Fri, Sep 20, 3:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Did you get a message like this from Curious Labs Inc.?

Himico ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 5:11 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:59 AM

I ordered the Poser5 on August 25. I have receive no e-mail. Responding to my inquiry, they saidwe allow 1-3 days for orders to be processed once we begin shipping. We have no way to track the status of your order on our website. If you have not received tracking information on your order by Thursday morning, please contact me at orders@curiouslabs.com to follow up on your package. They have no way to track my order. However, if I dont receive the tracking information by Thursday morning, they will investigate the problem?????

kelchris3 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 5:19 PM

I got one like that too. Crossing my fingers!!!

neoken1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 5:22 PM

Yeah, I got the same (copy/paste) mail respone when I emailed them (I ordered Aug 23). I'm trying not to freak-out too much. Or read into any mail messages (like the one you and I also received). We can only imagine the amount of orders (and overnight/next-day orders) a small company can fill in one day.

Himico ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 5:42 PM

The following is the reason why I mentioned it. -------------------------------------------------------------------- Also, Starlet wanted me to tell everyone that people who placed an order today, no matter which method, will be receiving their tracking numbers tonight. Thanks for your patience & support! Karen Curious Labs 9/6/02 2. Re: Curious Labs no longer taking phone orders??? by emaleth on 9/6/02 16:50

genny ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 5:45 PM

I didn't recieve anything from CL except the initial "thank you for your order", when I first purchased it? Did they send out tracking numbers to anyone? The message you posted, Himico, doesn't make sense, How can they investigate it on Thursday but not today? I am not saying you don't make sense, it was what they told you that has me confused. (: Genny

genny ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 5:49 PM

Karen, we must have cross posted, but I would like to ask, what about those of us who ordered in advance........will we get tracking numbers too? I don't need mine today, as I can imagine you guys are overwhelmed, but it would be nice to have before it gets here! LOL! Genny

Himico ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 6:02 PM

Sorry Genny, I referred to Karens words. According to Karen, everyone should receive their tracking numbers by the night of 9/6/02. Himico

genny ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 6:11 PM

Thanks Himico, but Forgive me if I am mistaken, but today is 9/9/02? I never recieved a tracking number, but I suppose today is Monday, and they probably have been swamped? Oh, well, I will just wait and see. For all I know it's on it way, as I live only about 100 miles from them. (: Genny

neoken1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 6:58 PM

It is rather confusing...I saw a simular post by starlet on this past friday. You might want to double check your email. I ordered mine on 8/23 and I just got my tracking number as I am posting this message. Himico - you ordered around that same time (or anyone else) double check ;)

genny ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 7:06 PM

Yeah, I finally got the tracking number a few minutes ago but Airborne doesn't have any information? Oh, well, I will check it tomorrow to see if it has been updated. Genny

kelchris3 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 7:09 PM

Finally got a tracking number!!!!!! Nothing on the site. So I called. Yes I'm going nuts!!! Said it was picked up from CL today. Delivery date here is 16th. Man that seems like forever!!! I live in Texas not Siberia. ROFL Guess that is what I get for going ground shipping.

neoken1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 7:14 PM

I got no info also...I figure it's sitting in some Airborne Warehouse in Cali. But at least CL is trying to fulfill all orders...even for us fellow grounders (too broke to pay for next-day)

Cromwell1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 7:36 PM

I ordered mine Friday morning and got the confirmation e-mail, but nothing for a tracking #. I hope they shipped it and overlooked the e-mail(I've had that happen before). Otherwise it will be who knows when before I get it. Most likely the last time I order from them again.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 8:03 PM

Cromwell1, dude, CL is trying to keep up with like three weeks of PRE-ORDERS and you're complaining about ordering Friday and not getting a tracking # three days later? There are literally THOUSANDS of orders pre-dating yours. You can't blame CL for not bucking your order to the front of the queue. Get in line.... Kuroyume Ordered 8/28/2002

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Cromwell1 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 8:12 PM

Hey now I wasn't saying my order should be, but at the same time they said Friday that everyone who had ordered that day should be getting their tracking #'s (look at the above quote). So don't be slamming me for customer expectations they set. >=(

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 8:27 PM

Sorry. I know, but you can imagine three people (who knows how many for real) trying to prepare and coordinate shipments and fire off shipment notices to a thousand people a day. Probably not totally automated and you can bet that they bit off more than they could chew with everybody's flurry to get their copy of P5 (with pre-orders and orders around the release date). Anyway, don't quote me on this, but I thought that I read somewhere that pre-orders would have their tracking # by 9/6/02. I just (literally) received mine, but it doesn't bother me as long as it eventually arrives (with Airbone's (that's not a typo) record as described on this forum, that could be a sight to see). ;P With that in mind, your shipment notification may arrive later tonight or in the morning. That's not too bad considering some online ordering that I've done in the past. One software company took my money (credit card) with a "you'll get your preregistered copy of the software in an e-mail within 24 hours" and didn't receive it for nearly three weeks and after several escalatingly ligitical e-mails to them. Patience, Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

kelchris3 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 8:29 PM

I pre-ordered mine 8/30 but I'm not griping just happy it's on it's way. I imagine Curious Labs is doing it's best to get the orders out in a timely manner. Now let's all play nice and wait as patiently as we can. LOLOL

whbos ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 8:29 PM

I received that same generic response, but note what they say about International orders. The people overseas should be pleased with this: Thank you for your email regarding your preorder of Curious Labs Poser 5. We began shipping orders placed in our US online store last Friday. As stated on our website, we allow 1-3 days for orders to be processed once we begin shipping. Our fabulous warehouse is getting the packages out the door as fast as they can and the remainder of the preorders will be shipped today and Tuesday. International preorders should begin to arrive on doorsteps on September 15. You will receive tracking information at the end of the day (PST) on the day your package ships. We have no way to track the status of your order on our website. If you have not received tracking information on your order by Thursday morning, please contact me at orders@curiouslabs.com to follow up on your package. *************** About an hour later, I received my tracking number, but as someone else said when I checked AirBorne's website, there was no information. It's probably not posted yet. I pre-ordered August 27th.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

whbos ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 9:30 PM

Of course, they say "begin to arrive on doorsteps on September 15." This would probably be determined by when the order was first placed. I would think that Canadian orders wouldn't be much different from U.S. orders. I used to ship UPS Ground to Canada from the D.C. area and sometimes it only took three days. That was a few years ago, but I can't imagine things have changed much. But then again you have Customs and I know what a PITA they are.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

Himico ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 11:39 PM

Thank you neoken1. I did received the mail tonight. I agree that it was not an important issue. My confusion happened because CL overstated it, and did not carry out what they promised.

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 12:23 AM

I pre-ordered and haven't received any notification yet. I even emailed when I found out they were shipping because I had given them my po box rather than my physical address. But before emailing them, I called and left a message.

Nothing.

I realize they've got a lot to get out but someone could have returned a call by now.

...... Kendra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.