Thu, Sep 19, 4:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:54 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Why I may STOP visiting RENDEROSITY :-/

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 5:23 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:57 PM

Hi i have a Highspeed Cable modem on the Comcast system i can go to Bloomberg.com and watch Live news video feeds Downloading 25 meg 3D animation video clips area breeze for me but i must say that trying to enjoy a visit to these forums is becoming a tedious experience of waiting as much as 2 minutes to open a thread. its so bad that i keep a second window open and hang out over at the CG channel to kill time while rosity is changing screens. and the timeouts ( timeouts!!!??) and failures to connect have become so commplace its pathetic!!! what is the problem with the servers here??? (not that it matters) But i get some same horrible performance on this website On my 300 MHZ MACG3 runnig OSX and IE5.5 at home that i get on my 1.2 GHZ Dell at My Office running WIN2K Pro. with DSL

My website

YouTube Channel

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 5:43 PM

It's not your system, It's on our side. We are working as fast as we can to fix this. We are truly sorry for this slowness. Spike

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

firefly ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 11:12 PM

Hi Wolf359. I understand your frustrations and run into some of the same ones you do. The reno job that is going on at this site just now is absolutely huge and I have a lot of admiration for the gutsyness and determination of the people working on this project. I also have every faith that all the problems and the slow load issues will be dealt with and cleaned up. Please try to bear with us for just a little longer and enjoy that moment when things all come together?

Sking ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 2:30 AM

Spike, I have to be honest and say im experiencing the same problems with our fibre optic cable connection we have here. But, it is just a little inconvienience (shocking spelling LOL) because I know you guys will get this sorted out. I for one appreciate the efforts and the time your team are putting into trying to sort these performance issues out and for that I thank you. I no it is hugh task and it takes time. Just remember everyone, they are doing their best for us. ----- Scott.

jeweldragon ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 5:53 AM

yes i agree with sking its a pain but after all we do get to put out our art for free no membership fees etc.. so i for one will try to be patient and be thankful that there is a site like this at all to come to and im also thankful im not the one stuck fixing the site LOL

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 10:15 AM

a damn shame wolf. you won't be missed.

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 10:47 AM

gee slynky after a comment like that I daresay you wouldn't either. Wolf I feel the pain - but I'm on a dial-up so it's even more painful :-D But it should be finished soon and it should work better than before. As for art shown for free- that's the hook to get you to come here and spend your money - nothing is ever really "free" ;-)

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

tuttle ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 2:06 PM

Living in the middle of nowhere (we can't even get broadband) I'm used to waiting for stuff to load so I can't seem to get very worked up about this. Mind you, I did find it pretty funny that you guys have altered the "back to gallery" to do a javascript.back() instead of a reload. Did you think we wouldn't notice? |:[] :)

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 4:50 PM

I know Rendoristy is trying to fix the problems with their server, I am just as frustrated as the rest of you, The one thing I have not seen is why renderosity was messing with the server in the first place I thought It was fine before and there is a saying if it isnt broken dont fix it. Not to put much pressure on renderosity but I think its very poor that they are doing this after all if it wasnt for us visitors and memebers renderosity would NOT exist period. Im with alot of you I might be giving up on this site too I have already found equally good 3d communtites with outh the browsing hassle I like many other have experiance here and have begun putting my stuff there so I hope Renderosity gets this problem fix soon or else you might loose many valued members okay im off my soap box now DArk RAven

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 4:59 PM

Dark RAvem probably making the changes for what they hope will be a new influx of users due to Content Paradise.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 5:15 PM

"I think its very poor that they are doing this after all if it wasnt for us visitors and memebers renderosity would NOT exist period." That is one of the reasons for the upgrades. as the communities grow, so does the need for upgrades. New drives,dedicated servers,software updates, The database's grow as the membership grows. Think of all that data added everyday here with new gallery uploads,forum posts,not to mention all the files for the store. We just had to upgrade at the 3DCommune and it was not a smoothe transition either. Jackie and I are temporarily on dial-up becaus we moved and are waiting to the DSL to be transferred.I dont have any problems surfing here. alot of it could be clogged routers along the path. Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 6:03 PM

Im sorry my message seem harsh im just frustraded I really love this site and have very few free hours and when I want to come to post new works or look at others works and get the white page of death its just frustrating and not only as a user but as a computer programmer and system anyalysis is what I have my Associates degeree in currently working on my bachalors, I know for a fact that if this was a real bussniess that was depended on its data base they would of been out of business after 2 days of this, the point is a little incovinece is expected but this has been going on for over a week atleast, Im not faulting Renderosity total for they are trying to make the servers better for the traffic, im just saying i think they could of planned it a little better to not cause so many problems, and taken in its current members consideration rather then they people they might get in the future. I have been trying to get into the art gallery for 3 days and can not access it at all. well I hope they do get it fix soon that is all It will take to make me happy....:-)

Lyne ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 6:06 PM

The site itself, the forums seems to be more responsive today (DSL, 1300+ on line - which also means it would be faster)... but the gallery via the other server seems about the same (with links that don't work right as mentioned above) I would not give up on the community and web site.... and appreciate the work going on.. servers are one thing, but doesn't it seem like the connection those servers have to the internet need the upgrade? I have no idea how that is set up, but when things slow down when more members are on line, it's like a traffic jam... so maybe that is it!? Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 6:12 PM

your right lyne the more people the more of a traffic jam you get I dont know how they are setting up there servers but if they expect to have this many people using 2000+ they need to do one of two things get a really big expensive server or run multiple servers that connect into one main server just a suggestion, but again like I said I cant really help them much because I dont know how they are setting things up

ShadowWind ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 7:00 AM

It is frustrating, and I'm sure it's just as frustrating to the powers that be that the servers are running slow. No system administrator likes to hear that. I think they are trying very hard to get it all worked out, but it's a difficult process to find just that right combination. At work we deal with such server issues all the time, and we have to take each step at a time, not always seeming to move forward, even though in the long run we are.

Also I've been on other commercial sites where it was just as bad, but eventually after hanging with them, they managed to work out their problems and I'm sure at some point (hopefully sooner than later), it will settle down. I'd say hang tight Dark_Raven, or try to hit the off peak hours for the moment until all is settled.

Slynky ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 3:13 PM

frigidity affects everyone. open wide.

pmoores ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2002 at 10:27 PM

Horribly horribly slow... at work the firewall after no reponse for a shot period auto blocks it. On the other hand, bought a 15 meg texture file and it downloaded at 150kbytes/s hehe. Needless to say its a server issue cause bandwidth sure is there.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.