Sat, Sep 21, 2:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Arabic and Egyptian Clothes and Hair Needed

bast ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2000 at 3:35 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:22 AM

Whilst I am discussing a need for period clothing and props from the 1920's, I should also mention that I am also searching constantly for clothing, characters, and hair for anything to do with Egypt, or Arabic things. I do have the models that came with Zygotes costume shop, as well as a few I have found online, but few address what I am searching for more specifically. Needed: "Harem Pants" conforming figure or prop both for typical poser 4 nude fem, and also the teenage form of the Thorneworks figures. "Egyptian kilts" for both male and females, again for both the typical people nudes as well as the slender teen figure body type typical of Thorneworks. "Arabic shoes" with pointed curled toes. These would be low heeled "slippers". "Crown of Horus" This would be the typical Egyptian head dress with the wings and falcon head. Sets of Egyptian Scenes, Lotus Capitals, Papyrus Capitals, Egyptian furniture, and miscellania. Sets of Arabic architecture and furnishings for scenes. If any of you who are better modelers than I am in 3d studio max wished to work with me on any of these items, I am a texture artist with limited modeling abilities. Liz Birdsong hbg@kreative.net

MadRed ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2000 at 4:39 PM

I have had good luck visiting various Egypt and Egyptian Art sites. Some small images of reliefs as well as heiroglyphs and paintings do OK when clipped and pasted to a square. Not top quality but workable. The Egyptian headdress is available on the web. I haven't seen stylized wings or a hawk's head yet, but an Anubis head (with headdress added) works for me. Isn't there a Belly Dancer out there with 'Harem Pants?' I don't know who posted this (bless 'em anyway) so I can't give credit. "Egyptian Kilt' is available, with extras like cuirass top and bottom. They call it 'Skant' but it just needs a new texture. Me, I don't re-invent the wheel too often. Maybe it shows in my work :( But I can pump out crap at an amazing rate! Seriously, the number of good quality models available should keep most of your original modeling to a minimum, or for specialty items.

bast ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2000 at 4:56 PM

I have downloaded the Belly dancer, she is a wonderful work, this is true, but is also a poser 3 model. Her pants are actually her legs, rather deformed to make them a bit lumpy and mapped. I have been working on models of Eastern African women, particularly Arabs and Egyptians, and would like clothing to go with them. They are poser 4 format. Alot of the Egyptian and Arabic stuff out there is great, yet looks awkward from the wrong angle (such as the Egyptian Collar on the Poser Props page) and I have rebuilt a new one in 3d Studio Max that one can also do a profile render with without this awkwardness, or in the case of the Egyptian Royals and Belly Dancer models, their "pants" and "skirts" are their legs modified, so once again does me no good for the custom made ethnic models I'm attempting to create of NorthEastern Africans. As far as I can, I am using what I can find available, also hating to reinvent the wheel as well :) Liz

MadRed ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2000 at 7:01 PM

Hmm. Tough one, there. You set the bar pretty high. Let us know how your search goes.

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2000 at 8:23 PM

Try the Poser Props Guild. There are a lot of Egyptian things there, including an Egyptian coffin and a Senet game. I have an Egyptian collar with texture map on Steve Shanks' Poser World (page 7). Check jschoen's site for the Nefertiti crown (sorry, I don't have his URL). There is definitely not enough Egyptian clothing, hair, and props out there. This is one subject I've been searching for since I started using Poser. Someone has a tutorial on creating an Egyptian column, but I haven't been able to accomplish it right. It would be nice if this site would offer a download of the actual column along with the tutorial on how to make it. Good luck in your search, and if you find anything, let us know. Melanie

willf ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2000 at 9:57 PM

You can re-shape that Egyptian collar with a magnet to get it to fit a little better. Use them also for making more pointed & curled slippers.

Huolong ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2000 at 11:50 PM

Planet Poser from Cacheforce has some Egyptian stuff. Pharoe's crook, belt. You might get the individual models you need - not for free, though.

Gordon

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 8:43 AM

There's also a Pharaoh's crook and flail on Lannie's site. Melanie

CEBrown ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2000 at 10:14 AM

The Costume Shop CD from Zygote has some Arabic stuff (veil, harem pants (I think!), scimitar, etc.).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.