Tue, Oct 22, 4:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Harassment

Blooddoll ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 4:08 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:21 AM

It seems that one of our fellow rosity members has taken to harassing another whether its from embarrassment or what I dont know but I think a stop needs to be put to it. here's the situation. Steffyzz accuses Bobbie25 of stealing her Asia texture and trying to pass it off as her own. Its quite obvious to everyone else but steffyzz that this texture is not Asia. However Steffyzz gets Bobbies25's personal website shutdown until rosity steps in as a mediator and agrees that the texture Bobbie25 is using is NOT Asia. (it looks nothing alike Asia is clearly a digital photo and the other is clearly painted) NOW Steffyzz has accused Bobbie25 of stealing B-Gen Leo and the Gaia Lingerie Package1 Gaia Lingerie Package1. Yet here they are on her credit card statement that I have seen with my own eyes. 6/25/2002 2CHECKOUT.COM , 877-294-0273 , OH $35.00 6/27/2002 2CHECKOUT.COM , 877-294-0273 , OH $25.00 So now every time that Bobbie tries to post an image in the gallery here at rosity with either of these items it is being removed, based only on what steffyzz has told admins. Steffyzz has also been leaving nasty posts on Bobbies artwork accusing her of theft. Steffyzz then removed Bobbie25's login and password from her site so that Bobbie could not get purchase information from there and we only have her credit card to go bye. Also, although it is beyond rositys control, Steffyzz has been harassing Bobbie25 via email sending the same email over adn over again. ********************* here is the email: From: "ZetaStudios3D" | Block Address | Add to Address Book To: "Bobbie Sweet" Subject: Re: Illegal distribution and copyright infringment Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:38:44 +0200 To: Barbara S Remove as soon as possible from your renderosity gallery the images containing ZS3D products (Leo and Gaia Lingerie Package1), since you don't own the license to use them, since you don't have purchased them. The license is clear and is the buyer sole responsability to read, understand , and agree to the license at the time of purchase: "....1. PRODUCT LICENSE ZETASTUDIOS3D retains all copyrights to the enclosed materials. The Buyer is not purchasing the contents, only a personal non-exclusive, non-transferable License to use the contents. The license to use the contents is for a single user (The Buyer only) on a single computer (gifts to another user are NOT allowed).... You can't use or have the ZS3D products without having the license to use them, gifts are not allowed. Deleted the ZS3D products as soon as possible from your hard drive and remove those images containing our Products. We have also contacted the Renderosity Staff about this. We've asked you as written in our product license the proof of your purchase for the product B-Gen Leo showed in your gallery image and you was not able to provide it. "....1. PRODUCT LICENSE ZETASTUDIOS3D retains all copyrights to the enclosed materials. The Buyer is not purchasing the contents, only a personal non-exclusive, non-transferable License to use the contents. The license to use the contents is for a single user (The Buyer only) on a single computer (gifts to another user are NOT allowed).... ....3.PURCHASE DATA The Buyer have to store in a safe place all the datas and details of the purchase. This constituite the proof of the purchase and the ownership of the license to use the product. ZETASTUDIOS3D can request the purchase data under special circumstances if necessary...." We ask you for the last time the proof of your purchase for our product Leo: -number of ZS3D purchase and 2checkout order *************************** One email would be sufficient but steffyzz keeps sending it. And how exactly is Bobbie25 going to show proof of payment other than from her credit card statement when her login and password to the purchase info have been removed? So now you are asking why in the hell are you posting this and not Bobbie25? Because as a rosity member, and a rosity member, I am outraged that this kind of harassment is allowed. And if it where not for Bobbie25 being in a different country and the hassle of going through international courts, if it where Me Id take it to Judge Judy baby! And sue for slander and libel. Anyway with that said. I really hope that the admins will work with Bobbie25 to get this issue resolved, and stop allowing the harassment to take place here at rosity. Windy aka the Blooddoll

edriver ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 4:18 PM

I've received an instant message from stefyzz that I found rather odd...in it she accused bobbie of being a thief..and told me I should get a refund for the purchase I made...yet, I never made any purchases.

Since the staff at rosity have seen fit to remove bobbie's gallery postings at the word of stefyzz alone...no proof at all of her allegations...though I've seen proof to the contrary...it leads me to the inevitable conclusion that some coercion was used in the possible form of "take them down or I'll pull my products out of your store".

