Sat, Sep 21, 9:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Aug / Sept Challenge....

RimRunner ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2002 at 5:35 PM · edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 9:56 PM

To try and avoid the problem I had last month... where I thought the winner wasn't interested in posting a challenge... I have given July's winner more time to respond to the e-mails.
Alas... no response. :(

So while Pidjy did win July's challenge... we've already lost two weeks of August waiting for their post.

So... I will go ahead and start this one off... and because of the lost weeks, and the possible complexity, this challenge will go until September 25th. At Mid-night (Eastern time), we'll start the voting.

So... without further a due...

Theme: Concept Vehicles.
Constraints:
Must be original vehicles
(if you dont model, you can use a purchased and/or obtained model in a complete scene).
Must meet the ground (hover craft and low altitude flyers are ok) at least some of the time. Taking a hint from Ray Tracy in Full Tilt (http://www.menithings.com/video/FullTilt/Video_Tilt_01.html)

Can be modeled, drawn, and rendered in anything you choose.
While not a required, inclusion in a scene wouldnt hurt. ;)

So
what do you think the 2030 Ducati will look like?
Will cars actually fly (ala Back to the Future) in a few years and what will the roads look like?

For those of you keeping track... yup. I tried this near the beginning of July as well.
You can repost your entry from there in this thread (or in the Challenge Gallery.. with a link in the thread).

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

Baztd ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2002 at 5:56 PM

file_19683.jpg

as cars are relying more and more on computers to control the engine, brakes, power distribution etc. i guess it wont be long before its more computer and less car :o) say hello to the Carmadore 64

Baztd ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 9:34 PM

anyone else playing ?

ijack999 ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 7:23 AM

I'll be along shortly. This is my first try at creating a vehicle. It's nearly done but now I need to work on a setting.

KingHeroical ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 10:54 AM

The subject matter is rather more involved than it has been in the past couple of months, as is shown by the extended period through which this particular challenge runs. I am certain that there will be sufficient entries by Sept 25. I personally am only in the infant stages of the creation of the models for my image.

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 12:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12372&Form.ShowMessage=774008&Reply=810648#6

We also can't forget that little week at the beginning of last month's challenge confusion... where Kris, or Mist_Hunter01 had posted an entry... which I am accepting in this bi-month challenge .... Linked above.

mayadreams ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 8:42 AM

I would try to enter my self

ijack999 ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 11:39 PM

file_19684.jpg

:-)

pidjy ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 4:42 AM

Dear Rimrunner I apologize for not have posted a response earlier, I've just discoverd that I won july's challenge. But I did not have the possibility to come on renderosity web site those past 4 weeks. So excuse me for the trouble I've cosed Warm regards Pidjy

RimRunner ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 9:07 AM

No trouble at all. I just like to keep things moving... but tell you what.. we'll work out something if you have an idea for a challenge. :)

Batsarse ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 11:02 AM

file_19685.jpg

My first ever challenge entry, this nasty contraption is used for the transportation of arrested perps from the scene of the crime to the slammer.

pidjy ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 7:48 AM

file_19686.jpg

Hi everyboby. Here is my image for the august / september challenge. I made it with bryce (models and textures) the trees are 2D images import in the scene. Hope you like it. Rim : I still apologize for the topic I should have post this month.. next time maybe! Warm regards. Pidjy

otacon ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2002 at 11:13 PM

file_19687.jpg

Heres a low flying homade aircraft i made. Im not sure if it fits the rules, but i thought id post it just too see.

Batsarse ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 2:35 AM

Is that a photograph? You fly it, I'll call the FAA :)

WorldsTrader ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2002 at 12:48 PM

file_19688.jpg

Here it is... WT Motors 6000 Cheetah. A very simple model but I like it on some unknown reason. 3DSmax , the one and only...

RimRunner ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 11:59 PM

Well, we're at the 1/2 way point.. and I must say, some very impressive concepts here!! Let keep 'em coming... :)

ijack999 ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 1:52 PM

file_19690.jpg

Entry number two: Future Custom

mufizal ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 7:10 PM

file_19691.jpg

well what the heck.. might as well just give it a try..:) yamaha concept bike. 1100cc supercharged.

