Sun, Sep 22, 7:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: My attempts at Victoria morph target Now Posted FS Pages

jschoen ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 2:22 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:28 AM

file_124197.jpg

Well I had to start somewhere. So after the elf ears I did more. And thanks to the tip on how to remove the unwanted stuff in the obj files. I got the targets from 1.4 megs to 266k. But there are a few of them. I'm hopeing that they will indeed work with PC since they just are type files. So all who were waiting for Victoria/Milli MTs you can use mine until the professionals start in. ;-) Enjoy! James

Ede ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 2:37 AM

i love you james :-)

LoboUK ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 2:42 AM

Outstanding James - thanks for making these available Paul

Ede ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 2:56 AM

..was great! just wanted to tell you were absolutely right with what you were saying :) i think in a few days the things available for millie get even more insane like they did ever before and it will be the start of a great new generation of characters! It's just one can hardly wait to play around with a new toy the first days :-) and it really bothers if something is not working right from the beginning patience is not one of our virtues here :) but we learn g I'm with you! -Ede

f91 ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 3:03 AM

Nice morphs! Thanks!

picnic ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 6:15 AM

Ah, nose morphs. Thanks-I'm on my way to get them and try them (PC). Diane B

stonecold ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 8:19 AM

Thanks! Great Job! Stonecold

picnic ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 9:20 AM

These worked just fine--thanks so much for all of them. Diane B

arcady ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 10:47 AM

Which tips are those? I've been trying to figure out how to get my morph files down in size as well. Oh, I'd love to see if anyone could do a functional morph to give her an asian/african nose. And eyes.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

JeffH ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 10:53 AM

I posted a method for getting MT files smaller here in the forum. One way is to save the file out of UVmapper without Materials, UVs or Normals. You can also use the empty polygon command in RDS or Carrara for additional savings. -JH.

Traveler ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 11:47 AM

Ok, here is the way I do it: -Open .obj in a text editor (it it has a search or find command all the better) -Delete the "#" or "g" lines at the head of the file. (anything before the "v" lines) -Find the end of the "v" lines block. Next set of lines should be the "vt" or "vn" lines. Delete everything that is not a "v" line. Save the .obj (I would back them up the first few times until you get the hang of it) Why does this work? Simple. Poser only stores the "v" lines in a .cr2 so its the only ones that it bothers reading. I figured this out when I first got started morphing and all in all it saves a heck of a lot of space as well as keeps Zygotes copyright on the mesh intact because they are unusable in a modeling program. :) Don't bother with other programs, a text editor is much faster. -Trav

jschoen ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 11:49 AM

Plain and simple file size reduction. I'll use the head as an example. And note, that i'm on a MAC, which should make no difference. ------------------ Cut and Paste ---------------------------- Morph SIZE reduction ---------------------- If you already have a morh target saved skip to "5" ---------------------- 1: Set all dials to Zero. 2: Set the morph you want to the setting you want. 3: Select the head and "Export" as a WaveFront Obj 3a: When requester comes up, deselect ALL (including the "Universe" 3b: Select the "Head" only. Do NOT include the Eyes. 4: Select OK, and when the next requester comes up, again deselect ALL, and select Save as Morph Target Only. 5: Now open up the new Obj file in a word proccesser. 6: The top section will be all you need. ( All the lines starting with a single "v" 6a: Remove everything below this or any line that does NOT begin with a single "v" 6b: Note/TIP: The next set of commands start with a "vt" do a serch from top for "vt". Everything below and including the "vt" lines are not needed. Remove. 7: Save this as a new file (different name -- always keep originals) That's IT. A 1.5 meg file down to around 300k Now open Poser select the figure you applyed the morph to origionaly. "Get info" "Load Morph target" ------------------ End ------------------------------------ Hope this helps. And is correct, this is what worked for me James

Traveler ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 11:55 AM

yep, thats the stuff.

bushi ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 12:23 PM

If all you need are the 'v' lines, I could write a little utility program to do that job. Would anyone be interested?

JeffH ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 12:51 PM

Yes, I'm sure we all would be interested bushi! Text editors are no fun ;-) -Jeff H.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.