This isn't the first time this individual has casts suspicion and doubt on other members (see the Blackhearted case) and this seems to be some sort of habitual thing.

When are the rest of the members of this place going to realize that a boycott of all of stefyzz's products is what it's going to take to show them that kind of behavior isn't going to be tolerated?

I would not only expect a formal and public apology from stefyzz for the irreputable damage she's done to another member's otherwise untarnished reputation...not to mention their site being shut down on the mere mention of a suspicion...I would also think a public and formal apology from whatever rosity staff was involved with the removal of bobbie's pics from the gallery is ALSO in order.

Hellmark ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 4:50 PM

Ok, first I have to say that Steffy will never get any of my money! :?) Next off, all of Bobbie's works are originals and apparent to anyone who does have their head lodged up their ass. Thirdly, I hate friends getting their names dragged through the mud over piracy when they didn't (I have had this done to me and some others i know, its not pretty). 4th thing, WHY DOESN'T STEFF TRY SHOWING ANY PROOF BEFORE MAKING ACCUSATIONS!! SHE WOULD GET HER ASS LAUGHED OUT OF COURT IF SHE TRIED IT IRL!!! 5th, Why is Steff singling out Bobbie, who hasn't done anything to harm her? Hell, Bobbie has never even talked to her. Ok, next to get fired at is the R'osity staff. Why doesn't someone pick up a pair of balls and do something about Steffy? Just cause she is a known member doesnt mean she is above the rules of the TOS. If Bobbie want to, she could sue the different admins and moderators for letting Steff use R'osity to spread her libel and harrasement. From my experience, often there is too much reliance on hearsay and not proof. To tell the truth, its often hard to get an action out of the admins or mods since they are busy doing other things (on the few things I needed em for, I had to bug em for weeks), but I guess service comes with noteriety. Well, thats enough ranting from me.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 5:29 PM

Except for that unhealthy green skin tint, they look different enough to me, too... and maybe some people are getting to big for their britches here? It's time Rosity stopped coddling people just because they don't want to lose a cash cow!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

-Klaus ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 5:33 PM

Nothing else more important in those kinds of forums ? Thanks you !

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 5:35 PM

While I will say that stefyzz has got some extremely wonderful textures that I was looking forward to buying, I will most certainly NOT be buying them now or in the future. I do not appreciate her going around said person she feels is doing her wrong - if she feels aggressive enough in her accusations - why does she not confront the person directly?? To find out, like a sensible person, if there is actually a connection?? Mayhap she would have found a contemporary - someone who she could mentor. Instead she has alienated even more people than she has before.....

Eowyn ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 5:37 PM

I am curious to hear what the Renderosity administration has to say about this...

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 5:38 PM

@-Klaus... NO, there is NEVER anything more important than protecting the innocent, be it merchant or buyer or whoever. What if it was YOUR reputation being soiled? Do YOU have friends to stand up for you?

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Walkeress ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 5:39 PM

Okay, this might be y first time posting something here but I think blooddoll and edriver are right! To me it looks like Steff is controlling rostiy and from what I heard this is a community. But on the other side the admins don't seem to have the guts to stand up and check the situation. Noooooooooo, not the admins. They prefer having hot-shot-seller in the market place doing what she wants. I will not buy anything from her! And I ask all the people here at rosity whether they know me or not to do the same. Steff went one step too far. Harassment is no way to act. And Steff let me tell you something: You will not sell one single texture if I can prevent it. To the admins I have to say the following: Go on with being the lapdog of the upper-class that reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllllyyyyyyyyy is what the community wants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaytonh1 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 5:51 PM

I too was planning on buying a steffy texture, but now there is not a chance. Harrasment like this should not be going on. Even if Bobbie had stolen the textures (which did not happen), there is such a thing as innocent until proven guilty. Her stuff should not have been removed until positive proof of theft had been presented. I can promise one thing about this however. If the 'rosity staff does not fix this situation, I will be taking my business elsewhere. I am sure this means nothing to them, but if enough of us do the same thing, then maybe they'll figure it out.

Blooddoll ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 5:55 PM

RE: Walkeress, I expect the admins to take into light the facts of the situation, the credit card reciepts, the harassing email, the fact that the items where not pronounced stolen until they the admins themselves agreed that her texture did not match the Asia texture. I expect them to be fair and impartial, and do what needs to be done. My biggest complaint about the admin right now is the insto removal of any thing that Bobbie25 is posting to the gallery all based on a cry of wolf from stefyzz with no hard eveidance provided from stefyzz, when there has been tons of evidance to the contrary from bobbie25 However I will not pass my final judgement on the admins unitl they say that they have done all that they can do, and I can see some sort of result or lack there of.

