Thu, Sep 19, 10:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Advice and Direction

mickif ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 11:44 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:52 PM

file_16220.jpg

I have been doodling with this on and off for over a year and decided today to try and get more serious about Bryce. Was wondering if someone could point me to any tutorials or give any advice on how to make this believable. Thanks.......micki

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 3:33 PM

ooooo, I like it....Sharen

vasquez ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 5:27 PM

oohh it is an hard challenge, really i don't knok how to do with only with Bryce, I think that some retouch in Photoshop is the only way, but if you find something let me know.

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 5:43 PM

Looks like you are on the right track. I would use a transmap on the falling water so that parts are missing and it is not so uniform. Also you could make 3 terrains with ripples expanding out, give them the same water texture and drop them in around where the whale and the falling water hit the surface. There are examples of both techniques on my artist page. Maybe a little more reflection to the whale texture for a wet look. Good luck.

foleypro ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 5:46 PM

Attached Link: http://www.completelyfreesoftware.com/index_all.html

This is really awesome by itself and if you dont have a paint program(go to completelyfreesoftware and download a free paint program just browse and find dogwaffle or compareable program)Well shy of doing some postwork for the water splashes what you could do is take a free grass obj and texture it white or fog and then play with the transparencies to get that spray look and then also add it around the tail as it slides in to the water maybe even add some spray or droplets coming from its backside and add water rings arounde the tail section too...

mickif ( ) posted Sun, 14 July 2002 at 11:23 PM

file_16221.jpg

Thanks for all your help. The reflection was easy, mabe a little too much tho. I thought the ripples were going to be easy too, but I counld't get them to look like yours Patrick, decided to go with the rough seas look for tonite anyway. The grass water splashes I will try tomorrow. I couldn't find anything in Kitchens book about transmaps, I know I can render masks to use in Photoshop, but if someone could direct me to a tutorial for transmaps, I'd apreciate it.

abreojos ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2002 at 8:06 AM

Hi, I'm working on a whale scene also. As far as getting it to work in Brye, I haven't gotten as far as you, so I took the scene to Director and added the whale in a separate sprite. That made things much easier, but not as realistic as I would like it to look. Doing it alone in Bryce would be great. I also found that recoloring each frame in Photoshop gave me much better color. My project still needs work, a lot of work, I've only produced about 50 seconds of a 1-1/5 film. I want to keep up with what you are doing with Bryce, so keep in touch.

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2002 at 3:10 PM

Have you thought about using metaballs for the ripples if you have them? Might be able to use them for the splashes too.

cshaftoe ( ) posted Fri, 19 July 2002 at 9:36 PM

I've actually seen this for real! It was a fantastic sight..Mickif...You might try re-posing the whale so that you can see the moon reflecting off the tail directly...just a suggestion. There are many posters of this but to do it in Bryce and getting it right must have been quite a challenge. kutgw regards Chris

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.