Fri, Sep 20, 1:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: A tribute to Mr. Cooper

EricofSD ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:24 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:25 AM

Mr. Cooper, thank you for bringing us Poser 5. While this is cutting edge technology with the dynamic cloth and hair, and collision detection, and incalculable enhancements, the features of the program are only a small part of who you are and what CL is about. Youve given us a taste of your California dreaming when you perceived that others were in need of the same. Youve worn the hats of a leader, programmer, customer relations, executive, and friend. Youve given a program packed with excitement to keep us at our computers for hours on end exploring our creative side. Youve unlocked potential that we never knew we had. Youve given us self esteem by helping us share our creative thoughts in tangible art that others can see. Of all the software companies in the world, you have shown that the mom and pop personal service is still alive in the corporate software world. Even with your busy schedule, you scan the internet boards and respond not only personally to the many questions and concerns, but in a professional and dignified way. You have balanced corporate protection with ease of use for the consumer. You have balanced revenue for the company with a substantive product for your users. You have balanced your busy schedule with well thought and personal customer time. You have balanced consumer concern with the expense of product improvement. And in all your balances, we feel that you have favored us. All of these things impress us, and there are two more that are worth more than gold. You said you would be fair and price the product in the Poser tradition. You did. You kept your word as all honorable men do. In a world where 3d programs cost 5k or more, you offered the upgrade at an affordable wage for all of us. The day will come when Poser is the premier package for Hollywood and gives the elite a run for the money. And we will be proud to have helped you get there. We will be proud to share our stories about the early Poser days and how we had to work hard to farm the land. This is a major breakthrough and you bore it well. You also made yourself vulnerable so that you could improve the product. By posting on Renderosity, and taking the heat, you have set yourself up for the best feedback that you could ever obtain. It came with a price. You listened to the discontent, endured the flame, and improved the product from what you learned. And you have remained humble throughout the entire time. Youre a wise man, and an exemplary leader. May the winds of fortune come your way, youve earned it.

neftis ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 12:07 AM

I am totally with you on this one EricofSD!!! Thanks for everything Steve!you and all your team are wonderful! all my best to you all over there! HUGS! Nef

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 1:06 AM

Hey, Neftis! I get a turn, too! {{{hug}}} Especially since Steve should be taking a couple of days vacation this week, but instead is at PoserPros discussing the concerns of the merchants and content creators. They say that there is no rest for the wicked, but I think that refers to people who burn the candle at both ends! ;^) Steve and Larry, we really are glad that you hung in there and kept Poser alive... but mostly that you made it unbelievably better. You saw our faces... Thank you, Carolly

wdupre ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 1:39 AM

Hay 610 posts on that thread is that some kind of record for poserpro's? In case anyone missed it Kupa said he is in talks with his lawyers about the possability of modifying the EULA to dispel the fears of the community.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 1:58 AM

610 posts on that thread Which thread was that?

quixote ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 3:24 AM

Steve, I wish you, Larry and your great crew my very best. Thank you for a wonderful product. Q

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 4:02 AM

Thanks Steve!

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 5:24 AM

candle burns too slow - not enough light. prehaps if I carve it down to the wick in the middle and light that. Thanks Mr.C. I'm impressed vicariously so far but soon, I hope, I Will know the wonders of P5 firsthand. - TJ

Artist3D ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 5:55 AM

Just got my Poser5 Steve,Looks real Cool.I'm not gonna kiss your butt,but maybe pat it a bit,LOL.Looks really great.Thanks.

Magix-101 ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 6:13 AM

Eric...I have to totally agree with your tribute. So many CEOs these days are distant and give vague promises at best as to when their particular software packages will ever be fixed to meet the users needs. Most of the time you cant even talk to them, cause they are too busy being important. Steve and Co are not like this and we do appreciate it, he's kept Clabs as a cottage industry and we appreciate this also and recognize that it's a rare thing in the fast paced world of software development. Congratulations Steve and all the crew at CLabs...Poser 5 is a wonderful program, we all wish you much success. Cheers Harvey Mann

dirk5027 ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 7:53 AM

gonna have to ask too, where is this thread?