Walkeress ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 6:01 PM

Hey Blooddoll, you are right! But removing everything done by bobbie is a sign of punishment. I will not tolerate this sort of execution before the anyone is guilty and bobbie is NOT guilty. She is innocent until proven guilty. I think the admins should get up and stand up to protect the community not the members brining in the "big money"

ClintH ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 6:04 PM

Hi, I removed the Art Gallery images. I made the wrong decision. I appologize for that. I should not have removed the images without more investigation on my part. I was wrong. It wont happen again. As far as the harassment is concerned. If it is happening on Renderosity and is in violation of our TOS we will take action on that. If it is via private E-Mailings we have no control over that. To the best of my understanding Stefy and Bobbie25 are dealing with this over E-Mails with each other. Again - I made a very wrong decision. The Art Galleries are not my area and I should not have dealt with the problem. I should have asked the Forum/Art Gallery admin to work on the situation, which I have. I appologize to Bobbie25 for my improper decision in regards to the removal of her Art Gallery images. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

edriver ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 6:10 PM

Kudos to ClintH...that took alot of guts to post that public apology. Because of that, you have been forgiven (in my eyes) and all is well between us. Now...if the same sentiment could be garnished by Stef...then we'd be well on our way to being a community once again.

ClintH ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 6:13 PM

Thanks E. I screwed up ... anytime I screw up I always stand up to my mistake(s). I feel really bad about removing the images without the proper investigation. I shouldnt have gotten involved but rather let the proper admins deal with it. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Walkeress ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 6:13 PM

I agree, edriver, in both parts!

Blooddoll ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 6:13 PM

Clint, thank you for your public appology, everyone in chat at the moment seems to be extreamly impressed :) It is very much appreciated. As far as the emails go, they are not trying to work something out, its a matter of stefyzz spaming bobbie25 with the same msg over and over again, however as I stated above I relize that that is not a rosity issue, But I really think it needs to be taken into consideration with the rest of the harassment that is happening here on rosity. Bobbie still cant get her website hosted becasue of stefy and this mess.

andix ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 6:27 PM

Full marks to ClintH on having the balls to admit he was wrong. Clint, that has increased my (already great) respect for you. As for the thread, for what it's worth, i believe the TOS should apply equally to all, and I am appalled at the way Bobbie has lost out in all this.

Eowyn ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 6:38 PM

And once again Clint proves out to be super cool :) But, there isn't a texture gorgeous enough to justify something like this. Stefy just lost another customer - I won't be buying from her again. What she's doing to Bobbie she could do to me next, who knows.

kingkyle ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 6:41 PM

Thou must not offend ZZ Goddess of textures for she shall be mean and vengeful, and call on her devotees to extract great and evil punishment thee!!!! Many are the poor souls who who have been cast aside by this dark cloud of WOE!! so again i say all us mortals must walk with cushioned feet for we do not want the all knowing gaze to fall upon you!!!

kingkyle ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 6:45 PM

clint ignore that devotees part ok ;)) srry kyle

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 6:50 PM

I would Like to take the time to tell you all ty very much ty for the im sorry and ty to every one i will try to do this in my very bad type but i do ty all so very much to take the time to help some one out who is new to here and for the im sorry hun it is ok how to you to know you were trying to plez every one at the same time i hold you at not bad feelings xoxox

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

Disciple3d ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 6:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.posercity.com

First off, Clint, you're class act! I'd echo the sentiment of most everyone else, in that, I love her work but won't buy it because of her tendency to freak out on folks. Anyone remember this? **"YOU MUST CREDIT ME IN RENDERS WHICH FEATURE MY PRODUCTS"** Have a good long look at the evidence and then reference the TOS. This isn't the first time she's stirred the sh**t so to speak. I've seen people removed for, at least in my mind, much less mal intentioned behavior. It would be great see some **justice pie** doled out once in a while to a top seller who got way out of line. Just my two cents. It's times like this when I really shouldn't have super user rights to PoserCity. I usually just post exactly what's on my mind.

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

Hellmark ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 7:24 PM

Clint, its cool you apologized. I just hope stef does the same. bobbie, get in touch with me. the gears have started turning...

