Fri, Sep 20, 1:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: CL guys & girls please read this thread *IMPORTANT*

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 3:20 PM · edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 10:56 PM

file_26143.jpg

First I've had to shrink this pic slightly it's original size was 800x745, it was rendered in a new window, as you can see I used the Millenium dragon, at 60,000+ polygons it's the biggest figure I own. I added 5 lights all with raytraced shadows, the ball in the dragons hand has raytraced reflections, it took just over an hour to render with production quality Firefly renderer all settings switched on. Did I mention this is post SR1? SR1 is rock solid for me. Thank you once again everyone at Curious Labs. Rob

thgeisel ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 3:28 PM

great render ,and as said before,p5 rocks. try refaction on the sphere , and you get something like a crystal ball.set the refraction value about 1.5

thgeisel ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 3:28 PM

sorry forgot a "r" :-))

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 3:31 PM

neat idea thanks thgeisel :) love the mirror pic you did earlier

StellarDream ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 3:47 PM

Great? Do you want to see something great go to http://worley.com and check G2 out. Now that IS great. I'm sitting here with my jaw bouncing off the floor. Now that's where my $300 are going for outstanding LightWave plugin, not some crapware that you all people praise here.

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 3:52 PM

pretty impressive for a plugin, pretty much crapware for me tho as I don't have lightwave & not likely to get it either, also don't forget I've only had Poser5 for just over a week, still getting used to all the new settings

ronmolina ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 4:10 PM

The patch is rock solid for me to. Cant believe the difference in loading times and going from room to room. its very fast. Ron

soulhuntre ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 4:24 PM

I agtree... the speed improvement is outstanding :)

StellarDream ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 4:40 PM

I'm not saying that your render is crappy, because you're unexperienced. What I'm trying to say Poser 5 will never be able to reproduce the same quality. And to me Poser 5 is a major letdown. I thought it would make my life easier so I can model hair in Poser, import .OBJ into LightWave and render it w/ Sasquatch. Turns out Poser exports hair as polygons rather then polychains :( So, they need to be converted using some kind of script. I hoped that future versions of Poser would have something like skin shader. Oh, well, it can't do it either. And no real improvements in character animation. Unfortunately Poser still doesn't support OpenGL, either. Rendering seems to be slow, too. 5 lights with raytracing enabled in 1 hour? That is very very long. Of course, LightWave + plugins = lots of money. But look at the result. Eye candy! I just feel so disappointed. I really looked forward to get Poser 5. I'm also amazed that so many people praise CL for releasing such unfinished product Oh, well... Now I think of CL as McDonald's of 3D graphics industry

Lawndart ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 4:48 PM

Hey c1rcle, Try taking the texture map node for the skin and ALSO plugging it into the deformation channel and see what happens. You should see the geometry actually raise up and look like modeled scales that match the texture. I'm interested in seeing the results if you decide to embark on that little adventure. Cheers, Joe

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 6:08 PM

file_26144.jpg

One hour for that? Doesnt P5 have bump maps? Looks like the dragon is made of plastic or something,too much spectacular and gloss. For that small of resolution it shoulda rendered in about five minutes. I dont know circle, seems a little long for just that,I bet you couldve done the same thing with P4 but I might be wrong.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 6:32 PM

Great render, but Gee, an hour? And I bet as soon as it was done you saw three things you wanted to change, too!

jwkub ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 8:20 PM

file_26145.jpg

A more dimensional aproach to the mil dragon. you should explore the Mat room more, me thinks its the best p5 feature !

Happy rendering,
Jeff

c1rcle ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 2:23 AM

as it happens I did notice at least 3 things I wanted to change, but this was just a test to see how stable the patch is by throwing my biggest figure at it & setting everything to maximum, I wasn't worried about the bump mapping for this one, I'll be back with something better soon ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.