike in freestuff....very similar to what is given, here...only hi res.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 7:28 PM

This is great, thanks, Spanki!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 7:29 PM

Actually, unless Thip posted something in the past few days (or I missed somethng), his Vicky one is for sale at Renderotica (I bought it there)... in fact, the top mesh you see above IS based on his mesh (I re-worked it a bit) ;). I just put a few additional meshes in free stuff the other day (follow the same link I posted up top)... the new ones didn't use Thip's mesh though.

Poppi ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 7:32 PM

it was a week or so ago, he put it up. i KNEW that looked familiar....just do a search, here, in the forum...type in Thip...you will find his free "base" mesh. :*)

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 7:43 PM

I just got back from doing that search in free stuff ;) .. it's not there, but I'll look around some more.

Poppi ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 8:02 PM

sorry...i made a mistake...that is spelled...thip...small t...i wanted to amend my message, but, my lights went out for a bit...i live in south florida. it is hurricane season...we have been having storms every day for the last 23 days....groan....okay, i will look, too. he may have removed them due to the new daz policies. but, i doubt it.

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 8:08 PM

I think shadowcat may have been hosting those files and had a problem with his host. Thip's got some other neat stuff here though ;). Of course this is all off-topic... but thanks for the heads-up anyway ;).

Poppi ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 8:18 PM

okay...the files i was talking about are at www.poserstyle.com. i forgot...thip is very active in that site. and, no...before my lights pop off again...it is not off topic....more, and more folks are getting into "grow your own.."...err..that should be "model your own". just go to poserstyle and you will find a link to both of them....geeze, the fun stuff i do in my off time. :*)

Netherworks ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2002 at 9:58 PM

Thanks so much Spanki, it looks cool. Its not like you posted a link to the Marketplace anyway ;)

CAD-MAN ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 12:41 AM

Great modelling work! Very nice! Thank you very much! :0)

mon1alpha ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2002 at 9:44 AM

Scanty armour!!!! Pah! It's not as scanty as I can imagine..... ;-) anyway, thanks for your time and effort, I shall put it to use and send a piccy
Mon
ps: of course it'd be nice if you gave away
Poser 5.............What?!! I only made a suggestion, there's no need to be abusive

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.