Destiny ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 7:49 PM

I swore once upon a time long long ago that I would never get involved in any kind of dissent again. Too many problems come with getting involved, but this is just TOO much for me to pass up. I had never purchased anything from SteffyZZ before as I thought her prices were way overblown, even if she IS a master at her craft, but recently I did break down and buy her Gaia lace from her website. It's a wonderful product and I love it to pieces, but now I have serious doubts about using it ever again. And for sure I will NOT be making any further purchases from this psychotic nightmare. When is it all going to stop? When are the Admins at Rosity going to realize that she is a loose cannon and is apt to go off on anyone, at any time. I feel really bad for Bobbie25. No one deserves this kind of abuse. Most especially an innocent party. I looked at the two textures exhibited side by side, and even a blind man could tell they are in no way, shape or form even remotely alike! This is a clear case of libel and slander, and I hope Bobbie25 takes some kind of legal recourse. And tho ClintH showed himself to be a true gentleman by admitting to his error in judgement...my question would be: WHEN are the rest of the Admins involved in this fiasco going to do the same???

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 7:57 PM

SteffyZZ has a habit of doing this. She has some gorgeous textures, but from how I've seen her treat people, including paying customers, she'll never get my business. She has inserted extra licensing details in her readme's which contradicted the licensing in Renderosity. She harrassed at least one person who HAD paid for one of her texture and used it - non-commercially at that. When she was confronted, she appologized in public, then kept up the harrassment in private. I've only seen 2 horrible merchants here ethics-wise. (I won't name the other one except to confirm someone else's complaints about them.) Considering how many merchants Rendie has, that's not too bad.

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 8:01 PM

ClintH....nice of you to apologize. However, what was done to bobbie25, here, today is a cause of action for a very easy torte case. and, i wonder if you know it. i loved the posercity post. good stuff there. could not have said it better, myself. now, i ask...is bobbie25's website back up and running? or, still down....? causing her real financial damages? even if it was only down a couple of hours because of this steffy stupidity....you owe her...since, steffy is under the legal blanket of being a marketplace merchant, here. not to mention the fact that you all sided with her, early on....causing damages to bobbie25's reputation and, good name. as a new member, that was a horrible disservice to her future reputation. steffyzz....talented though she may be in cutting and pasting a photograph over a vicki template...is one very, very loose cannon. do you all need that? 'cause some day, someone, who does not give a rat's patootie about whether or not cash cow, steffy takes her toys and runs away....WILL SUE YOU. you folks have a business, here. run it correctly...or give it to someone who can/will. Pop...Pop...Poppi!!!

mqshocker ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 8:04 PM

Hmmmm...Well to be honest Im not on that much anymore since my job change...but...I think its very disapointing to think that in a world of many problems..here we are talkng about this..I think if the admin finds it in the best interest to elliminate both of them for sake of argument then so be it....I like everyone here at rosity I poke no fun at anyone ..well ok maybe edriver,,,just kidding..But in all seriousness..I found this to be a great place to share with others and learn from fellow artists as well. If its true shame on her..if not shame on him... Sorry Just my opinion...........Mqshocker

dboura ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 9:39 PM

This is a shame .. after seeing all Blooddoll shown .. I have to say Steffy needs to have an eye test or is greedy over other peoples hard work. I see similar coloring in the two but thats it. Jillian is more porous skin, the brow work is totally different (a little too much smoothing in my opinion) but the skin over all seems more realistic than Asia. It's a sad time when jealousy clouds competition. Dan Oh and clint .. don't worry too much about the mistake ... when I was administrating an IRCD once ... I banned the whole server with an /akill @ .... never toy with that command unless you understand it LMAO

Blooddoll ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 10:52 PM

@Poppi last time I talked to Bobbie earlier today her website is still down.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 11:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.weblogicsitedesign.com/

The sponsor link under Bobbie25's gallery images is http://www.weblogicsitedesign.com/ The site appears to be partially working. On another note, the site offers an "interesting" service supplying "backup CDs" of various 3D software. The link is dead right now, but earlier I clicked it, and saw that a "backup CD" for Bryce5 was available for only $50. There were many other software "backups" available.

Hellmark ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 11:03 PM

Latest update is Audre is going after Bobbie, having her submit samples of her work to compare. Also Audie is questioning her about things unrelated to r'osity, such as things that were on the site that got shut down (like what was on space she rented out to someone).

