Fri, Sep 20, 6:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: You Guys are gonna hate me =S

SurReal ( ) posted Sun, 21 July 2002 at 8:42 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:38 AM

i feel really wick, cause everyont here seems to be really knowelegable about Poser, thing is i only got it yesterday and i have no idea what im doing, can someone explain how i put clothes on people and where i can get extras for the program? sorry if you feel like im wastin your time =S im have absolutely no idea =S

VIDandCGI ( ) posted Sun, 21 July 2002 at 8:58 PM

Open the figures Library by default in a fold away menu on the left of your screen and load the figure you wish to clothe, then find the item of clothing you wish to use and click the add figure (double tick) icon. If its a conforming piece of clothing you will now need to go to Figure>conform to> (select figure name). Resources are DAZ3d, Renderosity Market Place, RDNA, PWFW, BBAY etc. you will find links to lots of free file in freebies section here and by following the links to the various sites on the webring - see far left of renderosity screen at bottom. There are Many many more which I havent mentioned such as SAMS3d, Poser Pros and so on :)

VIDandCGI ( ) posted Sun, 21 July 2002 at 9:00 PM

Ack I mean the menu is on the right btw :)- So I'm tired its 3:13am :)

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 21 July 2002 at 9:34 PM

Look up ronknights. He has tutorials for begginers. Read the user Guide that comes with the program. Just play with poser and you will discover a lot. Welcome to your new addiction. Tashar 59

ronknights ( ) posted Sun, 21 July 2002 at 9:48 PM

Attached Link: http://205.122.23.229/ronknights/

Here's a link to my Tutorials and Freebies site. You'll find some tutorials that will answer your questions.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 21 July 2002 at 10:13 PM

We also have plenty of knowledgable resources. Start with the first tutorial in the manual. By the time you get the guy clothed, walking, lit, and rendered you should have a decent idea of how things work and can then ask specific questions.

kjlintner ( ) posted Sun, 21 July 2002 at 10:59 PM

There are great tutorials at www.3dcommune.com, here at Renderosity, and at www.posertech.com also.

Also don't forget Poser Arcana at http://www.awakemm.com/poserarcana/.

All four sites mentioned above contain tutorials written by people from all walks of life, from hobbyist to professional.

shadowcat ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 1:01 AM

look up at the top of this screen. right next to the renderosity logo is a menu. in that menu you will find links to gobs of tutorials & the largest collection of poser free stuff on the net.

markdotcom ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 2:06 AM

When I first started, I figured "Yikes, I gotta pose the clothing ON TOP of the person?!" Obviously, that would easily take forever, or drive a person insane. Which ever comes first. Even back when I had extremely little knowledge of the program, the possibilities blew my mind. At the time, I was actually trying to model people in my trusty Bryce 3D. You can imagine how huge a blessing it was to discover a program like Poser. Read up and practice. Here's some very basic things that will help improve your renders. - Play with the lighting! Both spot and infinite. - Play with the camera settings. It'll even give you some idea of how real-life lenses affect photographs and movies. - Get some textures and bump maps on those figures! - All the tutorials will mention this, but remember: Click and drag is your enemy! Use the dials when posing and moving figures. They are much more precise and won't "explode" the figure as easily as clicking and dragging will. I'm still having nightmares from seeing elbows and knees bend into freakishly unnatural positions... shivers 0_o'

lemur01 ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 4:39 AM

Do you have a wife? A family? Anyone you care about? If so you must delete the poser prgramme from your hard drive, burn the book and the Cds and get your life back. It's too late for me - I've had Poser for a couple of months now. The wife has turned to drink, the children are asking "who is that stranger living upstairs?" Yesterday, the dog bit me. But I no longer care - once I hit the 'render' button, the rush comes over me and all else is forgotten. Don't listen to these pushers - they are only trying to hook you in. RUN... RUN NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. (This message has been brought to you curtesy of the hangover from half a bottle of brandy drunk while trying to get 'just the right lighting effect')

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 11:02 AM

lemur1: You don't need no stinkin wife, kids, and dog no more. Now you got a MilWife, MilKids, and DazPets; and they'll do just about anything you ask ;p

Patricia ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 12:07 PM

ROFLMAO

EvoShandor ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2002 at 12:42 PM

lol, now that's funny

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.