Sat, Sep 21, 2:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: How am I doing Steve and Traveler?

bast ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 3:13 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:29 AM

Attached Link: Ayesha

file_123748.jpg

Heya, well life goes on and I get waylaid by it as usual, so I am now what... two weeks late in getting up a model I am trying to use in a series of 1920's models and clothing, some of which are native to NorthEastern Africa. This is Ayesha, the first of my Silent Ladies Who Roared. I have been working on her harem pants, since every attempt to get anything to work short of learning how to build them myself has failed. Now I am stuck, since though they look good in one position, and I even did get IK chains set and working, they do not work right upon moving the figure around, nor do they conform correctly. Steve, you are a master with clothing. So are you Traveler. Ayesha in fact owes most of her existence in many of her morphs to Traveler. Would either of you gentlemen, or any of you who are more experienced at this than I, care to download Ayesha, and her poor miserable harem pants, and help me fix them so they are ready to post? She is a bit better endowed than the American Flapper girl I am working on, but has very similar proportions, and I hope to get up Julia and Bebe, my two flappers soon as I have time for a decent presentation of them, to once again beg folks to make 1920's garb for my Silent Ladies collection, that I would like to share with all. Would't it be nice... IF MY PANTS WORKED? Please help? For any with genuine desire to see this little belly dancer dressed right and a willingness to have a go at helping me figure out where I am going wrong, go get her and her pants at http://www.kreative.net/hbg/silentladies/ayesha.html There are also more renderings of the little dancing lady on that page as well. Thanks ever so, Liz Birdsong hbg@kreative.net

melanie ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 8:52 AM

The colorful collar looks more Egyptian than Arabian. The Egyptians didn't wear pants. But the detail is well done. Melanie

bast ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 9:24 AM

Ah yes, correct Melanie, but you see, on the virtual reality world I admin, Ayesha is an entertainer, of the exotic dancer variety, catering to the tourist trade. Tourists love to see fake antiquities mixed in with their hareem clothing. There is actually a history to every character in the game ;P That is hers. I do though have others in the works who need to be purely Arabic in dress, and some purely Bedouin in dress.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 10:54 AM

Ayesha - isn't that the name of H. Rider Haggard's (sp?) She? Of course, this looks more like what he'd probably envisioned than Ursula Andress did... But She was definitely not an entertainer!

steveshanks ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 1:35 PM

Looking good :o) Just dloading them now Liz :o) I fancied making something similar for the guy...kind of like "the king and I" but i found the bagginess of the pants caused problems, will try again though :o)....i did have a pair of curly shoes left over though which rena has made conforming for the guy but i guess they could be converted for the woman.........I'm with you on the twentys stuff and so is Rena we'll need to sort out a morphed figure though coz the Poser womans chest is just too big, am I right in thinking larger ladies in that era used to wear clothing to shrink the chest i think travelers chest morph should work great...have a look here http://www.poserworld.com/clothes14.htm bottom left see if her figure is about right....Steve

steveshanks ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 1:47 PM

OK here goes Liz your problem here is you used an exported figure to model around so they won't conform properley if you can do the same but build around a figure coming straight from the gemotries folder they'll conform fine ....hers what I did...I exported the pants then lined them up with a poser figure..problem was the bottom of the pants won't line up with the figure ankles and the pants have a slight bend in the leg where as the figure doesn't...so I then exported them and edited a cr2 to point to the new pants, they conformed pretty well (apart from the ankle problems) just a little break up between hip and ab on the side, so if you redo then on a figure from geometries they should be OK :o)......Steve

bast ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 4:07 PM

Heya Steve, I originally morph targeted the Womans Slacks model to create the "shape" you see. However due to the morphing, they no longer bent anywhere near where the knee bends. So I then did export into 3d Studio Max, booleaned the legs, cut them again, trying to use Ayesha as a guide on where to cut to get the bends right, etc. Then reimported them, and now have tried about 40 different methods to get them to work right, none of which work very well at all. I can put up the original before export morphed pants to see if someone might manage to make them fit Ayesha at the joints. As to Ayesha, she is a morphed woman, using a great number of Travelers morphs and if you download her and strip off her clothing you will see she has quite a typical of the 1920's Garconesque form, flat and boyish and a bit rounded nonetheless. She began life as Hellborns lovely lady, then altered a great deal, so she is the Hellborn WWG lady, totally redone to create a new ethnic look. And yes, Ayesha is the name of Haggards splendid villainess, whom I admire greatly, and whom heavily influenced the theme of the virtual world where Ayesha lives and breathes, Cairo. And no, ordinarily one might not find THAT Ayesha dancing... this though is quite another in the end, her own personage. I will try to upload the original morphed trowsers and maybe see if anyone can give me a hand at making them fit without export :) Will post when I manage that in fact :) Liz Birdsong PS Steve if you are looking for a 1920's Garconnesque figured female of a caucasion more American, Bebe Danials, Clara Bow look, who is also morphed, though this one off Evolution with a totally new look and feel, I will put up my almost done Julia for you to see if you might model flapper clothes for.

steveshanks ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 4:17 PM

they work pretty OK apart from the fact that you used an exported pair ..if you repeat the proccess on a pair from the geometries folder they should work fine that was the major problem oh and use the jeans cr2 (edited) to make them conform...I don't think we can do conforming clothes on the evolution coz her joints are changed..love to see some pics though get a feel for what you want :o)...Steve

MadRed ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 5:56 PM

Wow. Impressed. OK?

lmacken ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 6:10 PM

disclaimer: I am not a harem dancer Pants or skirt(s) is optional, but a dancer wouldn't go on without an ornanamented cloth belt.

Traveler ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2000 at 6:24 PM

Steve beat me to the fix :) Looking good! Excellent work. -Trav

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.