Fri, Sep 20, 1:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: The REAL reason to be glad when P5 comes out....

beav1 ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 9:25 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:41 AM

No offense, but I can tell you that I'll be thrilled when P5 finally hits the shelves....the reason?...so maybe we can go back to talking about something else. I can't tell you all how invaluable and appreciated all the info I've gotten here has been in helping me understand the lil quirks of P4, and I expect it to be the same with P5. I figured out the 1st day here that I'd finally found a place where everyone seemed to know more than me, and were happy to help. But how many more inanely repetitive P5 threads can there be? "I wish it had this...I wonder if it'll have that...etc"....Jeeez Guys...some things are as certain as rain....it'll come out...we'll get it...I won't understand it...and I'll continue leeching off your knowledge about it..lol(but at least I might have NEW questions) Sorry...I just miss when there was more to pick up here than P5/CL threads... Whew...am I glad THAT'S over....I feel better now....nevermind...:) Beav

beav1 ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 9:29 PM

Oops..just read down to thomasrjm's comments... Note to self:read the board before starting your rant...avoid repeating....:) Beav

trogboy ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 9:51 PM

Isnt it now called 3D Axis? It wont be called poser5

crisjon1950 ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 10:47 PM

Well, this is the Poser Forum. We talk about Poser. When Poser 5 arrives, we'll be talking about Poser 4 and Poser 5. Someone else already made a great suggestion: Maybe we can have a Poser 4 and Poser 5 forum? One for each? Otherwise people will need to look through all the threads to see which Poser messages apply to them.

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 10:47 PM

Instead, we'll have a bunch of "I have Poser 5 and you don't. Neener, neener, neener!" I fully intend to be on the giving end of the neener's. ;-)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 10:56 PM

Why stop there? How about a Poser 3 forum for all the magazine freebie newbies we've seen lately? Or maybe not. You can have my share of neeners, Crescent. I'll be too busy working with Poser to brag.

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 12:09 AM
  1. Sleep 2) Weekends 3) Finally figuring out who that woman and child are that keep hanging out in my living room eating all the food and drinking all the beer 4) Calling back all the people who have rung wanting to hang out with me and remembering their names and how I know them 5) They tell me my house (I work at home) has this thing called a door leading to a blissful state called being outside. They say the roof of this outside place is a nice shade of blue and that there's a big hot thing up in the sky- Sun, I think it's called...

smallspace ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 12:32 AM

You have a child who drinks beer?

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 1:01 AM

Nosfiratu, I have heard that that hot bright yellow thing up where the blue stuff is actually moves. Not only that but the blue stuff actually changes color at times. There's more !! I hope you have a chance to enjoy that outside thing sometime soon, - TJ (bikermouse)

lemur01 ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 3:49 AM

I'm sorry, but I have a great deal of difficulty believing in this 'outside' thing. I mean - it's a nice idea, but come on, be serious. Jack

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 3:50 AM

funny I can't remember the last time I saw the outside either, it's grey over here in the UK you lucky Americans get the interesting colours. :) Rob

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 4:11 AM

Rob, I grew up in San Francisco. we rarely got the pea soup like London, but it beats the 100F + in Fresno in the summer.(In Fresno we do get tule fog, which is pretty dense but it's only for a month or so in the winter. ) Except for when I go to the mountains or the coast, I'd gladly trade weather with you. - TJ

thip ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 4:16 AM

Actually, it's a pretty amazing animation out there, beyond your front door. Big screen, great sky, really hi-rez image, just changes to greyscale sometimes, like in Britain and here in Denmark ;o)

davidm ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 5:57 AM

Hey folks! What's that "hot bright yellow thing " that bikermouse is referring to? Where can I find it exactly, and just how hot, bright and yellow is it anyway???... Dave (in Scotland) ;-)

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 6:03 AM

Dave it's a 200million watt spotlight, I'd hate to see the electricity bill for that one. Rob

Larry F ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 6:08 AM

bikermouse, I grew up in San Francisco too, except for the first 12 years in and around New Orleans. Went to Everett and the original Polytechnic. Hows by you? Live in Sacramento now, got a big house and stuff, but much warmer weather most of the time. Of course, none of that matters much when addicted to Poser and its attachments. And tango, which consumes all other -- ha ha!! -- free time!

davidm ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 6:10 AM

LOL Thanks for filling me in Rob! :-) Dave

LordNakagawa ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 1:52 PM

I looked but I do not have this 'sun" and "sky" thing everyone is talking about. Is in the UI, or menu? If its in the toolbar its not appearing. I know, you have to wait until poser 5 right?

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 2:00 PM

it depends on the transparency settings for the cloud objects, if it's set too low then all you get is a layer of cloud, it really should be above 50% transparent to be able to see the sky dome, but then we get to the moon object as well, is it set to full or less than half, did you remember to activate the stars in the atmosphere editor? to see the clouds/sky you really need to activate the curtain open setting first. Rob

Kiera ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 2:05 PM

I occasionally catch myself saying "that sky would look just perfect if the sky dome color was a tad deeper.."

spook ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 2:59 PM

uh... is there any way to get a copy of that "sky" thing for free around here? (sorry. couldn't resist.)

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 3:07 PM

I'd upload a copy to freestuff but I think it might be frowned on by the ptb. ;) Rob

zorares ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 3:53 PM

While I look forward to P5, I'm not looking THAT forward to it because I'm STILL trying to learn P4! And now that I AM starting to understand P4 (even creating my own posable figre) I'll have to learn P5. So everyone chill!

http://schuetzenpowder.com/sigs.jpg

weirdass ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 4:18 PM

Attached Link: http://www.weirdass.net

New York City is a massive boolean with the most incredible texture mapping you've ever seen. I'm working on getting a cracked copy. Outside is defined by anywhere that a bridge or tunnel takes you.

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 6:27 PM

This is starting to sound like an idea for a challenge. 'outside' from the point of view of someone who's never been there. or perhaps the precurser for an outline for "Logan's Run II" I personally believe that outside may be only a state of mind, and that when you open a door you expect to see it so it magically appears before you. - TJ

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 7:38 PM

I think I rendered that mysterious yellow thingie once... but I can't be sure... Hmmmm.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

beav1 ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 9:13 PM

Since I started this...I gotta say I'm right with zorares...just when I thought I was catching on.... Beav

Phantast ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2002 at 4:40 PM

Nah ... There will be a whole bunch of threads on Poser 6.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.