Fri, Sep 20, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: Question for those of you that sell ART Prints here at Renderosity

HORNO ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 11:10 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:30 PM

Hi, guys and gals. Since this is one of the areas that I visit most at Renderosity, I thought I'd ask those of you that sell your art prints here at Renderosity some questions. Well, basically what I want to know is... Do you actually have any luck selling your prints? I was thinking about putting some of my photography work up, but I'm not sure if it is going to be worth the time and effort. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think my photos are excellent quality and are definitely sellable. In the past, I have sold photographic prints for several hundreds of dollars to various establishments as a means of making a little extra money. I am not a professional photographer, but I guess occasionally, some of my stuff has attracted buyers. I've been surfing around the Renderosity site and I saw how many people were selling things and I wonder if you really are? I'm sure the people selling Poser items are making a bundle. ;) I'd love to hear any other thoughts on the process of selling art prints through Rederosity. Thank you.

EricofSD ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 2:40 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=820062

I asked the same question a few days ago.

HORNO ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 3:01 AM

Thanks EricofSD. I guess I missed that one. I'm not really sure if anyone would be interested in photo prints at renderosity anyway because it is mainly a 3D design community. I might give it a shot with one or two of my prints. Who knows?

Eowyn ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 3:34 AM

If you go to the "Most wanted recent" part of the Art Prints section, you'll see that only ten prints or so come up... that makes me think only those have ever sold any copies so far.

foleypro ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 6:59 AM

Attached Link: http://www.rpggallery.com/

Not to be a person who complains but I am sorry the prices here are to high...I would put posters on sale if folks are buying them but when I surfed the net/web I found tons of places that sell posters and nowhere did I find these type of prices,Check the link I have provided and it will take you to a place that sells posters and prints and the prices are around 10$ and the prints for 20$..Now I pretty much can say the artists who are on the other site probably make more money then we do because of volume....I myself would rather sell 100 then 10 because the 100 will tell another hundred while the ten only tells ten...I hope I dont step on any toes here but I will not pay 65$ for A poster unless the artist is well known like Thomas Kinkade or I cant do the artwork myself....

Patricia ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 12:06 PM

The first time I heard the $65 price, I said it was too high. OTOH, I think the rpg folks above are a little low. There's a happy medium in there somewhere! (and I don't mean John Edward!)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 1:00 PM

other than the concerns about the price, my own is with quality, as you seen in that thread with my comments...

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2002 at 8:54 PM

I tried to take a look at your work, but, alas, there is not gallery for you. I'm sure you have your reasons. But to comment on your question...I see no reason why photograhy shouldn't sell as well as Poser/3d stuff. Maybe "straight" photography isn't as, hmmmmm, "open" as the so-called 3d stuff you see there. By open, I mean dealing, in some cases, with surealism. While this is touted as a community of artists, I would certainly think that people in search of buying art would somehow find their way to this site. Assuming i am correct, then those buyers could be looking for a variety of items to buy. I looked at eric's thread and see a theme on price. I would agree that the items offered here are of high quality, but lots of times, people want a poster-grade piece of art for a range of $20-$35 (American). They slap an economical frame on it and perhaps some glass and have a nice piece for their house at a reasonable cost. IMHO, most anyone else would looking at that price range would be people interested in contracting for work. But what do I know?

ElectricAardvark ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 2:34 AM

As far as the price goes. The biggest reason I see for the price being that high, is because these are made 'on demans'. And are of better quality than 'Poster Prints'. They are only printed one at a time, when some one orders a print, it gets printed. This way R'osity doen't have the overhead of storing massive amounts of posters that may or may not sell. In order to sell at $100 a piece they would have to order them in lots of like 1000 pieces or something lioke that. ~EA

HORNO ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2002 at 4:40 PM

ChuckEvans - yes, I don't have a gallery up, yet. I'm still new to poser and I am experimenting with many things. I hope to have something up in the new future.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.