PabloS ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 8:26 AM

Mr. Cooper holds a "talent" that probably only a handful of people on the plant have, "Leadership." He's come here numerous times to communicate what he's going to do and he's followed through everytime as EricofSD illustrates above. "Integrity and commitment." He's inspired the CL family to work months without pay. You don't see that happen every day! He would probably never say this publically, but I suspect he's also spent untold nights laying awake at night agonizing about the welfare of that family in a way you could only understand if you've been there. I've seen some posts attempt to issue shame on Mr. Cooper and the CL family for releasing P5 before it's ready. A bit short-sighted, lacking the big picture. Sure they've stumbled but from Steve's posts, I can see the vision and commitment is strong and am confident that the leadership that has brought them this far will bring them continued success in the future.

jval ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 8:47 AM

Despite my disagreement with a few controversial aspects of Poser 5 I must agree that Mr. Cooper and staff have acted in a remarkably professional, even friendly, manner. I have read many negative postings that border upon personal attack yet the CL staff remain unfailing polite. It's tough being in business, especially when they make themselves so publicly available. - Jack

Puntomaus ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 9:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.poserpros.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3922

It's in the PoserPros *General Discussions* Forum.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 10:14 AM

Have to add my voice to the chorus. I haven't received my copy yet, but no matter WHAT poser 5 does.... hangs, crashes, explodes my machine... makes NO difference to what Kupa has shown the community. He's shown all poser users that he cares, that he keeps his promises and that, if there's a problem, he'll do his level best to fix it. Kudos to Kupa..... AND everyone else at CL who make it a great company. mac

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 8:12 PM

Well said!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Lorraine ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 11:33 PM

yes yes!...this program is great....most of what I have experienced comes from my own error or from not having my puter in tip top shape....but this program is doing better and better as I get things fixed up....no more freezing problem, now I just need to get my puter up to the right memory for the rendering to go smoother....but I am happy iwth the program...I am sure there are some "fixes" that will come along but I see all the hard work to bring everyone the features they asked for...bravo!

kupa ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 12:29 AM

Thank you. I'll share your thoughts and comments with the team that created Poser 5. They're all being hit hard by the reaction, living thread to thread as well and want to help make things right. Steve Cooper

EricofSD ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 1:09 AM

The team is well appreciated here. Everyone who worked on the project is deserving of success and we hope the best for all.

Artist3D ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 2:43 AM

Ah, tell em they shouldn't be hit hard.It is a really cool program,bugs and all.We know you guys(and gals)will make any bugs right.There was some huge post where people went on and on,and I said a VERY simple statement,"Use the program,list the bugs,and NICELY MENTION (Not scream or accuse),to CL and they will work on them."Not a hard thing to grasp.Of course it is not perfect,but it is a major improvement and lotsa fun.Everyone should know you always want the best for Poser.I know you will fix anything you can,and trust you......Now about a smaller manual....;o).Great program Steve,et.all.Really Cool.

Mitch1 ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 9:48 AM

I agree with everything said here. Poser 5 is a gem of a program!! In many ways this version is almost a Release 1 because of the high end multiple new features it is including. We used to have just one room, now how many more we have: 7!!! You have the right vision, Kupa, stick with it. Keep improving the software, squashing bugs. I would try to include 3D hardware support in an upcoming patch, but again, you guys have the groundwork for something great, just keep up the great work! Thanks to you Kupa, and to all the hard working people at Curious Labs!!

jval ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 10:12 AM

...They're all being hit hard by the reaction... ...tell em they shouldn't be hit hard... Being "hit hard" is a good thing, isn't it? It shows that in an adversarial situation both sides care strongly about your product. If this wasn't so the rest would be pointless. It is when nobody gives a damn that you might as well give up. There a few things in Poser 5 that I hate. But it appears to have its valuable points also. It's not all one-sided. - Jack

CyberStretch ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 10:26 AM

jval, Thanks for going through the explanation, I was beginning to wonder if anyone realized it. Since I have probably been one of the "toughest" on CL/P5, it is because CL/P5 has shown some promise and the intent was never malignant. In order to push the limits, you have to know what needs improvement.

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 1:21 PM

snicker

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.