Mtncub ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 11:37 PM

I was talking to Bobbie25 earlier this week before this all started, and even called up Audre to chat with her about this issue. Bobbie25 has all of her work, from start to finish, so she has proof that she has created her JILLIAN from scratch. All the in between work, etc. I have worked with ASIA in the past , and as I was looking at it the other day, comparing it withJillian they are nothing alike. It's very obvious that they aren't they same, so I dont know what kinda drugs or chemicals StefyZZ was exposed to, but she should go out for some air for a while :P Bobbie25's Jillian is a world apart from Asia , and personally, much more alluring and beautiful. My humble opinion. ClintH, you are a better man then most for stepping up and admitting that you messed up, and for hopefully making things right again .. I salute you! HHmmm..... perhaps now I should make a cute image much like my picture of ART ... but call it Stef ;)~ Bobbie25 .. we're here for you hon :) Stephen aka MtnCub

Blooddoll ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2002 at 11:41 PM

Ok I deleted my last post, some of you I know read it. I deleted it because I have since come to learn some more facts. 1. apparently the texture issue was never resolved, because based off of some IM's that audre sent Bobbie, it seems that audre deleted the emails that had the texture in it whith out ever looking at them. 2. about 2 weeks ago, her husband bought her a new computer and reformated the hardrive of the old one so he could have it for his own use. She did not save everything to her zip disk because a lot of the stuff that she had made herself was stored on her PERSONAL website, but it all was taken down and deleted by the people who HOST the webstie based off of the accusations made by stefyzz. So despite the fact that we have the two textures rendered side by side as an example, it looks like Bobbie is going to get hosed by rosity because she no longer has the actual textuer, thanks once again to stefyzz, WHO NEED I POINT OUT YET AGAIN, Has done this sort of shit before to other people, and gotten away with it. Now Im getting angry. In my previous post I had mentioned this being like a rape victim, being blamed for her own rape in a court of law simple because she wore a mini skirt and a halter top outside her own home. This is looking to be more like a Repeat Raper, getting off once again.

XSashaX ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 12:04 AM
  1. apparently the texture issue was never resolved, because based off of some IM's that audre sent Bobbie, it seems that audre deleted the emails that had the texture in it whith out ever looking at them.
  1. about 2 weeks ago, her husband bought her a new computer and reformated the hardrive of the old one so he could have it for his own use. She did not save everything to her zip disk because a lot of the stuff that she had made herself was stored on her PERSONAL website, but it all was taken down and deleted by the people who HOST the webstie based off of the accusations made by stefyzz.<<

What!?!

So now the texture in question is conveniently gone? HUmmmmmmm...not that I am questioning Bobbies honesty and integrety...but.....hummmmmmm.

I do not believe the textures are the same....but nevertheless...

Very Interesting.

umblefugly ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 12:20 AM

XSASHAX The textures are not convieniently gone. What a thing to say.Bobbie is as honest as they come.Alot has happened and there is alot of stressful stuff happening,PEOPLE FORGET. And the textures have been sent(Twice now)They didnt even look at the textures the first time and deleted them without looking at them.

XSashaX ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 12:36 AM

It just seems pretty damn strange to me that a texture of that quality and the hard work that seems to have gone into it would not have a few copies burned onto disk for safekeeping.

Even if such a thing like Steffy accusations had not happened some provisions should have been made to at least protect hard work to some degree. Don't most merchants have multiple copies of their hard work backed up?

Like I said, I do not think the textures are the same!

But in light of this carelessness revealed on Bobbies part to not protect her work against catastrophe, would not the average viewer of this thread think something seems fishy?

Sasha

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 12:36 AM

Blooddoll wrote "she no longer has the actual texture" She should have backed the stuff up onto a CD-ROM or onto another hard disk??? Elementary precaution. If say:- Qwerty posts an AK47 Poser model. I get hold of a real AK47 and a measuring ruler (I already have a modeler program) and make and post an AK47 Poser model. Then my model and Qwerty's model would look like each other because they both look like real AK47's. How safe would I be from accusations of breaking copyright?