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 11:26 PM

Attached Link: Sand Speeder

file_19692.jpg

Here's mine. I took the one I had before out, because I didn't consider it worthy enough against this great competition. This is one that I am slightly more attracted to ;) Many thanks to RR for making me re-enter.

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 11:28 PM

oh yeah, all in Bryce, if you're wondering. Metaballs and volumetric smoke :)

ijack999 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 7:59 AM

file_19693.jpg

Land Speed Racer

Baztd ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 2:12 PM

file_19694.jpg

its a car type thing ;o) erm... yup.

Gabosamu ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:21 AM

file_19696.jpg

Hello everyone: I saw the concept vehicle challenge yesterday, so I wasn't gonna have time to design and model, I decided to post the car from which I created the Lamborghini Devilon GNX on my gallery, and here it is the original "Lamborghini Devilon", the scene is another test of raytraced materials and fake sunlight, it has 186,756 polygons and waited 3 hours 6 minutes and 16 seconds, this is the way I see Lamborghinis in about 10 or 15 years, still on the ground but really fast, hope you like it.

Gabosamu ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 2:43 AM

file_19697.jpg

Well this one is my personal record, designed, modeled and textured in one day, hope you guys like it, this one looks a lot more like a concept vehicle than the devilon, this time I didn't wanted to wait another 3 hours to get an image with sunlight and raytraced materials, waited only 20 minutes, it has a bit more than 164,000 polygons, probably pontiac will be taking cars like this one to production in about 20 years. Is there a problem if I leave the two cars for the voting?, if so I'll be leaving this one and removing the devilon. Thanks for viewing.

Batsarse ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 7:26 AM

How did you do those tyre treads?

Batsarse ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 8:15 AM

file_19698.jpg

Police APC. It's got extra armour plates on the side to stop naughty people from throwing bombs in there, and the hatch is around the back. It works in tandem with the prison truck I posted earlier, but this is the one that does the arresting. Looks like I've got a thing for caterpillar tracks :o)

Gabosamu ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 1:45 AM

Those tire threads are easy, they were made with 3d max 3.0, all you have to do is model the line thread, make a mirror of it, clone it with the spacing tool, extrude it with a black matte material, and make a render of it, if you wish you can adapt the map to fit the tire with PSP or photoshop like I did, set it as a bump on the tire material, and there you go.

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:31 PM

Final Call for entries. This one will end on Friday, voting to follow on Saturday, Sunday and wrapping up on Monday evening. Good luck to all!! Love some of these concept vehicles. :)

RimRunner ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 12:04 PM

Well.. here it is, finally time to vote. I can say that I've never been so torn. Almost wish that I could vote in 'classes' or by application.. but, only one vote per person.. so... I place my chip on Mist_Hunter01 (linked above). That is one car I would HAVE to own, if it were real. ;)

ijack999 ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 12:56 PM

I could see myself in the Pontiac Axle. Thats more my style. My vote goes to gabosamu.

Baztd ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2002 at 2:37 AM

gonna have to go with the police apc. wont have any bother parking it :o)

Batsarse ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2002 at 5:13 AM

iJack999's Electric Studabaker gets my vote, because it's a nice, simple blend of retro and modern. It actually looks like something you'd see on the roads in the near future, and here's the clincher - it looks affordable as well!

TRLee ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 9:45 PM

iJack999's Studebaker image gets my vote. Simple ,elegant.

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 1:20 AM

!Jack999's Studebaker is mine too. -Kixsupercool.gif

-Kix

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 11:42 AM

yup...it's the Studebaker..alwys loved em and was sorry t see em disappear bobby

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

stotty ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 4:44 PM

mufizal's Yamaha concept bike gets my vote if its not to late :)

stotty ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 4:44 PM

mufizal's Yamaha concept bike gets my vote if its not to late :)

DK_Works ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 2:04 AM

6000 Cheetah is the best Pontiac Axle is second best. -DK Works

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 9:16 AM

Well... as the voting comes to a close, it seems very obvious that: ijack999 took it with his Studebaker. :) Congrats ijack... please start a new thread with Octobers challenge idea. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.