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 12:48 AM

"On another note, the site offers an "interesting" service supplying "backup CDs" of various 3D software. The link is dead right now, but earlier I clicked it, and saw that a "backup CD" for Bryce5 was available for only $50. There were many other software "backups" available. " Thank you for mentioning that little tidbit of information, I found it interesting that no one else did. "Backup" copies of Photoshop too; I'm sure Adobe would like to hear about that one. It never ceases to amaze me how fast people turn on each other in this forum. Stefy does have a habit of sending tons of mail in an attempt to get a problem solved quickly, but you would be surprised how many times people have ripped off her textures and sold them and NOTHING was done until she raised holy hell. I can't side 100% with Stefy on this issue unless I can do a hands-on comparison of course (which I've done with her copyright infringements before), but every complaint I have personally heard her file or worked with her to resolve HAS been justified. It won't surprise me at all if this one is as well. Take care. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Marcabros ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 1:20 AM

You would think that SteffyZZ would have learned from the last incident of accusing someone unjustly here at Rosity. Many people purchase items under different names, not just the names they are known as online. Looking at the picture with the textures side by side, only an idiot couldnt see that the textures are not the same. What im wondering is how many other people have been unjustly banned here or at her site but have never brought it out openly. Judging from the last incident, how can SteffyZZ harrass and accuse people like this, get them banned from here, and when found she was wrong in her accusations, is not banned from here herself. People who make honest comments in galleries get banned, yet people like her Rosity does nothing about. It kinda shows the favortism that vendors, or she herself has here doesnt it? Although ClintH apologized for his mistake, why did it take only 1 admin to wipe a community member off the face of Rosity instead of several people making that decision?? To me, that showed favortism on behalf of SteffyZZ. Makes you wonder who is going to be next. It was a shame that Bobbie25's gallery was deleted so quickly and now her own website is down due to the flippant, unjust, psychotic bahavior of SteffyZZ. I hope many people read this thread so they can make the correct decision to NEVER buy from her again. And if you do decide to buy, better wear a hardhat and be prepared for the consequences that are surely to befall you.

Kendra ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 1:20 AM

Whether an alleged infringement is obvious or not, Renderosity should not take action based on word alone. I don't care whos word it is. Images should be submitted by the person making the accusation. Someone's reputation is too easily damaged by kneejerk reactions to suspicions.

It doesn't look like the textures are similar but I agree, a photoshop comparison is the best way.

Regardless, I think this thread just saved me thirty bucks. Even if stefyzz is justified in the acusation, her handling of it is very imature.
I don't believe you can force someone to credit a texture that is purchased. It's a nice thing to do, especially in the galleries but to force it? And to IM people who might have purchased it under another name or email? I couldn't do business with someone who wanted so much control.

...... Kendra

Blooddoll ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 1:24 AM

Apparently there was some confusion when I asked bobbie about getting the textures back over to audre, as english is not her native language, and after I had posted my last remark, found out that she did indeed have a copy of the texture she made and was going to resend it to audre before I took off for a couple of hours. As far as this linking to back up cds I dont know anything about that, did not get a chance to ask bobbie about it, although I will at a later time. However it seems silly to me to offer back up cds for 50 bucks when you can get that shit free all over the web just by using kazaa. who knows. I will ask her about it when I talk to her next.

Fyrene ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 1:26 AM

I agree. SteffyZZ didnt learn from the last incident. I had almost gotten over that and was making a decision to buy some of her new textures, but after this, no texture is worth it!! Its like Marcabros says, we would all have to wear hardhats awaiting the storm that would be sure to come. I dont want to have to wait around looking over my shoulder. Looking at the two images side by side, sheesh, they are NOT the same. And it makes you wonder, if the queen of textures thinks the one on the right is an altered version of hers, then maybe she is getting old and needs specs. I hope Bobbie25 can get this situation resolved to her benefit. SteffyZZ, fraid you lost a customer. Not only me, but it seems like many. Get your head on straight, girl!!!

dboura ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 1:44 AM

I remember some accusations of hers before ... hitting talented artists and creators. All the ones I remember of were falsely accused and I also remember hearing of her IM'ing purchasers and threatening them with lawsuits. Yet, under another name they did buy them. From all that I have heard .. I first off am glad I have never bought anything of hers. Nor will I ever. I had one thing of hers in my wishlist and deleted it. I believe in customer service, customer satisfaction, fair competition, etc.. I am and have always been highly business oriented and am starting my own soon. I also have a belief in honor, what SteffyZZ has shown her ways to be are both dishonorable and unbusiness-like. I also know what it's like when hard drives fail. I admit, sometimes I lay too much trust in my computers. Sometimes I don't fully back up as I should .. and have lost files that were needed for business measures or transactions. My advice to Bobbie is once this is free and cleared, as I see no reasons it won't be, request the data from your host that was taken down. Most, not all, still keep backups of questionable data in the case of a lawsuit and evidence is needed. Dan

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 1:51 AM

file_16144.jpg

Above is a capture of two portions of the backup CD portion of Bobbie's site when it was available. I'm not accusing them of being pirates, just decide however you wish. "due to the flippant, unjust, psychotic bahavior of SteffyZZ" Um, I write to Stefy at least twice a week and she's one of the kindest and most friendly people I know. Plenty more people around here seem a tad more psychotic to me. :) "How can stefy copyright a photograph unless she took the picture herself? The one she used to make the textures? Did she take the photo herself?" It's my understanding that she did take all the pictures herself, just as Catharina Hardings does. "steffyzz....talented though she may be in cutting and pasting a photograph over a vicki template...is one very, very loose cannon" LOL, oh-k SnowS

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Marcabros ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 1:53 AM

I think its funny that SteffyZZ can cause all this commotion, yet she hasnt shown her face here in the forum yet. If she wants to save sales, she had better drop her psychosis and at least give her side of the story. Or maybe she is just to paranoid and knows that she is wrong. Then again, maybe the admins here got smart (heaven forbit) and banned her?? That would be too much to wish for!!! Looks like someone has deleted the link to the proof that was posted in the gallery. The images that were side by side. In thread number 4 that Blooddoll posted. The admins/mods are at it again???? Stefyzz's Asia vrs Bobbie25's Jillian Why the proof get deleted. ??? What the hell is wrong that no admin or mod (without ClintH) doesn't do anything ???

Blooddoll ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 2:02 AM

Even if there where links on Bobbies site, which I dont know for sure if they where even there or not, because i have not seen them with my own eyes. That should be delt with sepratly from this. but yes it should be delt with. As far as this issue goes. Stefyz is falsly accusing Bobbie of theft of 2 of her products which Bobbie has a credit card statement for showing proof of purchase. (that would work in any fine retail store you would go to here in the states so why would that not work here at rosity for proof of purchase?). And accusing her of stealing Asia, which if you got to see the compairasion before it was deleted (which is another thing that pisses me off) you could see that they where vastly diffrent, the little flakes in the skin where not even the same pattern. And suddenly out of no ware this accusation about the webpage comes across, and because of that stefyz is going to get away with her behavoir?! Thats BS. The website thing needs to be investigated seprately from this issue. It has nothing to do with stefyz's harassment and should not be considered in this case. NOW I go watch my movie damn it.

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 2:09 AM

SnowSultan yes i rent space to ppl on my site i told the renter that i was opening the site up just for poser and that his stuff would have to go as you can tell the hole site is beeing redone and i have been getting all my space back that part of site was to be off when i got a link to rosity on the front page but as i see from this it is not and this i will take care of asap and i to ask you am i not to reant space out on a site that i own ? and Y is that i can not reant out space and what dos my reant out of space on my website have to do with this big mess and as for what a back up cd is still learning that one So i say to you ALL ty for kind words and i ask that this may stop now i see so many i want to thank but i ask that it may stop now i see my lawer on monday and i fix this i e-mail stefzz for the number to her lawer and we go from there BUT TY ALL and this stop now plez dont wish any wrongs just want it to end she giving me head pain lol xoxoxoxo Bobbie25

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 2:14 AM

If you were renting that space out, then I can understand if it was not your intent to sell those backup CDs. Thanks for clarifying that. Just be careful who you rent to. :) SnowS

dboura ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 2:15 AM

Ok The backup CD's bit, .. There are various ways to look at this. .. though instantly most think ooohhh warez transfering ... yes that is ONE possibility though highly doubtful ... True an image speaks a thousand words .. yet sometimes those words are often misinterpreted. There are legit companies out there that do backup cds also. hrrrmm should we send them to the companies they make backups from or for? and in truth every host out there, that is a competant web host, make backups of their clients websites. OOooooooohhh smell copywrite infringement, get real. Back up CD's are there for those of us that cannot afford spending an extra $200 USD on a cdr or cdrw drive. Yes there are lower priced ones .. but thats an avg here and other countries it can cost higher. Making back up cd's for clientel, which are the customers or people you do business with, is legal practice. So lets not jump the gun bc of an image from her site. Her clientel is 3D Artists. So her prime means of drawing them is by offering to back up their 3d graphics or graphics production CD's. And as Blood stated ... that is not the case.. the case is Asia and Jillian not Back up CD's.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.